Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
He's talking about the visibility that you get from HID's are better than foglights. It's comparing apples to oranges because both lights have two totally different functions, but he was talking about visibility.
thank you. sorry that I got off track from the OP. Stieger said it best.The high intensity discharge lights over power(if u will)your foglights,so it would be redundant to turn on foglights with HIDs.Personally, I would still want the option to turn on foglights whenever I wanted to.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
This topic has been famous lately.
It's because no one reads their owners manual.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #17
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Deja Vu...? Halos look way better than fog lights anyways.. Also, not sure about other states, but NC won't allow you to have both on at once.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Deja Vu...? Halos look way better than fog lights anyways.. Also, not sure about other states, but NC won't allow you to have both on at once.
Both what? Fog lights and headlights?
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
It's because no one reads their owners manual.
I was told by my "good salesman" from day one that the RS package uses the fog lights as the DRLs and can't be ran as otherwise. I "ask questions" when I buy a new car.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
iHasCamaro

I read my owner's manual, except the part about the lights. I have a 1SS so the fog lights are where the fog lights go, and the fog light switch turns the fog lights on and off (interesting concept, no?). When it's foggy out, the fog lights illuminate the area just in front of and to the sides of the car to see the lines on the side of the road (especially the "fog line").

The 1SS uses the headlights as DRL's, which is what I did before I had automatic DRL's (I would run my lights in the daytime as well as at night, and by lights I mean headlights).

HID's are great, but it seems the way Chevy did it is completely stupid and confusing, and to delete the fog lights is stupid too. Regardless of how bright the HID's are, they aren't illuminating the area just in front of and to the sides of the vehicle as well as fog lights could because fog lights are placed on the bottom of the vehicle by the road where fog lights should go. Draw a straight line from the headlights to the bumper and continue it to the road, and that's the closest spot in front of the car they can illuminate, which isn't directly in front of the car.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
I read my owner's manual, except the part about the lights. I have a 1SS so the fog lights are where the fog lights go, and the fog light switch turns the fog lights on and off (interesting concept, no?). When it's foggy out, the fog lights illuminate the area just in front of and to the sides of the car to see the lines on the side of the road (especially the "fog line").

The 1SS uses the headlights as DRL's, which is what I did before I had automatic DRL's (I would run my lights in the daytime as well as at night, and by lights I mean headlights).

HID's are great, but it seems the way Chevy did it is completely stupid and confusing, and to delete the fog lights is stupid too. Regardless of how bright the HID's are, they aren't illuminating the area just in front of and to the sides of the vehicle as well as fog lights could because fog lights are placed on the bottom of the vehicle by the road where fog lights should go.
Allow be to correct you there, "non RS" you get the fog lights. 1SS just means you didn't get leather and some of the interior gadgets. Mine is 1SS/RS and it's cloth seats, no fog lights, only DRL.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #22
iHasCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Allow be to correct you there, "non RS" you get the fog lights. 1SS just means you didn't get leather and some of the interior gadgets. Mine is 1SS/RS and it's cloth seats, no fog lights, only DRL.
OK most people here say their trim level, not the lack of their package.

But to clarify I have a 1SS Non-2SS Non-RS Non-ZL1 Non-1LE Non-V6
Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:

HID's are great, but it seems the way Chevy did it is completely stupid and confusing, and to delete the fog lights is stupid too. Regardless of how bright the HID's are, they aren't illuminating the area just in front of and to the sides of the vehicle as well as fog lights could because fog lights are placed on the bottom of the vehicle by the road where fog lights should go. Draw a straight line from the headlights to the bumper and continue it to the road, and that's the closest spot in front of the car they can illuminate, which isn't directly in front of the car.
Quote:

Wow, you are REALLY taking this out of context, and making a headache not only for yourself, but for all of us.

It is neither "Stupid" nor "confusing" how GM designed the Camaro with the RS package to work in conjuction with the HID/DRL setup. They did not want the DRL's to be foglights, so they made them DRLs. They did not want the Halo's to be on the same time as the DRLs, so they didn't do it.

I understand it perfectly, and because I didnt "agree" with it, I paid my 100$, and got a DRL harness from fieldgoal00, simple, done. Just because YOU dont agree with what GM decided to do with the Camaro, doesn't mean it's stupid or confusing. It may just be to you, but thats your problem.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #24
iHasCamaro

Quote:
Wow, you are REALLY taking this out of context, and making a headache not only for yourself, but for all of us.

It is neither "Stupid" nor "confusing" how GM designed the Camaro with the RS package to work in conjuction with the HID/DRL setup. They did not want the DRL's to be foglights, so they made them DRLs. They did not want the Halo's to be on the same time as the DRLs, so they didn't do it.

I understand it perfectly, and because I didnt "agree" with it, I paid my 100$, and got a DRL harness from fieldgoal00, simple, done. Just because YOU dont agree with what GM decided to do with the Camaro, doesn't mean it's stupid or confusing. It may just be to you, but thats your problem.
LOL it's stupid plain and simple. It's confusing to anyone who knows what fog lights are and is not versed in the nuances of the RS package.

"You see...you can upgrade to this package, but we call your fog lights something else and they are on all the time except at night, or in the fog, or especially at night in the fog..."

Brilliant!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #25
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
LOL it's stupid plain and simple. It's confusing to anyone who knows what fog lights are and is not versed in the nuances of the RS package.

"You see...you can upgrade to this package, but we call your fog lights something else and they are on all the time except at night, or in the fog, or especially at night in the fog..."

Brilliant!!!!!!

You don't even have the RS package do you? You have the dull, crappy looking yellowish non RS package headlights right?? So WHY are YOU worried about it??
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #26
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:

and, apparantly a bad attitude.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9072SS/RS View Post
I picked up a new 2011 and I took delivery and was in shock and awe hours in the garage checking things out. I noticed that my camaro has fog lights but there is no switch for them. I was reading the sticker and noticed that because of daytime running lights it states fog light delete.

What the hell does that mean besides the obvious. I have fogs in the car but can't turn then on? Is there a way to get them working?

This is my first post and I hate asking questions on 1st post because I can't figure out how to post pic of my new ride. To top it off it's just sitting in the garage until the snow melts in the road to my house.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Sorry your thread got jacked. I also felt the same way the first day I got my 2010,believe me in a week of driving your car you'll forget all about the whole fog light thing.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
iHasCamaro

Quote:
You don't even have the RS package do you? You have the dull, crappy looking yellowish non RS package headlights right?? So WHY are YOU worried about it??
I'm not worried about it. I have a non-RS w/ Sylvania SilverStar Ultra headlights. And fog lights!

Just saying I would be pissed if I bought the RS package and couldn't use my fog lights. It's a stupid idea. And I'll stand by that statement unless someone comes up w/ a counterpoint better than "Oh yeah...well your headlights suck" or "You have a bad attitude" or "You mis-stated the packages on your car" or "It's not a dumb idea but I installed a wiring harness to correct it" lol.