Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Anyone else see Camaros and wonder if they're from C5?

I do this all the time, I see them and wonder if they are. Or I look for clues like exhaust or some of the external mods we all love to do.

We need a sticker or something for this site.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
JewelSS1992

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
we have stickers
http://stores.camaro5store.com/
JewelSS1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
What we need is a little business card or something like that of some sort, that when you see another Gen5, you can stick this on their windshield to let them know about Camaro5 forums. It would have to be something that states something like:

"I realize you probably take great care of your camaro, and normally would not want anything stuck to your windshield, but if you are not a member of Camaro5, I would love for you to join to collaborate with your Camaro peers."

or something to that affect..

I was at a park one day, and found 2 other camaro's there. I took notice of the license plates and looked here for them, and found 1 of the guys that was there, and we have been communicating since..

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
TeelsBlack

Drives: 2013 Black-on-Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I do this all the time, I see them and wonder if they are. Or I look for clues like exhaust or some of the external mods we all love to do.

We need a sticker or something for this site.
All the time, but 90% of the time it always seems to be an older lady driving, and doesn't even acknowledge another camaro is next to them.
TeelsBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
Towlie

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeelsBlack View Post
All the time, but 90% of the time it always seems to be an older lady driving, and doesn't even acknowledge another camaro is next to them.
^^this. I see Camaros all the time and wonder. 50%of the time it's a elderly person, the othe 45% is a douche that looks square at you when you wave and flat ignores you. I by no means look "gangsta" or "redneck" and usually wear a USMC hat, I figure that would help people be a little more comfortable waving or saying hi in a parking lot. Not so much.
Towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Lol, I too wonder the same thing but 70% of the time its a female driver, elderly person, or a rental V6. In the Ne Ohio area younger guys with ss camaro's or even V6's are very rare. Texas is a whole 'nuther' story
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My fiancé' just purchased a jeep, and it seems like every time we take the doors/top off, we end up with some type of jeep club flyer placed on the dash...Normally I don't like stuff like that, but I think its pretty neat.

I will say that Jeep owners are actually a lot more willing to wave and talk than Camaro owners it seems. Whenever I drive the Jeep and see another Jeep, I just put my hand out the window, throw up the peace sign over the top of the steering wheel, or something similar....and the gesture is returned almost 90% of the time!

Lets get on it Camaro owners! haha

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
All the time!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
SatSky08

Drives: '08 Saturn Sky, '14 2LT Convertible
This drives me nuts! Car enthusiasts should acknowledge each other. When I was in the Navy on the east coast we had an MGB. MG drivers always flashed headlights at each other and waved. When we moved back to the midwest it seemed that MG drivers there had no idea what was going on or where the headlight flasher was. When I meet another yellow Camaro (especially another convertible) I always wave but usually get no response. On a positive note, I was giving my brother in law a demo ride last week. We were sitting at a red light with the top down when I heard "nice car" from the right. I said "thanks" as I turned to see another Camaro beside us, then added "Oh yeah! Hi!"
Old 07-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
bytOSX

Drives: -
This is my sticker on both sides!
Attached Images

bytOSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #11
bytOSX

^^^... but it's probably useless since there are just 3 Camaro owners in my town lol!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #12
bytOSX

Camaro5 welcome card:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=cards
Old 07-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #13
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Yep, I do this all the time.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Lol, I too wonder the same thing but 70% of the time its a female driver, elderly person, or a rental V6. In the Ne Ohio area younger guys with ss camaro's or even V6's are very rare. Texas is a whole 'nuther' story
And what exactly would you consider 'elderly' sonny boy...
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote