Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
AAC Footwell Lighting!

Ok so I already installed my footwell lighting and wired it to my dome light so that it comes on when the doors are unlocked or open.

I also wanted the option to turn them on when the dome light was off.

I pondered this for a day or two and finally came up with this.

In the first picture you can see I wired to the dome light.

I decided to wire a switch to the lights....but how to make them work with both the dome light and the switch. Well I installed a switch in the center counsel.

I then taped the positive wires from the Footwell lighting and took them to the input on the switch. I also taped the ground from the lighting at took that wire to the switch as well.

I then took a positive lead from the fuse box to the input on the switch.

The result is a success. The lights come on with the door open, unlock button pushed and with the dome light switch. With a simple flick of the switch I installed the lights stay on until I turn them off.

Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote