Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #141
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Skyrim is the most organic gaming experience of all time. *I won't get into what happened last night but I'll explain it like this: *you get up to grill yourself a steak for dinner. *The kitchen is dirty so you clean it but then you have to take out the garbage. You take out the garbage and notice that your neighbor is working on his car and struggling with something. *You stop to help which ends up taking a couple of hours. *Now, tired, sweaty and bloody you're in no shape to grill that steak so you end up at the pub eating a burger and sharing a pitcher with your neighbor...that's skyrim...you never get around to doing what you set out to do.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #142
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #143
Ruin
...soon

Drives: 1969 Corvette & 2010 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDubATC View Post
I did this part on the first try with only one word. All I did was regular sprint from the first stone to the third one and when I hit that third one I used the whirlwind and got through no problem.
Seriously? I walked.

Walked to trigger the stones in the right sequence and held down the R2 to use all three words and sprinted right through the gates. Easy as pie.

I think that was the one and only time I used a sprint in that quest. I had my trusty side kick with me, so we just moseyed on through.

I'm up to level 25 now. Have been playing a bit less. But, Hjerim is an awesome house - although I'm ready for the bookcase and display case bugs to get fixed. I've probably had bookcases eat a few thousand in septim thanks to lost skill books. I made the bold mistake of trying to play BF3 for the first time in a few weeks last night... I still can't sit down!

Also, with shouts:

One shout can be comprised of one, two or three words depending on what you know. Once you shout, regardless of number of words, you must wait for a shout recharge. The number of words you use depend (on PS3 at least) on how long you hold down the trigger - I'm assuming this is the same function for PC or 360. A quick tap does one word and a long hold does all three. You just have to listen and release depending on your goal.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #144
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Im upto 4 or 5 dragons slayed and still only have one shout?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #145
Ruin
...soon

Complete more quests... a lot of words to learn shouts are in dungeons. You can find a list of locations online. Also complete the main quests with Delphine and the Grey Beards.

What level are you? I just hit 25 and have killed over 20 dragons already. I can't seem to NOT find one to kill. Fast travel less, that will help.

Also, once you learn a word you can use absorbed souls to unlock it.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #146
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSNEEKSx View Post
Im upto 4 or 5 dragons slayed and still only have one shout?
It took a little bit of time for me to realize that to activate a shout I'd learned but was greyed out that I needed to hit X on my XBox 360 controller (Square on the PS3) to "Spend" the dragon soul to activate the shout. You have to do that for each word you learn/find. I'm at the greybeards and they tought me the shout that clears the mists...Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a f'n dragon to attack me lately, so I can't actually ACTIVATE it shout...

Old 12-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #147
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
It took a little bit of time for me to realize that to activate a shout I'd learned but was greyed out that I needed to hit X on my XBox 360 controller (Square on the PS3) to "Spend" the dragon soul to activate the shout. You have to do that for each word you learn/find. I'm at the greybeards and they tought me the shout that clears the mists...Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a f'n dragon to attack me lately, so I can't actually ACTIVATE it shout...
If i remember correctly the Greybeards were supposed to activate that one for you, like they did for Roh and the first word of whirlwind. Oh, and once you make it to the top of that mountain.... you're in for a surprise, I'll leave it at that
Old 12-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #148
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
If i remember correctly the Greybeards were supposed to activate that one for you, like they did for Roh and the first word of whirlwind. Oh, and once you make it to the top of that mountain.... you're in for a surprise, I'll leave it at that
They gave me the word, but I need to spend a dragon soul on it. It's inactive right now.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #149
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
They gave me the word, but I need to spend a dragon soul on it. It's inactive right now.
yeah, with most of the words they teach you, they let you absorb their understanding of it, thereby unlocking it. Sounds like your quest may have glitched as that didn't happen :/
Old 12-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #150
Ruin
...soon

Devryn, double check and make sure that you learned the word properly. You might need to go back a save or two and redo it. Anything the Greybeards teach you, you don't need a soul for. That's what that whole orange swirly bit the Greybeards do is all about. I had no issues with it. :/

And you're definitely in for a surprise up there.

Side note: I got adventurous and wanted to claim the highest peak in Skyrim - it takes effort but you're rewarded with an enchanted pick axe, some ebony ore and some gold ore as well. Not bad for just a few jumps!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #151
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Devryn, double check and make sure that you learned the word properly. You might need to go back a save or two and redo it. Anything the Greybeards teach you, you don't need a soul for. That's what that whole orange swirly bit the Greybeards do is all about. I had no issues with it. :/

And you're definitely in for a surprise up there.

Side note: I got adventurous and wanted to claim the highest peak in Skyrim - it takes effort but you're rewarded with an enchanted pick axe, some ebony ore and some gold ore as well. Not bad for just a few jumps!
Ooo, i might have to try that
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #152
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
My archery just hit 80. Woot! My sneak is 100, and fully perked.

I joined the Dark Brotherhood and have finished that quest chain. 3X damage from bow, or 30X damage with daggers is pretty damn cool I can clear many dungeons now without even getting hit...except by the main boss or mini bosses.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #153
Mellish50

Drives: 2011 SW M6 2SS
Everyone should check out skyrim exploits on youtube if you haven't, its a lot of help u can get ur skills to 100 really quick, i went from lvl 16 to 31 in 3 hours.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #154
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

I need that im only lvl 19.