Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-31-2014, 12:42 AM   #169
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
PMJ's 2SS/RS Whipped 416 M6 aka BlackWidow [COTW 6/10/13]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
That's even better with 3.73's, did you try a 4.11 gear? I thought you did? My mistake if not.
I'm thinking of putting the 3.91's in my stock diff untill I can get the HammerHead, I already got the axles installed, just have to change the stubs that go into the diff to use my axles. I was going to go with the ZL1 diff, but I wanted to piece it together.
I broke a axle at the line too, I even got a video (in car) of it I will post when I get home from work.
I love the twin disc Monster clutch, I'm hoping I can slip it a little better then the single. I leave the line at only 2500 RPM, due to stock tires & gears, my average is about a 2.3 without killing it, wheel hop is violent if any better, with the stock low profile tires!
I'm used to an auto at the track so this is a learning experience with me too, but you got a whole lot more POWER then me, I'll get there soon enough!

Here's the video link when I broke an axle-

Here's one spinning 1st-

Here's one of my stock decent runs-

No I never had 4.11. I went from stock 3.45 to my current 3.73 and then to the auto 3.27 for the mile.

That 12.7 was stock? Wow. Best I did stock was low 13.4. Now that was 100 degree summer, but still. It took me long tube headers and drag radials to break 13...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 AM   #170
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
No I never had 4.11. I went from stock 3.45 to my current 3.73 and then to the auto 3.27 for the mile.

That 12.7 was stock? Wow. Best I did stock was low 13.4. Now that was 100 degree summer, but still. It took me long tube headers and drag radials to break 13...
Just bolt on's, LT headers, 3'' exhaust an a CAI, with a dyno tune & I think I had my trailing arms, toe links and sub-frame an diff bushings on it then?
Hardest part is getting my fat car a good 60' with stock gears and tires!
I love the way yours launches! If you did have 4.11's you would probably be spinning, but maybe not with your slicks, but should definitely lower your 60' times, but I know about the mental block of spinning the tires, I have the same problem! It ruins the whole run!.
It was also a cool night an I put 5 gallons of race fuel I think. It seems to get faster when hot lapping it, maybe the AIT's are lower since I'm not sitting in line to long for it to climb and have more timing = more power, I assume.
I'm just going into 4th gear before I pass the line @ 112 mph. Can't wait to get back to the track!
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.

Last edited by 10 2SS/RS 6M; 02-02-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: text/spelling errors
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #171
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Been busy getting ready for the Texas Mile on March 21-23. Returned my RPM transmission back to RPM so correct my 6th gear. Its now a .71...5th is a .86...so the plan is to leave in my 3.73 rear end and run the mile 2nd - 6th...vs. swapping to the stock auto 3.27 and running 1-5. Hope it works...the ZL1 rear is so much stronger.

I dyno'd today at Fast Automotive...937 rwhp. Never got good numbers because kept spinning the tires...even with folks sitting in the trunk...so my torque numbers were low in the mid 800s, but previous torque was into the 900s. I was also around 17# of boost vs. the 18 I see on the track, so I'm guessing I'm around 950 hp & torque on the track...hoping that will get me to 200 mph!!!

I also installed my stoptech slotted rotors and cobalt friction pads. Primarily for road racing and autox, but should help me stop at the mile as well.

I also installed my larger RX chiller. This one is working much better than the original. My IATs are staying around 125 and actually drop with the Meth and Nos spraying through the whipple.

I got a new set of Goodyear Supercar G2 tires (since my ones from October took a beating in a few road race events).

So new wheel alignment and I should be ready to go.

If you live in Houston, check out the guys at Fast Automotive. Great group of guys.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #172
10 2SS/RS 6M

Quote:
Been busy getting ready for the Texas Mile on March 21-23. Returned my RPM transmission back to RPM so correct my 6th gear. Its now a .71...5th is a .86...so the plan is to leave in my 3.73 rear end and run the mile 2nd - 6th...vs. swapping to the stock auto 3.27 and running 1-5. Hope it works...the ZL1 rear is so much stronger.

I dyno'd today at Fast Automotive...937 rwhp. Never got good numbers because kept spinning the tires...even with folks sitting in the trunk...so my torque numbers were low in the mid 800s, but previous torque was into the 900s. I was also around 17# of boost vs. the 18 I see on the track, so I'm guessing I'm around 950 hp & torque on the track...hoping that will get me to 200 mph!!!

I also installed my stoptech slotted rotors and cobalt friction pads. Primarily for road racing and autox, but should help me stop at the mile as well.

I also installed my larger RX chiller. This one is working much better than the original. My IATs are staying around 125 and actually drop with the Meth and Nos spraying through the whipple.

I got a new set of Goodyear Supercar G2 tires (since my ones from October took a beating in a few road race events).

So new wheel alignment and I should be ready to go.

If you live in Houston, check out the guys at Fast Automotive. Great group of guys.
Good luck on the Texas mile, looks like you got it together. With those numbers and upgrades you should get some really good times!
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #173
10 2SS/RS 6M

Quote:
Yes, they are polyurethane bushing mounts, I think prothane is just a short name for them. I have the pfadts I'd sell for $200 if you want to try them first. You could easily resell.
I been having some noise on the let side of engine on hard acceleration- found out my left motor mount went.
Do you still have the phadt motor mount's you removed?
Or I'd like to get the style you have now, the polyurethane mounts. I'd appreciate if you can you provide me where you got them and who makes them, thanks!
SOLD.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #174
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
I been having some noise on the let side of engine on hard acceleration- found out my left motor mount went.
Do you still have the phadt motor mount's you removed?
Or I'd like to get the style you have now, the polyurethane mounts. I'd appreciate if you can you provide me where you got them and who makes them, thanks!
I do still have the pfadt motor mounts. I also have my stock mounts i'll give you...if you want. I bought the prothane mounts used. I did a quick search and looks like you can buy them here http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/. I also bet if you have a favorite sponsor on the forum, you can call them and they'd be able to get them for you.

Let me know if you want to buy the pfadt or if you want me to send you my stock mounts.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #175
10 2SS/RS 6M

Quote:
I do still have the pfadt motor mounts. I also have my stock mounts i'll give you...if you want. I bought the prothane mounts used. I did a quick search and looks like you can buy them here http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/. I also bet if you have a favorite sponsor on the forum, you can call them and they'd be able to get them for you.

Let me know if you want to buy the pfadt or if you want me to send you my stock mounts.
Thanks, I just read your post on the one I posted in the thread. I would definitely buy the pfadt mounts, however it is my daily driver, and I been reading that they do soften up after a little while, but I don't think I want that vibration on a daily driver, did you notice a big difference when changing from the pfadt to the prothane mounts? I like to give the engine some movement so it wont be to harsh on the drivetrain parts as well, but I don't want to deal with that kind of harshness until I get it into track condition, meaning after I do all my mods an it becomes a weekend a track driven car. I think the stock mount are way too cushy, but they do absorb vibration, there's liquid in the stock mounts, gives it that cushy ride. Not good for performance so I really want to stay away from the stock mounts.
I guess if you want to get rid of them for $160.00 I'd do it, but I may do the same thing you did! swap them out with the prothane mounts! so I may just go with them? confused!
SOLD.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #176
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

201.7 MPH at 2014 March Texas Mile

I got it! It was a little bit of a struggle, but finally got my 200 MPH goal...

Now on to a 9s 1/4 with my M6!!!

http://youtu.be/UDQMh55GMt8
Old 03-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #177
10 2SS/RS 6M

Quote:
I got it! It was a little bit of a struggle, but finally got my 200 MPH goal...

Now on to a 9s 1/4 with my M6!!!

http://youtu.be/UDQMh55GMt8
Congrats!

I put the mounts on and did the same thing you did!!!
SOLD.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #178
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

copper in my oil filter... engine coming out... 9s will have to wait, but at least I got my 200mph standing mile

Worst thing about it is I'm not going to make my first c5 fest in May that's 1hr from home...
Old 03-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #179
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Quote:
copper in my oil filter... engine coming out... 9s will have to wait, but at least I got my 200mph standing mile

Worst thing about it is I'm not going to make my first c5 fest in May that's 1hr from home...
What?! Is this why you missed autocross?

Sent from my iPad
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #180
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat 2SS View Post
What?! Is this why you missed autocross?

Sent from my iPad
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com

Yep. That's why. Sucks. I actually just finished putting my car back together and getting it ready for auto cross when I brought my oil filter to my engine builder at 6pm Saturday. And he gave me the bad news and said shut it down.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:27 AM   #181
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Great catching up with you at the fest Pat. Good luck on breaking into the 9s. This build deserves more attention.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #182
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

I enjoyed catching up too. I'll post more info as my new engine build starts to gain momentum. Right now we are still waiting on the new block.

200mph in standing mile down...9s 1/4 in a m6 coming soon...