Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #15
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I really enjoyed the movie, everyone else I know didn't.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
I liked the movie because its something that could actually happen. Especially in those days. Most movies are over the top.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I watched Old Country once and wasn't overly impressed. Yeah its dark and doesn't have any real resolution and is realistic in the sense that 'yep, thats life for ya' but it seems like the entire movie is forcing that message down your throat: Nobody's perfect and eventually, evil can prevail. Deal with it.

Well, yeah ... I already knew that. I watch movies to forget that for ~2h

Going back to the office on Monday (or watching the news) is all I need to re-affirm the message of the movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
You've never seen 'Tank Girl', I see.
I've seen the 1st 1/2 of Tank Girl ... at that point I concluded that I could spend the next hour or so doing just about anything else & it would be more beneficial to my life.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:00 PM   #18
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I watched Old Country once and wasn't overly impressed. Yeah its dark and doesn't have any real resolution and is realistic in the sense that 'yep, thats life for ya' but it seems like the entire movie is forcing that message down your throat: Nobody's perfect and eventually, evil can prevail. Deal with it.

Well, yeah ... I already knew that. I watch movies to forget that for ~2h

Going back to the office on Monday (or watching the news) is all I need to re-affirm the message of the movie

I've seen the 1st 1/2 of Tank Girl ... at that point I concluded that I could spend the next hour or so doing just about anything else & it would be more beneficial to my life.
There is a level of complexity and beauty to this film that is hard to explain. It either pulls you in or it does not. I can recommend the novel which is even richer in motivation and character development.
Take the Wells scene, in the novel it takes on much more meaning and we learn more about Anton:
Quote:
I'd make it worth your while. Take you to an ATM. Everybody just walks away. There's about 14 grand in it.
Good payday.
I think so.
Chigurh looked out the window, the shotgun across his knee. Getting hurt changed me, he said. Changed my perspective. I've moved on, in a way. Some things have fallen into place that were not there before. I thought they were, but the wernt. The best way I can put it is that I've sort of caught up with myself. That's not a bad thing. It was overdue.
It's still a good payday.
It is. It's just in the wrong currency.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote