Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
very cool!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Awesome encounter. THIS is the kind of thing that makes it so cool to own this car.
+1,000,000!!!

I was at a car show last summer with Jarvis59 and we were the only two 5th Gen Camaros there and both our cars are RJT....we basically 'stole the show'...

At one point I had a father and his approximately 10yr old son stop and look at my Camaro and I could tell this kid was thinking that he had 'died and gone to heaven'....it was around the time that the new Transformers movie was released...

So I decided to 'make this kid's day'...I asked him if he wanted to sit in the driver's seat of my BRAND NEW Camaro and have his Dad take a picture of him behind the steering wheel to show to all his friends....he looked like the happiest kid I've ever seen and his Dad was thrilled too...

That was the most heartwarming story I've had with my Camaro so far, and I wanted to share it with all of you...
Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Love to hear that stuff. great job guys.

I was pulled over at the bank and parked next to the curb waiting for my wife to come out (kind of not a spot but i didnt want door dings) and about 10 mins later I see a push bar of a police car slowly come up right next to me. My first thought was - crap now i got to move but when the driver came into few ever so slowly a smiling police officer was giving me the thumbs up. I was like wtf I pegged him wrong. As he passed I asked him if he wanted to race and he laughed and drove away. Hopefully he is the guy who pulls me over if I am ever unlucky enough to get caught. The best part was my wife saw the cop stop next to me from the distance in the bank and when she came out a few mins later she promptly told me " I know you were going going to get told to move! " HA!
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #18
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Awesome. I love hearing stories like this one. My daughter is mildly mentaly retarded and is very active in the special olympics. Ever since we got the camaro all of her friends and the other athlete's treat her like a rock star. She loves the car and the attention. I will never forget the perm-a-grins that are locked on all of thes kids faces just for the quick rides in the camaro. She cracks me up if I have to take the truck to get her to one of her practices....she is soooooooo bummed!!! I think she loves this car more than my wife and I do!!!! Maybe she dosent any disabilities to speak of. She sure has good taste!!!!

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #19
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hose View Post
Awesome. I love hearing stories like this one. My daughter is mildly mentaly retarded and is very active in the special olympics. Ever since we got the camaro all of her friends and the other athlete's treat her like a rock star. She loves the car and the attention. I will never forget the perm-a-grins that are locked on all of thes kids faces just for the quick rides in the camaro. She cracks me up if I have to take the truck to get her to one of her practices....she is soooooooo bummed!!! I think she loves this car more than my wife and I do!!!! Maybe she dosent any disabilities to speak of. She sure has good taste!!!!
Glad to hear... Not only is the Camaro the best looking car on the road today, IMHO, it also serves as a therapy session for some...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
I also thought you were going to say, you got jumped and they took your ride.
Had this been the case, not to sound like a bad @ss, the thread would've read, "Camaro5 member TripleX shoots would be thief during car jack attempt"
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #20
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
+1,000,000!!!

I was at a car show last summer with Jarvis59 and we were the only two 5th Gen Camaros there and both our cars are RJT....we basically 'stole the show'...

At one point I had a father and his approximately 10yr old son stop and look at my Camaro and I could tell this kid was thinking that he had 'died and gone to heaven'....it was around the time that the new Transformers movie was released...

So I decided to 'make this kid's day'...I asked him if he wanted to sit in the driver's seat of my BRAND NEW Camaro and have his Dad take a picture of him behind the steering wheel to show to all his friends....he looked like the happiest kid I've ever seen and his Dad was thrilled too...

That was the most heartwarming story I've had with my Camaro so far, and I wanted to share it with all of you...
The one time I took my Mustang to a car show, it was a crowd favorite with the kiddos. I let one ~6 y.o. girl sit in it, and she was just the happiest little kid, really made my day, even if I lost to a riced out 07 Mustang

Best reaction I've had in the Camaro was a pair of kids around 7-8 jumping up and down screaming TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM!

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
All your stories are so cool! I love to hear how something as simple as a vehicle can make so many happy!

I came out of my local grocery store the other night to 4 boys probably 10-13 years old riding their bikes right in front of the car. As I approached it their eyes lit up and one of them road over to me. He asked if it was my car and I replied, "yes." He looked at me as said, "you have the coolest car in the world lady. You are really lucky!" I replied, "YEP I AM!" It made my week.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #22
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Great stories!

This weekend while I was washing my Camaro, a guy driving a Mustang pulled to the stop... hung out the window and sapped a picture.

That's the best I got so far... but I've had many smiling encounters, with thumbs raised high in the air!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #23
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX View Post
It really made my day to see the enjoyment this young man received just by me talking with him about the car...
I always enjoy hearing stories about gawkers and people who appreciate the Camaro. I have to admit, though, that this story is now my favorite.

Thanks, TripleX, for making my day!!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #24
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I have many stories like this, i think i have let about 20 complete strangers sit in my car.
Kids, adults, the gas station clerk was extatic that i let him sit in my car, but i think the best was when i was letting my friend drive my Camaro, yes i let my friend drive my baby and he drove better then i did when i first got her. Anyways, as he pulled over so we can switch, a Safari(van) pulls up and 3 officers jump out with the biggest smiles on their face. WE talked for about 10 minutes on the car and i invited them to sit in her, but they all said that it was alright because of their gunbelts which i thought was very respectful of them. All in all, this Camaro is great, it definitly can serve as therapy sessions for many.
Kudos to the Op, great story!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #25
mmongi7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to mmongi7
Yep yep. It is a good feeling. I always see little kids mouthing the words bumblebee as I drive by. Not that transformers in the reason I bought the car, but at least they recognize it and have respect for it. Always cool to make the kids smile.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #26
hollywood1

Drives: Love my 1LT IBM
Stopped at a crosswalk in a shopping plaza lot, two youngsters (guessing 12 or 13) jumped off their bikes dropped to the ground on their knees and began bowing up and down Wayne's World we are not worthy-style-this is the most interesting recation so far!
hollywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote