Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
1SS vs 2SS Opinions

So I'm trying to narrow down exactly what I want when I finally place my order (still won't be for a little while).

I definitely want the SS, although I haven't decided on the color scheme.

I'm thinking RJT or IBM with white rally stripes or CGM with SIM rallies.

But my real question is, what are everyone's thoughts on the 1SS or 2SS package. Frankly I live (and always will thanks to the Navy) in warmer coastal climates so I don't really need heated seats. I don't really care whether my side mirrors automatically dim or if they're heated. I can order the upgraded sound system separately too so all of these argue for the 1SS.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about cloth seats (only ever owned leather). Plus I'd like the upgraded IOM interior which only comes w/ leather if I recall correctly and, unless they've changed things, we can't just order a leather package. Also, according to the workbooks, you can't get factory stripes with the 1SS which is troubling since I'm fairly positive that I want a set of rallies.

I'm confused, help!

What are ya'lls thoughts?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I have decided 1SS and here is why the leather is not important to me. I honestly am going to eventually put custom fabric into my seats aftermarket when the cloth wears, and the cost will be cheaper than leather. Two the factory stripes are only two colors and for me its not make or break because I am gonna have mine painted on like bumblebee only in a flat black! The only thing that I really desired in the 1SS that the 2SS has is the C&C package, but all things considered price, and actual amenities that I want. The 1SS is more my fit , besides for the money I save I can add an exhaust , CAI, headers and still be cheaper!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Leather holds it value, and will hold up better in the long run. Cloth, I don't care what color it is, get's dirty and takes a lot of upkeep. In my opinion, leather has way more advantages for a little more initial money up front.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
If they offered leather in the 1SS I would be getting a 1SS, but for +$30k it's leather or nothing.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
So I'm trying to narrow down exactly what I want when I finally place my order (still won't be for a little while).

I definitely want the SS, although I haven't decided on the color scheme.

I'm thinking RJT or IBM with white rally stripes or CGM with SIM rallies.

But my real question is, what are everyone's thoughts on the 1SS or 2SS package. Frankly I live (and always will thanks to the Navy) in warmer coastal climates so I don't really need heated seats. I don't really care whether my side mirrors automatically dim or if they're heated. I can order the upgraded sound system separately too so all of these argue for the 1SS.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about cloth seats (only ever owned leather). Plus I'd like the upgraded IOM interior which only comes w/ leather if I recall correctly and, unless they've changed things, we can't just order a leather package. Also, according to the workbooks, you can't get factory stripes with the 1SS which is troubling since I'm fairly positive that I want a set of rallies.

I'm confused, help!

What are ya'lls thoughts?
I am going with the leather only due to the SS embroidery on the head of the seat. Nice little touch there. It would be nice to have it as an option of the 1SS though. They really need to make more options available to the customer as a you chose set up.
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
BLSJDS

Drives: 1987 Corvette
The leather seats & 4 pack console gauges (which I don't believe you can get w/ 1SS), and Boston Acoustics sound system (which I believe you can) were deciding factors for me. None of the other stuff in the 2SS package really mattered.

I could deal with no leather if I could get the 4 pack console gauges and I could deal with no gauges if I could get the leather, but combined, plus the fact that I'd want the upgraded stereo anyway, made me go for the 2SS.

I'd already be spending around $35,000 on the 1SS after all is said and done, why not spend another $3,000 and get everything I want? This will probably be the first and last time I ever order a car like this brand new, and I plan to keep it for a LONG time, so I splurged .
BLSJDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
ArcAngel

ummmm domano68 the 1SS has the embroidery man !!!! look at HeatherR's car!!! Where have you been?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
If they offered leather in the 1SS I would be getting a 1SS, but for +$30k it's leather or nothing.
+1 it's the smell...

but really, I had leather in the Tahoe and absolutely loved it. For me, it's required in the Maro.

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
ArcAngel

Cyndi is that you??? cause if it is your Beautiful!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
I bought the 1SS because the leather really does not do much for me. However, I will miss the 4-pack gauges, and am hoping they become available through GMPP eventually. As my car will never see the cold weather I really don't need the heated seats, but the auto dimming mirrors I have on my Silverado and I will miss them. Bottom line, I bought the car for doing pavement modifications, and only plan on about 3-5 thousand miles per year, so the extra $3K was not justified. I too will put that money in painted stripes, exhaust and CAI.

Long Live Camaro!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
ArcAngel

Steve 4pack will be available as dealer add on on all models!! just to reiterate 1SS will have embroidered seats!!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Steve 4pack will be available as dealer add on on all models!! just to reiterate 1SS will have embroidered seats!!
ArcAngel, I was not aware about being able to get the 4-pack gauges on a 1SS! Are you saying I can add these on the car now before the car is made? Also, on the embroidered seats, am I to understnad this comes on the cloth seats of a car that has the RS package?

Thanks.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
I got the 2SS becuase I know later down the road I will regret not getting the package just like I regreted it when I bought my BMW went for the base model then I wanted to add the parts that came with the upgrade packages it cost thousands of dollars more then if I ordered the car with the parts from the factory. Do it right the first time and it will save you lots of money
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
the question you need to ask yourself is "How bad do I want leather and the IOM interior?"

It has always been my opinion that if you can afford it, dont settle. Get everything you want even if it comes with a few extra perks.