Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Looking at a 2015 2LT Vert

I'm looking at a 2015 2lt RS Vert. May be a Sr. Life Crisis car for me but what the heck. The car has 22K on the clock. It has the RS Package. There are no outstanding recalls. I'm buying from a dealer but its not a Chevy dealer therefore not CPO. its been in service for 17 months so it still has 19 months and 14K miles of BTB warranty.

What are things I need to really check into on the car before buying?

Thanks for the forum. I've been cruising it for a while and have gleaned some great info from these threads.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i own a 2015 RS,so far its been good mechanically speaking.had one issue with the TPMS but dealer took care of it under warrantee.paint chips on these cars happen easily,make sure you can live with whatevers on there now and steer clear of gravel haulers.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
SharpOldNo7

It does have a couple of specks in the passenger door and looks like someone drug a suitcase out of the trunk and over the bumper. It left a couple of spots that have benn touched up but the touch up looks like mad dirt dauber did the touch up work. They are each about an inch long.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Great car. The only thing I don't like about it is they are so restricted on the exhaust so they are so quiet from factory. If you buy it you'll want to invest in an aftermarket exhaust upgrade so you can hear that American muscle machine.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
We have a 2014 2LT Vert. Not many miles on it so I can't really help with issues to look for, but it is a really nice car. Just because it's a vert I'd suggest checking the top really well for damage and making sure it goes up and down smoothly, etc.

As stated above it isn't loud but you can make it loud if you want.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
SharpOldNo7

I got passed the gotta be loud stage sometime back. I would just about rather have to raise the hood to see if the engine is running. Had a 82 Boss Mustang back in the day and made it loud. Other than the Harley, I don't need anything else loud.

Am I reading correctly that the clear coat or paint is just thin or is it just too soft and chips easily.

Last edited by SharpOldNo7; 12-23-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #7
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOldNo7 View Post
I got passed the gotta be loud stage sometime back. I would just about rather have to raise the hood to see if the engine is running. Had a 82 Boss Mustang back in the day and made it loud. Other than the Harley, I don't need anything else loud.

Am I reading correctly that the clear pat is just thin or is it just too soft and chips easily.
I don't think that the clear coat is any thinner than other cars, but rather just the shape of the car puts more surfaces out there that get hit by rocks.

All in all these are great cars. I wouldn't worry about there being some underlying issue unless you see something that is obviously leaking or damaged. There are entire topics on here where people have posted what issues they have and I have not noticed a trend more just one of issues. Here is a current thread that is still active with people posting their issues.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476947
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #8
SharpOldNo7

Yea I read that thread through and made a couple of mental comments about what some others have had an issue with. I searched the forum for threads like that and read most of them to try to glean other ideas as well.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #9
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
ive had good results touching up factory paint with touch up paint bought from the dealer.applied with the end of a chewed toothpick,waiting a couple days and using turtle wax scratch and swirl remover,then waxing.seems to be a late model GM thing as my pontiac solstice had this issue too.most chips can be made unnoticeable with a little care.like you i prefer mine quiet.i had cars with headers and glasspacks for 25 years and you get tired of it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #10
SharpOldNo7

I use 3M FinesseIt II and have had good results taking out minor scratches and swirl marks. I use it on my Gelcoat to keep the oxidation off of the boat.

What about the waterbag on the top? Is there anything to check in it? I don't like water leaks (Jeep Wrangler in the past) not do I like air leak noise.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #11
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
ive had good results touching up factory paint with touch up paint bought from the dealer.applied with the end of a chewed toothpick,waiting a couple days and using turtle wax scratch and swirl remover,then waxing.seems to be a late model GM thing as my pontiac solstice had this issue too.most chips can be made unnoticeable with a little care.like you i prefer mine quiet.i had cars with headers and glasspacks for 25 years and you get tired of it.
Langka Blob Eliminator is worth every penny when touching up paint chips. I use it every time I touch up my car. This combined with factory touch up paint from the dealer and you can't see the spots anymore.

https://www.amazon.com/Langka-LANGKA.../dp/B000BAT622
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #12
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOldNo7 View Post
I'm looking at a 2015 2lt RS Vert. May be a Sr. Life Crisis car for me but what the heck. The car has 22K on the clock. It has the RS Package. There are no outstanding recalls. I'm buying from a dealer but its not a Chevy dealer therefore not CPO. its been in service for 17 months so it still has 19 months and 14K miles of BTB warranty.

What are things I need to really check into on the car before buying?

Thanks for the forum. I've been cruising it for a while and have gleaned some great info from these threads.
Private owner or off of a rental fleet?
Thats the main concern I'd have with the car.
Not saying it isn't worth buying as a former rental if it is one, but the price better darn well reflect where it came from. As in CHEAP>
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #13
SharpOldNo7

LStick, I like your ride. That color is the only one I wanted and is the color of the one Im looking to buy. Black top, Black leather interior. I believe it was a rental unit. That is about what has flooded the market. It came out of a GM Manufactures Auction. Price is less than $19k for 18 months old and 22K miles
Old 12-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #14
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Price seams fair for an RS drop top. My 2013 was 2 years old when I bought it, with 10K on odo. I paid 28K for my LT1 with leather. Have it 18 months, no issues.

18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote