Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #7127
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Can someone try to rationalize why it's okay to be biased towards the Mustang on a Camaro site...but not okay to be biased towards the Camaro? That's a rhetorical question...

It will never cease to amaze me how many supposed "Camaro enthusiasts" flock to the side of Ford at the smallest hint of an advantage in one area or another...especially when facts and logic would lead someone who spent a moment thinking to a different conclusion.

I wonder sometimes, given the Camaro's splash, and rampant success in this 5th generation, have our ranks been flooded with the sort of people who are looking for nothing other than the next best thing? That would make me a little sad..
The next best thing is the ZL1. If that's not good enough for them there's the Z06 and then the ZR1. Most have not experienced a 500+ HP ride and they would crap themselves if they could afford it.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #7128
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Can someone try to rationalize why it's okay to be biased towards the Mustang on a Camaro site...but not okay to be biased towards the Camaro? That's a rhetorical question...

It will never cease to amaze me how many supposed "Camaro enthusiasts" flock to the side of Ford at the smallest hint of an advantage in one area or another...especially when facts and logic would lead someone who spent a moment thinking to a different conclusion.

I wonder sometimes, given the Camaro's splash, and rampant success in this 5th generation, have our ranks been flooded with the sort of people who are looking for nothing other than the next best thing? That would make me a little sad..
I blame it all on your generation

Generation Y does have some of the characteristics you describe. They have been 'trained' to want the newest and latest iAnthything and the Millennials are not far behind. The Ms may be the most educated group of people any time or any where. Aside from Apple I think they are far less likely to be brand loyal. When was the last time you saw a bumper sticker that read: I would rather walk than ride in a Ford?

Fortunately, there are a few like you and have a Bow Tie, MOPAR or even the Oval that will keep the faith.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #7129
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I really don't like my generation....

I'm reading people sing GT500 praises for no real reason at all. There are no factual data points to stand on...and yet they sing...

I guess I'll just have to chop off their ankles with the sharp front end of my car when I get it.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #7130
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

I'm reading people sing GT500 praises for no real reason at all. There are no factual data points to stand on...and yet they sing...

I guess I'll just have to chop off their ankles with the sharp front end of my car when I get it.
If it is new, it must be better. The 50's and 60's started it all with New and Improved
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #7131
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:

They run off at the mouth because it's in their nature to do so.

That reminds me of a bird that irritated my father-in-law by singing at the first hint of light every morning right outside his window. After a while he finally decided to do something about it & took a pellet rifle to the bird - but he missed and only shot off one leg.

Thereafter the bird would be heard every morning at first light, singing, without a leg to stand on.

It was his nature.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #7132
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
They run off at the mouth because it's in their nature to do so.

That reminds me of a bird that irritated my father-in-law by singing at the first hint of light every morning right outside his window. After a while he finally decided to do something about it & took a pellet rifle to the bird - but he missed and only shot off one leg.

Thereafter the bird would be heard every morning at first light, singing, without a leg to stand on.

It was his nature.
Scarrzz yer killin me! LOL
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #7133
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Details are starting to emerge regarding the Gen-5 Small Block...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185227
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #7134
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

Most of the people here don't give two ****s about GM or Chevrolet. All they want is the newest thing out there. Just look at the General Discussion section, constantly *****ing about the new steering wheel, new engines, better features on newer cars, slapping a ZL1 fascia on an SS (ironically enough, I remember some V6 owners getting a lot of sh*t for installing SS fascias on their V6 cars)...once GM changes something that makes a newer model year Camaro better in some way than their older 5th gen, it's as if they've been personally offended.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #7135
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Most of the people here don't give two ****s about GM or Chevrolet. All they want is the newest thing out there. Just look at the General Discussion section, constantly *****ing about the new steering wheel, new engines, better features on newer cars, slapping a ZL1 fascia on an SS (ironically enough, I remember some V6 owners getting a lot of sh*t for installing SS fascias on their V6 cars)...once GM changes something that makes a newer model year Camaro better in some way than their older 5th gen, it's as if they've been personally offended.
I, for one, can't stand what Joe's talking about around these parts and is likely to be the biggest reason why I get my privileges removed on a day where I don't feel like reading those comments and probably overreact...

BTW - Joe - I have't replied only because my hand hasn't allowed me to make enough time to set aside

Fen' - you're so right. I'll admit I jumped ship from the 4th Gen to 5th Gen bandwagon as soon as there was confirmation of it's return. I have my reasons, however, honestly, this generation is SO what I've wanted from CAMARO that I'm not even looking forward to the next generation, lol. I almost don't think it's possible for me to like it more, on the whole, as this gen', so it's a good thing CAMARO5 is my home

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #7136
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I feel that's what separates the men from the boys though. I don't see a problem in wanting the latest and greatest products as long as you don't complain to hell and back when something better debuts. Take my mom's Malibu for example. Easily one of the most perfect examples of Old GM mediocrity. It's fuel efficient, it runs well, but it's not very exciting. It has a "good enough" interior and a "good enough" exterior. When GM was showcasing the Malibu nameplate through the years, even they couldn't come up with something good to say about the '04-'07 model.

That being said, I don't feel like I need to complain about the vastly improved '08-'12 Malibu or the stunning '13 Malibu just because we own an older model. That's just business, that's progress, there's always going to be something newer and something better, especially in this industry. The reactions on this site are going to be very amusing to watch once the 6th gen debuts, especially now that GM has a workable RWD sports coupe platform to build a Camaro off of, rather than trying to figure out how to make a full size RWD sedan platform into a coupe.

I think it all goes back to how a good chunk of the current crop of 5th gen Camaro owners are completely and utterly full of themselves, as if they own some high-dollar exotic sports car, whining about how they see two or three other Camaros on the road every day now and how GM should listen to everything they say because they were "early adopters" or some BS like that.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #7137
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I feel that's what separates the men from the boys though. I don't see a problem in wanting the latest and greatest products as long as you don't complain to hell and back when something better debuts. Take my mom's Malibu for example. Easily one of the most perfect examples of Old GM mediocrity. It's fuel efficient, it runs well, but it's not very exciting. It has a "good enough" interior and a "good enough" exterior. When GM was showcasing the Malibu nameplate through the years, even they couldn't come up with something good to say about the '04-'07 model.

That being said, I don't feel like I need to complain about the vastly improved '08-'12 Malibu or the stunning '13 Malibu just because we own an older model. That's just business, that's progress, there's always going to be something newer and something better, especially in this industry. The reactions on this site are going to be very amusing to watch once the 6th gen debuts, especially now that GM has a workable RWD sports coupe platform to build a Camaro off of, rather than trying to figure out how to make a full size RWD sedan platform into a coupe.

I think it all goes back to how a good chunk of the current crop of 5th gen Camaro owners are completely and utterly full of themselves, as if they own some high-dollar exotic sports car, whining about how they see two or three other Camaros on the road every day now and how GM should listen to everything they say because they were "early adopters" or some BS like that.
I approve of this message.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #7138
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I approve of this message.
Umm... ABSOLUTELY!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #7139
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................where is this going?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #7140
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Ummmmmm, YEAH to all of that!!! .....lot's of BS floatin' around, Chevy Rules, other's drool......, oh BTW somebody other than us needs to start checking ID"s at the front door and regulating this web site IMHO ....<uh hemmmm, cough...MOD's....> PC is dead, defend your product...and stand up for what's right. Don't tag the Chevy loyalists here, weed out the trolls...duh.......

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014