Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #85
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So...

Max loaded GT vs base 1SS..not an apples to apples comparison..but these results are okay to crow about?

If it had gone the other way with a base GTPP putting a hurt on a max loaded 2SS this forum would be losing its mind.
umm...first off...there are people here (myself included) who called this out. Don't act like we ignored it.

2nd...you know damn well a 2SS would have only added 50 - 75 pounds max to the car and it still would have beaten the Mustang badly in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile metrics, along with the same handling.

Next..."losing its mind"....you mean just like how Mustang6G forum is acting right???

We all would've rather this been a base GTPP getting beaten down just to keep people like you from bringing up this crap.

Move along.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #86
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
So...

Max loaded GT vs base 1SS..not an apples to apples comparison..but these results are okay to crow about?

If it had gone the other way with a base GTPP putting a hurt on a max loaded 2SS this forum would be losing its mind.
Sigh.. A 2SS weighs 3,750 ish give or take a few pounds. A GT PP in that range will still be walked.

The only forum that has been losing their minds even before this was released has been the blue oval one. I don't see people in droves here constantly talking shit about the Mustang.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #87
ChefBorOzzy

No matter how it's set up, there will always be excuses from the other side. If everything is the same, they'll say "Chevy Trend". Give me a ****ing break and get out of here with that shit trying to stir it up.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #88
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
So...

Shouldn't it actually be a GT non PP since this is a base 1SS? No no can't have that either. So represent a better than base performance GT to a base performance 1SS. Where's the outcry?? Oh that's right it wouldn't have made a difference.

Apples to oranges, sure...but neither side is an apple.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #89
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
SS does 80 in second gear... while the GT takes one more gear to reach there...Now...is that a good thing or a bad thing... I mean when I was reading reviews of GTI vs WRX, the complain was that the GTI had too tall a gearing and hence you dont shift quite often and so it takes away a little bit of fun... Now suddenly someone is saying that in a bad way... so which way is a good way... For a guy who is learning about the car mechanics... this is so confusing...
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #90
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
SS does 80 in second gear... while the GT takes one more gear to reach there...Now...is that a good thing or a bad thing... I mean when I was reading reviews of GTI vs WRX, the complain was that the GTI had too tall a gearing and hence you dont shift quite often and so it takes away a little bit of fun... Now suddenly someone is saying that in a bad way... so which way is a good way... For a guy who is learning about the car mechanics... this is so confusing...
It's all about what you prefer. Camaro has plenty of low end torque so you could shift up to the next gear at a lower RPM if you're not going WOT. It's fun banging through gears in my Mustang, but I do desire longer gears and more low end torque.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #91
ChefBorOzzy

My buddy has a 15 GT PP Premium. He has shaved some weight off with a catback exhaust. Once I get my SS (I think I will), we'll go weigh them and post it on both forums. We will also run them down Texas Mile most likely next year. I'm guessing that will be close as the Mustang has better gearing on the top end.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #92
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Lol..this place gets more and more funny every day.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #93
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #94
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Cool story, bro. I know you don't own a Camaro.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #95
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
The only thing funny is the fact the Mustang had its ass handed to it in this review, the only people that can defend it in this scenario are fanboys. Accept defeat, and wait for the next round.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #96
Roddy1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Nice Thread OP! Thanks for sharing! I'm really wanting a 2016 Camaro!!! and this doesn't help!
Roddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #97
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy1 View Post
Nice Thread OP! Thanks for sharing! I'm really wanting a 2016 Camaro!!! and this doesn't help!
Glad to be of service to you!!!
Old 10-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #98
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
What's funny are the facts:

Same '15 GTPP Premium from test last year lost to the '15 1LE in handling, even though the GTPP had the advantage in power to weight.

The weight increase is not as much due to the car being a Premium, but the parts included in the PP.

So the question is why is it a big deal to anyone it was a Premium, but not a big deal this was a GT PP? The reality is the base GT would have been decimated by this 1SS. Adding the PP to the GT didn't help it against the heavier, less powerful '15 1LE. So who expects it to fair any better against a 2SS which is still lighter and more powerful than the '15 1LE??

So again we should cry foul that it wasn't a base to base comparisons, and Ford has to have an optional track pack to compete with a base 1SS. After all the only difference in the 1SS and 2SS is non-performance items.

Sure I would want to see it compared to a 2SS for the interior comparison. But does anyone actually believe there is a real performance difference between 1SS and 2SS, or GTPP Premium and GTPP non-Premium? Maybe a tenth in 1/4 and likely no measurable difference in handling.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote