Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-11-2022, 02:12 PM   #1
simon777

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Help: Wideband 12V power source?

I'm installing an AEM 30-0334 and wanted to verify where to fuse tap for power. I was originally thinking F17 or F18 using the in cabin driver's side fuse box which is what AEM used in their example video on Youtube, but have a concern if anyone can help me with this.

I've read that damage to a wideband sensor can potentially occur if the key is on and the engine is off for an extended period of time which can supposedly cause thermal shock when you go to start the car with the recommendation to tap into a 12V source that is only powered when the engine is running to prevent this.

I don't see such a source on the in cabin fuse box, but somone on the forums here says there exists such a source in the engine fuse box.

Is this enough of a concern that I need to run a power wire all the way to the engine fuse box?

I occasionally run my radio with the engine off so I don't want to damage a sensor if this is a real issue. If it is, I'm wondering why AEM demonstrated fuse tapping off a key on source that is still powered if the engine is not running.
simon777 is offline   Reply With Quote