Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Sick of street racers....

Hey guys, have a 2SS IBM here...

When I am driving, usually at night or early in the morning, a lot of street racers usually try to screw with me. Usually in a hooptie (probably a car worth a thousand dollars).

I am not scared of the speed or crashing, but I really don't feel like getting pulled over and arrested for it. I am a CJ student and plan on a career in some variation of law enforcement and don't feel like jeopardizing that for a stupid race and possibly giving myself a criminal record.

Anyone else feel the same way? I mean I will race at a legal track, but getting sick of the people who go home and jack off to the Fast and the Furious.
tommygun6644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
xA13x

Drives: None
i think dont race if your not comfortable but if its under good conditions why not unleash 426 hp and blow the rice right out of those ricers

Going to go pick up my baby tomorrow 10/10/09

2008 can-am Renegade 500 FOR SALE!!
xA13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Metal Camaro

Drives: The beater
Same thing happens to me lol..thing is...I dont have my Camaro yet. RIght now its a stock Spectra and I get alot of Mustangs messing around with me. I hear its because I look intimidating. I know I do lol but i'd expect it less if I had a faster car....guess thats not the case then. Oh well when I get my Maro both of us will be intimidating and thats fine with me. I refresh to ever race it on a street though...well I take that back if its down the back roads here late at night and all conditions are right....like that guy said...gotta unleash that 426hp sometime...just aslong as the only person's life in danger are the people racing.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
why waste your time and gas showing someone who's not competition?

But were it a mustang or someone who's in for a friendly challenge that you know, then find a secluded place and do it, or as you said, go to a legal track. Keep doing the right thing.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Screw it, race the punks ....
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #6
Camaro_Psycho

Drives: 1981 Chevy Celebrity
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Screw it, race the punks ....
+1
Camaro_Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #7
InfinitR

Drives: Always fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun6644 View Post
I am not scared of the speed or crashing, but I really don't feel like getting pulled over and arrested for it.
Seems like you have those backwards as on the street it is really the safety of others that is most critical. Street races are fun but unfortunately bystanders sometimes get (fatally) tangled up in it when they are just taking their kids home from school or whatever it may be.

Regardless of the car (you never really know what's under the hood), it's always annoying to have someone pester you when you are not interested. Just try to understand that right now it's mostly just that people are facinated by your car.

Like you said, your career is more important.
InfinitR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
if i street race someone, its usually up to like 60 mph or so and im usually winning and then i just hit the brakes and watch them fly hitting like 80-100 as if they just smoked me... but only at like 3am when theres no 1 on the road and everything is empty...

i dont think its worth it at any other time if theres people around so just rev ur engine as if u were going to.... at green light.. accelerate fast for like half a second, and watch them gun it and make a fool of themselves
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #9
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Tell them if they wanna race to meet you at the track. Its not worth something bad possibly happening and getting a ticket or even worse having a wreck. I know I probably sound like your mother but It would suck to get a ticket or wrecking then have your insurance go up just cause a few punks want to show there ass just praying you show them how bad your car is. Well what ever you decide to do be careful and safe!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #10
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Just a word of advice.

Anyone who street races and gets caught or twists their car around something gives the insurance companies justifiable evidence to raise rates even higher. Especially for cars like the Camaro, which personally I think is unfair.

So in a way people that street race ruin it for everyone. Well, at least the ones who get caught. Think about that the next time you open your bill or pull up to a stoplight-- it makes for good motivation to raise a finger and throw and "expletive deleted" their way.
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 AM   #11
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
if i street race someone, its usually up to like 60 mph or so and im usually winning and then i just hit the brakes and watch them fly hitting like 80-100 as if they just smoked me... but only at like 3am when theres no 1 on the road and everything is empty...

i dont think its worth it at any other time if theres people around so just rev ur engine as if u were going to.... at green light.. accelerate fast for like half a second, and watch them gun it and make a fool of themselves

Yeah, exactly. It seems like a game of "chicken" instead of a race, since the idiot won't back down even if he has a slower car. I've gotten the "loser flyby" even though my brakelights clearly came on...
tommygun6644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #12
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Just do what I do when I drive my dad's C6 and will do when I'm in my Camaro once I get it...look at them and laugh. Pisses them off more, especially when you don't race.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #13
GTengineer

Drives: 2004 Z06
Just ignore them and think of how embarrassed you would feel if you get into an accident because you were racing some kid in his Honda.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #14
ALLT4

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Don't street race, rise above it. It doesn't bother me if I let some dork think he gave me the pipes and intimidated me. I race him I look just as silly.

Yeah, TripleB, it pizzes them off to more of an extent if you just laugh and drive off slowly. Ususally they'll try to give you some "lesson" on how wicked their car is right in front of a Cop, into a curb or tree.

Take it to the track, you can find all kinds of people that want to blow your doors off.
ALLT4 is offline   Reply With Quote