Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 04-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
CAMARO NEEDED FOR DROP COIL INSTALL IN SF BAY AREA

I am the technical guy for Pedders USA. I am also responsible for training and writing all of our manuals.

I write a lot of manuals for DIY guys on a regular basis and am in the process of doing this for Camaros. When I do, I often will do it in my driveway, to further simulate the additional challenges a DIY job often experiences.

I am looking for Camaros that would like to have me do some partial Pedders installs. I live in Livermore, Ca. The purpose is to do an install, and document it with photos, to make a step by step manuals for the Camaro community.

Here is what I will need and what the costs will be.
COMPLETED. NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE
1. Pedders Drop Coils
s CAMARO DROP COILS
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 657mm $92.31
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 657mm $92.31
220033 Camaro 2009 Rear Drop Coils & Ride Height with 20" Wheels at 660mm $92.31
220033 Camaro 2009 Rear Drop Coils & Ride Height with 20" Wheels at 660mm $92.31
SUB TOTAL $369.24
SHIPPING $33.23
TOTAL $402.47
total with Misc. expenses is $500
NORMAL RETAIL FOR BAY AREA WOULD BE ABOUT $800-$825

You will be responsible for getting your own alignment after completion
COMPLETED, NOT AVAILABLE ANY MORE

2. Pedders Rear Subframe Insert Bushings
EP1200 Zeta II Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit 255.88
Shipping $23.03
PARTS TOTAL $278.91
MISC EXPENSE $51.09
GRAND TOTAL $330.00
NORMAL RETAIL FOR BAY AREA WOULD BE AROUDN $410

COMPLETED, NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE
3. FRONT PEDDERS RADIUS ROD SNUBBERS

EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new) $78.27
SHIPPING $7.04
SUB TOTAL $85.31
MISC EXPENSE $29.69
TOTAL $115.00
NORMAL SHOP INSTALL PRICE $210.31

If you are interested, please contact me off the threads.

SWAY BARS STILL AVAILABLE

PLEASE NOTE: JUST ADDED SWAY BARS

CAMAROSOLUTIONB 27MM FR. & REAR BARS WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. $599.99
shipping $54.00
Sub total $653.99
Misc Expense $126.01
TOTAL INSTALL $780.00
NORMAL SHOP INSTALL PRICE $1,028.99

The sway bars will include front and rear bars, and all 4 adjustable HD end links. Will probably not be able to get this installed until early June. I want to wait for our new machine mandrel bend units and not the hand built ones we are installing currently. this is more to do with having the bars look like the ones we will be installing rather than using a hand built unit that will look different but still have the performance.

thanks

mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 04-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Jay2SS109
Redemption

Drives: .

Last edited by Jay2SS109; 06-25-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Jay2SS109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
DAMNIT. I am gone for one day...

PM sent.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Well this did not last long!.
the bushings and coil spring units have been filled.

I have added front and rear sway bars to the list. this one has not been spoken for yet

thanks

mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 04-11-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Front and rear sway bars have been added to the list. So looking for another install manual for our Solution B sway bars!

Info added to the first post about them

thanks
mike
dms
Old 04-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
DAMNIT. I am gone for one day...

PM sent.
What were you interested in?

mike
dms
Old 04-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Info@PeddersUSA.com

I am curious. What are the issues that all of you are thinking about that concerns you about suspension upgrades. It is interesting. Guys will have no problems spending $3k to $7K on engine work, but have so many issues with doing basic suspension upgrades.

Any thoughts?

thanks
mike
dms
Old 04-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
I am curious. What are the issues that all of you are thinking about that concerns you about suspension upgrades. It is interesting. Guys will have no problems spending $3k to $7K on engine work, but have so many issues with doing basic suspension upgrades.

Any thoughts?

thanks
mike
dms
I think a major reason is the majority does not do the type of driving that would benefit from suspension upgrades.

People want to feel like their getting their moneys worth, so when you slap on that set of headers/intake/heads/cam/SC/turbo etc. and it sounds great and you can feel the power difference, you are getting the feeling of worth and everytime you push that pedal you feel it again

JMO

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I feel like I'm being a broken record, but my reasoning is that I have very little money left after what I paid initially for the car. Had I money coming out my ears, I'd have a completed car.

I'm interested in the bushings/radius rod snubbers as I stated in my pm to you. =)

My concerns are that I have the power, now I need to be able to put it to the ground effectively. I have no concerns about spending money on suspension otherwise, but I think 90% of the people looking into suspension are the people jeanius is talking about and would be fine with just drop srpings for the looks.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

It is really interesting that guys will spend $5k to $7k average on major engine work, then complain they cannot hook up or cannot put all the power down.

Camaro owners should stop thinking about their hormones and think logically about efficiency. What good is it to have 600hp at the rear wheels, when your current OE suspension can only truly put down in real life and real world about 350-375hp?

I have been preaching for years to think of rear hp as true functional rear hpl The Camaro is not very efficient in the transfer of hp, and especially when the hp has been pumped up. There is far too much looseness in the back end to be seriously efficient with engine mods.

So when you are building your engine mods, you need to figure in to your budget, the upgrading of your suspension to be able to put down the hp that you paid soooooo much money for

mike
dms
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
It is really interesting that guys will spend $5k to $7k average on major engine work, then complain they cannot hook up or cannot put all the power down.

Camaro owners should stop thinking about their hormones and think logically about efficiency. What good is it to have 600hp at the rear wheels, when your current OE suspension can only truly put down in real life and real world about 350-375hp?

I have been preaching for years to think of rear hp as true functional rear hpl The Camaro is not very efficient in the transfer of hp, and especially when the hp has been pumped up. There is far too much looseness in the back end to be seriously efficient with engine mods.

So when you are building your engine mods, you need to figure in to your budget, the upgrading of your suspension to be able to put down the hp that you paid soooooo much money for

mike
dms

So Mike, what would you say are some absolute critical components to upgrade for a bolt on Camaro, without having to pull out a loan?

Another thought, Most people dont know exactly what each suspension piece will do for them, so education would probably make a big difference

Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #12
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
So Mike, what would you say are some absolute critical components to upgrade for a bolt on Camaro, without having to pull out a loan?
I would say you need to lower the center of gravity, support the front radius rod bushings, reduce rear cradle and differential movements. and eliminate excess movement all the components of the rear end assy.

Adding spring rates and and damping rates is a major advantage

mike
dms
Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #13
Jeanius

Quote:
Another thought, Most people dont know exactly what each suspension piece will do for them, so education would probably make a big difference
I added this later, dont know if you saw it

Also something else, why is it that you guys dont offer Trailing Arms/Toe Rods/LCA', only the bushings?

Last edited by Jeanius; 04-12-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #14
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
I added this later, dont know if you saw it

Also something else, why is it that you guys dont offer Trailing Arms/Toe Rods/LCA', only the bushings?
We have explained this many times and the answerrs will piss some people off.

The Camaro is a seriously stoutly Zeta II platform. The upgrades needed are for the bushings and not the hardware. The hardware is perfectly capable of controlling movement. The OE bushings are not.

mike
dms