Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
bigralph

Drives: 2001 v6 Camaro
New Edelbrock supercharger for the Mustang

I know is for the Mustang, but if start calling edelbrock to build it they will come.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...46L_204957.htm
bigralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
why is this in the Camaro section
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
looks to be in the "other cars" section to me...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
my bad. damn Mary jane.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If they make one for the Camaro I'd jump on it for sure. Looks great, and no offense to the magnacharger people but it doesn't have that transfer shaft either!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
That does look like a pretty sweet design... It looks taller than the maggy to me though.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #7
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Did he say 465HP for the 2055-2009 Mustang GT?? Imagine what they can do with 422HP standard on the Camaro SS... A 6 grand upgrade would make a 31 grand SS into a 37 grand killer Camaro which would be very competitive against a Corvette Z06 and a Mustang GT500 for a whole lot cheaper..
Old 12-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #8
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
/palmface

Did he really just say that "more boost = more power" is a misnomer? Yeah, if you're an idiot and you design a bottleneck in your system that restricts air, therefore raises pressure, then you are correct, the boost you see would not mean power. BUT assuming two exact systems are side-by-side, and one is running more boost than the other, it is making more power than the other.

Other than that, neat stuff. I'm a fan of Edelbrock (which is to say they've never burned me before) so I'm happy for them. Very clean install and that is a big plus to me.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
/palmface

Did he really just say that "more boost = more power" is a misnomer? Yeah, if you're an idiot and you design a bottleneck in your system that restricts air, therefore raises pressure, then you are correct, the boost you see would not mean power. BUT assuming two exact systems are side-by-side, and one is running more boost than the other, it is making more power than the other.

Other than that, neat stuff. I'm a fan of Edelbrock (which is to say they've never burned me before) so I'm happy for them. Very clean install and that is a big plus to me.
Yeah - if you weld the valves shut you'll get a lot of boost... That's a cool looking supercharger but it looks really heavy. I like the idea of the huge intercooler but those long runners, I'm sure, add significant weight. It's more-or-less the same design as GM's 6.2 superchargers, except they look cooler. I didn't quite catch if that 460-whatever horsepower was at the wheels or crank though. I imagine crank because I don't think they really made a comment on it, and if that's the case, that's not too bad, but it isn't great. That'd only be like 400+ at the tire if that's the case. I think Magnusun has a 6 lb. kit for the G8 that' put 450+ to the tire that was getting CARB certification so Edelbrock's claims aren't Earth-shattering to me. It would be great to see what they could do for Camaro though, because I really do like how it looks and all the attention to detail they seemed to put into it, despite it looking like it weighs as much as the engine...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #10
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
It's all aluminum, so I can't imagine it adds more than 20 lbs....maybe 30 at most?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
/palmface

i think he meant in general - like if somebody just looked at two systems and said this has 5psi & this has 7psi... i'll go with 7. that said, i think this is a nice system and should be promising if it can do that to a mustang. i mean that's 155% of it's original power. if they could pull off that kind of efficiency for the camaro, we should be looking at 650hp at the crank (i know that ain't realistic, but it's nice to wish!)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote