Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #29
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Chris,

will the new 3 inch system be avail as only an Axleback? I have the ARH system w/ stock axleback. I am looking for a change as I will be adding a blower soon.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #30
chris@borla

Drives: 02 True Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspaul View Post
ok how much will the cat back be?
Retail price for the ATAK is 1599.99. Of course much less through one of our distributors. Such as Maryland Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Chris,

will the new 3 inch system be avail as only an Axleback? I have the ARH system w/ stock axleback. I am looking for a change as I will be adding a blower soon.
I am not 100% sure. Most likely not, because of any possible fitment issues. I will definitely bring it up though.
chris@borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #31
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
well thats upsetting as i have the s-type, now i want the atak it sounds great you should swap my s-type out for the atak !!! why was there no news of this being developed i would have waited for the atak now i feel i have waisted more money, dont get me wrong the s-type is good but the atak should take the place of the s-type because there is not much difference between the touring and s-type.

I might swap the s-types out if they do axle back with the atak...
I have longtubes and the s-types sound sick with them.. I'm guessing with the ataks it will sound insane with longtubes
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #32
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
So, I'm getting ready to put Kooks 1 7/8" LT catted headers on my car along with a tune. I already have a CAI intake. I have an L99. I want my car to sound like a V8, but I do not want an annoying drone on the highway. Are you recommending the touring system from the cats back for my car or is there no non-stock exhaust that will eliminate the L99 drone? I will stay with the stock exhaust rather than get that drone. Should I wait and get the 3" pipes? - I will be the first to admit I'm a novice at this, so I ask lots of questions before diving in. Thanks.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #33
chris@borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
So, I'm getting ready to put Kooks 1 7/8" LT catted headers on my car along with a tune. I already have a CAI intake. I have an L99. I want my car to sound like a V8, but I do not want an annoying drone on the highway. Are you recommending the touring system from the cats back for my car or is there no non-stock exhaust that will eliminate the L99 drone? I will stay with the stock exhaust rather than get that drone. Should I wait and get the 3" pipes? - I will be the first to admit I'm a novice at this, so I ask lots of questions before diving in. Thanks.
No need for the 3 inch at your power level. The complete touring cat-back is the way to go. With the long tubes and high flow cats it will sound great without being obnoxious while cruising.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #34
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Chris,

I currently have the S-Type cat-back with Kooks headers, and the sound is sweet! I do have some drone at certain RPMs, but not enough to really bother me. Is the ATAK system going to be better or worse when it comes to drone?
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #35
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
1st thing i would do is shut off the AFM when u get it tuned. that should resolve 95% of ANY drone issue.

2nd, i read the ATAK is comparable to Corsa as far as the "No Drone" at cruising speeds. my wife wanted the "No Drone" and convinced me to go with Corsa. i will say that when driving nicely and crusing down the highway - it's stock quiet (with Kooks 1 7/8" LT's and cats). but when you get into the gas, it comes alive.

my understanding is that the ATAK achieves the same goal. i however, like the ATAK tone under throttle better.

also remember that the axelback will be a tad quieter than catback - the stock H pipe has 2 resonators in it.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #36
chris@borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Chris,

I currently have the S-Type cat-back with Kooks headers, and the sound is sweet! I do have some drone at certain RPMs, but not enough to really bother me. Is the ATAK system going to be better or worse when it comes to drone?
Interior resonance is going to be similar to the S type.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #37
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris@borla View Post
Remember happy wife equals happy life!!!! It is not too late to switch over
send me the ATAK catback...... if the wife approves, we'll work out a price!

ya know.......my wifes seal of approval on a Borla ATAK catback system WITH Kooks LT headers could = $$$$$$ from the female camaro5 audience as well as other advertising vehicles.

just saying.........(will work for food)..

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #38
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris@borla View Post
Interior resonance is going to be similar to the S type.
Thanks Chris. After hearing them I think I still like my S, but I would be interested in hearing the ATAK in person. Are you guys going to be at C5?

Also, if I did decide at some point to go with the ATAK, would I have to replace the entire system, or could I just get the mufflers?
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #39
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
sold
Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #40
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Thanks Chris. After hearing them I think I still like my S, but I would be interested in hearing the ATAK in person. Are you guys going to be at C5?

Also, if I did decide at some point to go with the ATAK, would I have to replace the entire system, or could I just get the mufflers?
I would think they would make just the axle back just like they do with the other types... That's what I'm hoping for.. Lets see this week I want to go with the S-types, easy enough to change out.. Then when you want to make a scene you throw the ataks on
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #41
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
I've got the type S with a set of longtubes and i've got some extra goodies Namely a TVS2300 supercharger. Would it be worthwhile to get the ATAK system? I really like the sound it makes.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #42
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Here's a link to the Camaro ATAK exhaust on the Borla website. Please look for a local distributor. Prices on Borla's website are full retail.

http://borla.com/products/product_de...rod_sku=140356

Thanks
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote