Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Kids nowadays are not scared of getting into trouble. Parents can't whip them anymore without being accused of child abuse and the cops just don't seem to care.

This is the damn truth, Anytime I did something I got my ass beat, and it turned me into a very well intentioned child. Hell I am still scared of my father, that guy is 6'5" 350 and can lay a ass whipping.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
In retro-specht I wish I had, I was to much in the zone. Just wanted to finish the rest of my run.
Haha. I would've been like, "Hell yes! Free money!"
Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #31
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Haha. I would've been like, "Hell yes! Free money!"

I think that would have made it better, kind of like a huge slap in their face. Pick the money up and give them the thumbs up!

Although, I was just thinking about sneak attacks while running. I had a bird a few weeks back try to pick me up with its claws on my head. It freaked me out because no one was around me and i had no idea what had did it.

Got the cold chills and everything.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #32
FenwickHockey65

By the way, where in West Chester was this? Probably some loser Lakota kids on summer break.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #33
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
I'd say they need to get a job, but then they'd probably throw half dollars and do more damage.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #34
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
People that do things like that give all motorcyclists a bad rep. Actually there are some motorcycle riders that feel they own the road and they can ride any way they want, cutting between cars at stoplights to get in front of the line for one, another is wizzing through traffic at high speeds weaving between cars. Driving in residential areas doing wheelies. It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone. Both car drivers and motorcycle riders. The term is respect everyone that uses the roadways and everyone will be better off.
Quote:
This area has many bicycle riders and many hill and curves. Lots of times there may be a group of 20 or more bicycles riding together 3 and sometimes 4 wide. Cars will build up behind them and they refuse to get into single file and let the cars pass. This just infuriates the car drivers and makes it more dangerous for everyone.
I try to respect people on bikes or motorcycles when I'm driving, and give them as much room as possible. However, certain bicyclists and motorcyclists (not all, just some) can be just as annoying as jerks in cars.

For example, when they have the entire lane, why do some motorcycles feel the need to ride within an inch of the lines that divide the lanes? And why do certain bicyclists feel that they can just ignore stop lights and stop signs, or ride down the middle of a lane at 1/3 the speed of traffic.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #35
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
I try to respect people on bikes or motorcycles when I'm driving, and give them as much room as possible. However, certain bicyclists and motorcyclists (not all, just some) can be just as annoying as jerks in cars.

For example, when they have the entire lane, why do some motorcycles feel the need to ride within an inch of the lines that divide the lanes? And why do certain bicyclists feel that they can just ignore stop lights and stop signs, or ride down the middle of a lane at 1/3 the speed of traffic.
The motorcycles riding down the center line actually has a reason. One of my high school teachers told me that back when he rode motorcycles, a lot of people who didn't know to do that would hit gravel or whatever on the outer edge of the lane and lose control, especially in a turn. Supposedly the center of the road has less of that stuff.

And none of you can complain about bicycles until you drive a transit bus on a college campus with set timepoints that you must meet or your yearly raise gets docked. When your vehicle is the width of one of the tires on my vehicle, I think you should get the hell out of my way.

I've often told my coworkers that I would love to transfer over to the police department on campus and just ticket bicycles all day for not stopping at red lights or riding around traffic.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
driyac

Quote:
By the way, where in West Chester was this? Probably some loser Lakota kids on summer break.
Off of hamilton-mason between St. Max Church and Heritage grade school.

It probably was- Punk little kids.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #37
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
-the far left side is usually the best riding position since there are no rocks or oil there
-middle usually has a lot of oil and is the most slippery
-far right could have gravel, this is where the 2nd rider would ride if ur in a group
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #38
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Off of hamilton-mason between St. Max Church and Heritage grade school.

It probably was- Punk little kids.
I live on Butler Warren near Tylersville. Usually, at least. Stuck in Columbus for a while.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #39
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
I'd say they need to get a job, but then they'd probably throw half dollars and do more damage.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #40
driyac

Quote:
I live on Butler Warren near Tylersville. Usually, at least. Stuck in Columbus for a while.
Oh awesome! By the way went to moeller don't think fenwick and moe go together...
Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #41
Hammer St. James

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
People that do things like that give all motorcyclists a bad rep. Actually there are some motorcycle riders that feel they own the road and they can ride any way they want, cutting between cars at stoplights to get in front of the line for one, another is wizzing through traffic at high speeds weaving between cars. Driving in residential areas doing wheelies. It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone. Both car drivers and motorcycle riders. The term is respect everyone that uses the roadways and everyone will be better off.
I have a name for these types: Squids.
I'm a rebel. I will not allow anyone to dictate what I do, when I do it, or who I do it with. I feel sorry for those that choose to compromise their goals, dreams, needs, and desires to appease the control of another. I believe in freedom. I am an American.
-HSJ
Hammer St. James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #42
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
im 19 and i agree this new generation (my own) is going to hell.