Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Steven13

Drives: 13' Black SS
dealer installed mud gaurds question

do any holes need to be drilled to install them and if yes, where do they need to be?
Steven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Yes, one hole up front in each of the front inner wheel well guards and one hole in the rear in the lower section of each of the rear fenders after the wheel well.

Honestly, the GM splash guards are crap! Get the RPI designs splashguards. I went with the ZL1 rear and standard front and couldn't be happier!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Steven13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
Yes, one hole up front in each of the front inner wheel well guards and one hole in the rear in the lower section of each of the rear fenders after the wheel well.

Honestly, the GM splash guards are crap! Get the RPI designs splashguards. I went with the ZL1 rear and standard front and couldn't be happier!
so there arent any holes on painted sections of the body. and yea i agree with you, i have the gm ones and i want them off.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

Does anyone know if the rear ZL1 splash guards will fit on the 2014? Some of the pictures I have seen of the 10-13 and 14 rear side by side tell me that they will not fit.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
There was a good write up about this and of course I can't find now.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
I dont know if they fit the '14s but they fit my 11 just fine. I did the whole rear diffuser complete with quad tips (i did a write up in the DIY sections) and the splash guards fit just fine. So unless they changed the rear fenders on the 14's, and I dont think they did, they should fit. Maybe someone else with a 14 or that knows for sure can chime in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
PsychoZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven13 View Post
so there arent any holes on painted sections of the body. and yea i agree with you, i have the gm ones and i want them off.
There is a hole in the painted section in the rear fender, but it's underneath and not very noticeable unless you look right at it. It's where the plastic fastener on the rear splash fastens on the lower rear corner on the splash guard.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Steven13

Quote:
There is a hole in the painted section in the rear fender, but it's underneath and not very noticeable unless you look right at it. It's where the plastic fastener on the rear splash fastens on the lower rear corner on the splash guard.
awesome thanks, ill just put a painted fastener in the hole when i take them off
Old 10-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Found it, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120050 .
Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
I have the GM splash guards on my '10.
Look and work good. No real issues installing them. Don't remember what I drilled into but I know it wasn't metal.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:

I purchased the same RPI set however I'm not sure how they will look. Could you post a couple of pictures of them installed? thanks
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #12
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
I bought new 13 black 2lt yesterday and getting free flares on csr. gm. frankly i like them and got dealer to put on free with rear carpet floor mats
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:

Why do you say they are Crap?
I had them on my 2010 and they were one of the first things I put on my 2012...I couldn't be happier either...
Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
PsychoZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Why do you say they are Crap?
I had them on my 2010 and they were one of the first things I put on my 2012...I couldn't be happier either...
Mine were crap because the part on the GM splash guards that are held in place by the double-sided tape kept coming off, so I said screw it and got rid of them after the 3rd time my splash guards were just hanging there by the screws. Got tired of removing them and trying to get them to stay. Each time they looked worse than they did before.