Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-13-2011, 05:13 AM   #99
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoole38 View Post
There will always be something faster eventually. The Camaro just looks so much better than a Mustang (or a Corvette for that matter). IMHO
...my sentiments exactly!
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #100
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...my sentiments exactly!
+2!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #101
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
I agree, There will always be something faster. And as for production cars go. I'll still go for a Camaro.. There is ALWAYS something that could be modified and added on to make it badder.

Same as a mustang, always something that can be changed.

And none of us will truely know what happens between these cars until they're both out duking it out. GM most likely has something up their sleeve that we do not know yet.

As for "The Pill" being on here. He may drive a Mustang, but he respects us Camaro owners and gives us good information. So thumbs up to you.

And the Z-28 is going to be a reality in some way,shape or form. But for now..ZL-1.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #102
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvincent4708 View Post
I agree, There will always be something faster. And as for production cars go. I'll still go for a Camaro.. There is ALWAYS something that could be modified and added on to make it badder.

Same as a mustang, always something that can be changed.

And none of us will truely know what happens between these cars until they're both out duking it out. GM most likely has something up their sleeve that we do not know yet.

As for "The Pill" being on here. He may drive a Mustang, but he respects us Camaro owners and gives us good information. So thumbs up to you.

And the Z-28 is going to be a reality in some way,shape or form. But for now..ZL-1.
I completely agree. GM isn't going to give us ALL the information until it's ready to be ordered. Horsepower is exactly one of those. It's my opinion that number probably sells more cars in this segment than just about any other fact to an individual who's not bias, like me. Even if Ford's Pony has 650 when I buy, I'll still "settle" for 580, or whatever the number turns out to be. I'm not sure what else GM could have less to offer us, though, in terms of performance, but I'm all for getting as much for my dollar as possible, performance related or not.

As far as the member you mentioned, it's all a matter of perspective, IMVHO. Though I valued many of his posts and topics, I always seemed to find a possible motive behind them that didn't always feel like they were pro-CAMARO. CAMARO IS the basis of this site, so...

I'm still pulling for Z28. I'm affraid the longer it takes, the less likely we'll see it this generation. With the next generation probably only a little more than a few years away, I'm not sure there's enough time for it. I hope I'm wrong, though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #103
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
As far as the member you mentioned, it's all a matter of perspective, IMVHO. Though I valued many of his posts and topics, I always seemed to find a possible motive behind them that didn't always feel like they were pro-CAMARO. CAMARO IS the basis of this site, so...
Perception is reality they say... +1
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #104
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Perception is reality they say... +1
I perceive your '73 to be a bad @$$-looking CAMARO

I still don't think that even if GM doesn't match BOSS, that it's the end of CAMARO, as the OP suggests. It good for bragging rights, but sales show how much CAMARO is liked right now, and so long as GM still finds ways to keep the general public interested, CAMARO can still be a success, as it is now. A car doesn't have to be the fastest to sell the best or even be profitable.

Judging by the way we hear TEAM CAMARO is nearly fanatical as many of us, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. If the ends justify the means, we'll get what we're looking for.

JMHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #105
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
I perceive your '73 to be a bad @$$-looking CAMARO
Thank you Radz,....thank you very much...!

Quote:
Judging by the way we hear TEAM CAMARO is nearly fanatical as many of us, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. If the ends justify the means, we'll get what we're looking for.

JMHO.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #106
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Very interesting thread here. A couple of points that I either missed or were not mentioned were tires and track temps. The goodyear runflats are like bricks. I'm not aware of what tires the Z06 in question was wearing but its worth mentioning. I know with a C4 corvette(capable of 115mph trap speeds) I could beat much faster cars on autox or track days just by having hoosier R6 tires. Good rubber can make you a hero.
Insurance is cheaper on vettes than F bodies or mustangs. At least that has been my experience as well as for the people in the circles I run in.

I 'get' what Ford did with the Boss and I like it. I wish GM would do the same. Untill then I'll just have to resort to modding the car myself. That, or buy a another C4 corvette and make a track day car out of it.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #107
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Very interesting thread here. A couple of points that I either missed or were not mentioned were tires and track temps. The goodyear runflats are like bricks. I'm not aware of what tires the Z06 in question was wearing but its worth mentioning. I know with a C4 corvette(capable of 115mph trap speeds) I could beat much faster cars on autox or track days just by having hoosier R6 tires. Good rubber can make you a hero.
Insurance is cheaper on vettes than F bodies or mustangs. At least that has been my experience as well as for the people in the circles I run in.

I 'get' what Ford did with the Boss and I like it. I wish GM would do the same. Untill then I'll just have to resort to modding the car myself. That, or buy a another C4 corvette and make a track day car out of it.
C6 Z0's are running non-run-flats, I believe; there's a can of fix-a-flat. I believe that will continue on with Z28.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #108
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
I know the Z06 uses the goodyear supercar tires from the factory, I wonder what the boss had?
Put em both on a set of R6 hoosiers and let em eat. Then see what times they turn in would be my suggestion.
Either way its just an observation.

The weight of the 5th gen needs to be addressed first and foremost, Z28 or not(imo). I'd like to see it under 3600 but I'm not sure thats possible right now. That said, I think GM did a great job with the balance in the 5th gen in regards to handling and DD characteristics. It'll prob be next year before I put mine on a road course but I'm looking forward to it.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #109
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I know the Z06 uses the goodyear supercar tires from the factory, I wonder what the boss had?
Put em both on a set of R6 hoosiers and let em eat. Then see what times they turn in would be my suggestion.
Either way its just an observation.

The weight of the 5th gen needs to be addressed first and foremost, Z28 or not(imo). I'd like to see it under 3600 but I'm not sure thats possible right now. That said, I think GM did a great job with the balance in the 5th gen in regards to handling and DD characteristics. It'll prob be next year before I put mine on a road course but I'm looking forward to it.
don't expect any major weight savings until the 6th gen. zeta just weights a lot.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #110
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
There's been mention it won't be any where near major.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #111
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Speaking of rubber, the latest "Clash of the Titans" from Tire Rack:

http://view.email.tirerack.com/?j=fe...&jb=ffcf14&ju=
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote