Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Kingdipsy
KingDipsy

Drives: 08 BMW 550i, IOM SS/RS order
Dealer Allocation Question

To anyone with knowledge of how the dealer allocation system works, perhaps you could help me interpret what my dealer is telling me.

Currently, I am #17 on a list to order a car (out of 30). I gather this means that the dealer has no current allocations, so he is merely keeping tabs on people who want to order and when he obtains an allocation he will pull the next name from that list. (please correct me if I'm wrong here).

So, my question is: The dealer is not able to effectively able to communicate when I will be able to order the car. When I try to get this answer, I seem to get "uhh, depends on when we get the next batch of allocations" or "next month we may get three allocations"...and so on.

Lately, I'm thinking he may be done with his allocations for 2009. Could this be true. If so, when will GM dispense the allocations for the 2010 model year?

I'm trying to decide whether I should find another dealer or simply wait until this pans out. I don't need the car until November, since that is when my current lease is up. I can take delivery of the car sooner, I just don't want to be going into October with no build order
Kingdipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
find another dealer, if your #17 your not going to get your car by November.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
There was a post on here I read earlier with a dealer that could take orders today with immediate allocation. If your 17th with no allocation even if they get a few each week you could have several months wait till your order takes first step.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Here's the link. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33476
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
BoomerandBoozer

Drives: G35, had '87 & '93 Z28
Not sure where in Jersey your from, but don't be afraid to look around, call Dave from Wigder, seems straight up and will give you a definitive answer. Or call Tony from Malouf, I ordered from him, has been straight up so far, ordered early June, have a TPW of next week, he will tell you if he has an allocation or not. Can't 100% vouch until I get my car, but got MSRP in writing and everything smooth so far.

As far as allocations, your gonna get a ton of answers, most with more questions than answers because the answer is - it depends. But your dealer should be able to give you a straight up answer on whether he has the allocation or not.

Again, if I get built next week, figure 3 weeks to deliver, so I get end of August. I ordered early June, Tony indicated that he didn't have an allocation yet, but was getting 3 in a couple of weeks, sure enough, he placed the order by the end of June, so figure I will be waiting 8 weeks from time they placed the order.

Doesn't seem like anyone in Jersey should be waiting on getting their order placed, plenty of dealers have allocations available and if your firm, you should be able to get msrp.

Good Luck
BoomerandBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdipsy View Post
To anyone with knowledge of how the dealer allocation system works, perhaps you could help me interpret what my dealer is telling me.

Currently, I am #17 on a list to order a car (out of 30). I gather this means that the dealer has no current allocations, so he is merely keeping tabs on people who want to order and when he obtains an allocation he will pull the next name from that list. (please correct me if I'm wrong here).

So, my question is: The dealer is not able to effectively able to communicate when I will be able to order the car. When I try to get this answer, I seem to get "uhh, depends on when we get the next batch of allocations" or "next month we may get three allocations"...and so on.

Lately, I'm thinking he may be done with his allocations for 2009. Could this be true. If so, when will GM dispense the allocations for the 2010 model year?

I'm trying to decide whether I should find another dealer or simply wait until this pans out. I don't need the car until November, since that is when my current lease is up. I can take delivery of the car sooner, I just don't want to be going into October with no build order

Yes, dealer has 17 orders waiting for allocations. Say your dealer get 2 allocations next week, orders 1 and 2 will get grabbed and accepted by GM. Then wait for the next round. So, you stand to months...all depends on how many allocations your dealer gets. Dealer probably don't want to guesstimate. I can understand that. If you don't need the car til November, you probably can just stick with that dealer. If your order hasn't moved by then, I doubt you will have a problem finding a Camaro in a dealer lot at that time.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Faulkner

Drives: 2500HD 2016 Z06
Your dealer knows what his allocation is and when he will receive them. After his allocation is filled it goes to turn and earn. This means when he delivers a car he will earn another allocation. Unless his GM rep increases his allocation this is how things work. Hope this helps.
Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
so when a car is 'allocated' to a dealer they can then place the order correct? At what point will they get the build date after the order is placed?
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #9
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
so when a car is 'allocated' to a dealer they can then place the order correct? At what point will they get the build date after the order is placed?

The order can be placed any time but it doesn't move until the dealer receives allocation for the order. When an order gets entered in the system, you get an order number. Lately, members have been getting TPWs when they hit event code 3000.

Do some work yourself and type "allocation" in the search field and you will learn a ton and get all your questions answered.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
Kingdipsy
KingDipsy

Drives: 08 BMW 550i, IOM SS/RS order
Thanks Guys
Kingdipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #11
jrmurphy33
CamaroTracking.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Send a message via MSN to jrmurphy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
I believe it is every Thursday when they get allocations.

2SS/RS M6 Black, Aluminum Polished
Order: NFTBZQ.

1100 = Order Placed at Dealership 14 OCT 2008 Order changed 11/25/2008 - Allocation 4/4.
DELIVERED 7/31/2009

jrmurphy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #12
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdari View Post
The order can be placed any time but it doesn't move until the dealer receives allocation for the order. When an order gets entered in the system, you get an order number. Lately, members have been getting TPWs when they hit event code 3000.
So they probably haven't been allocated one yet and are presuming to get a build date this Thursday and more yet are quite optimistic to think that they will have one on the lot in 4 weeks...
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
from my understanding... dealers get only like 2-3 allocations at a time... and many of them get them maybe 1 or 2 times per month .... at max tahts 6 cars per month... at number 17 ur lookin at like 3 months + build time + inspection and shipping time... id find another dealer where you can be lower on teh order list if i were u