Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Arrow Canadian Question

#1 OK I was at my dealer today just checkin how things were going (New news, etc.) And we were BSing about stuff. Topic of colors came around, and he said that in Canada, SS cars don't have the option of coming in Blue. Says GM canada and GM US are 2 different entities with different decisions.

Not that I care, cause I am getting IOM, but I was just wondering if any of my Canuck bretheren can prove my salesguy wrong.

#2 Have any Canadian prices been relesed on options such as: Cold Air Intake, Shift Kit, Ground Effects Package, Colored Engine Covers, Etc.?

All I can find is references to US prices, and my salesman says he does not know them yet.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
I don't have an answer for you, but that would make about as much sense as a football bat.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Are there any Canadian salesman on this forum or anything maybe, or some Canadian customers who have ordered blue? Just curious
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
camarorick

Drives: .
I tried to switch to IBM too, but got word back from the dealer that he couldn't ( they even contacted GM Canada).

In the end, I'm going to stay with SIM, after seeing IBM in real life , I find it's too dark....

Totally retarded how thing work here, I feel like we're in a third world country sometimes !!!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
That might be true in the old days when the cars were made in both counties. The car is painted BLUE here ...it will be available in Canada. We too have WAY TO MANY salesmen who want to appear all knowing but are really 6 weeks behind. I am not going to waste my guys time with a non problem.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I feel like were being jipped living in Canada, has anyone gotten a order number? a letter? I oredered the first day and i havent gotten an order number, my dealer wont even tell me his allocation, he let it slip that it was 6, and that he had 7 order, then he said he was joking nd that he didnt know, he is a good salesman, i was first to order, but there were two people before me with deposits in the summer so they get the first two or something like that, so technically im #3, but anyways my salesman told me to expect my car anywhere beteween march, april or beginning may, no later. The dealers in Canada really have no clue on things like those of whom are in the states, there are exceptions but for the most part, there arent, im sure Blue will be available, i think my dealer told me that it was available now.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I feel like were being jipped living in Canada, has anyone gotten a order number? a letter? I oredered the first day and i havent gotten an order number, my dealer wont even tell me his allocation, he let it slip that it was 6, and that he had 7 order, then he said he was joking nd that he didnt know, he is a good salesman, i was first to order, but there were two people before me with deposits in the summer so they get the first two or something like that, so technically im #3, but anyways my salesman told me to expect my car anywhere beteween march, april or beginning may, no later. The dealers in Canada really have no clue on things like those of whom are in the states, there are exceptions but for the most part, there arent, im sure Blue will be available, i think my dealer told me that it was available now.
I hear ya !

I did get my order number, and a copy of the workbench... The workbench will have the alpha/numeric order number, your options, and most importantly your name. You should insist that your dealer supply you with a copy !!!

I haven't received any thank you letters, but then again, I don't think anyone in Canada has !!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
I hear ya !

I did get my order number, and a copy of the workbench... The workbench will have the alpha/numeric order number, your options, and most importantly your name. You should insist that your dealer supply you with a copy !!!

I haven't received any thank you letters, but then again, I don't think anyone in Canada has !!
I dont think i got the workbench, i have a package that tells me everything i ordered, it says GM AutoBook Data Verisan, im pissed, i got to go back to the dealer now, atleast this package shows that i ordered on the first day. I wonder when everyone will get their letters, would be a nice letter to frame and keep it in the garage next to the Camaro. Thanks for the reply
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, colors, price