Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
What's this have to do with "general automotive discussion"?? lol

But to answer your question i have an HTC imagio and it's alright i mean it is my first smart phone but i just can't get a hang of the sloppy touch keypad it plays awesome vids and takes amazingly wonderful pics lol some people say "your phone took those pictures?!" then i say yup but it's ok i would rather have the motorola droid with the slide keypad
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Palm Pre. Great phone, has a huge underground of home brew apps, and its on Sprint 4g network.

I have use this phone since its launch and it is very good.

I am a System engineer, so it fits the bill well
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Palm Pre. Great phone, has a huge underground of home brew apps, and its on Sprint 4g network.

I have use this phone since its launch and it is very good.

I am a System engineer, so it fits the bill well
WRONG.

There are currently NO cellular phones that utilize Sprint's (which isn't even really Sprint's, it's owned by Clearwire, and is also leased by Comcast) 4G network.

The Palm Pre is a CDMA/Ev-DO Rev. A (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDMA2000 )device, and ONLY that. The theoretical maximum data speed on the device is 3.6 mbps.

I will however say that it is a good device, but it has been known to have some build quality issues.

Even if it were a Wi-Max compliant device, there are very few areas with the service.
See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/26/sprint_wimax/
http://www.clear.com/coverage
(The green is states where there is SOME Wi-Max (ie, Sprint 4G) coverage. The list of cities where it's available is below.)

Sprint's 4G network is under serious question right now. Sprint is the only company that will be going with the Wi-Max standard, it appears few device manufacturers are interested in making devices for it, and Sprint relies HEAVILY on roaming, which won't be available on the newer networks. Not only that, but Clear is deploying their Wi-Max network (ie, Sprint's upgrade path) on 2400 mhz spectrum, which penetrates buildings poorly and isn't very expansive, leading to poor coverage for rural areas.

2SS RJT with black rally stripes, RS package, sunroof, painted engine block cover. It's either that or a damned similar 'vert in a few years.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Verizon's decent.

Helps that GM has a corporate discount with them.
Hey Fen...Check they added Sprint and AT&T (Sprint upped theirs to 23%!)
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #19
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Do you know if the Sprint one is for CDMA/iDEN or both? CDMA = Sprint, iDEN = Nextel. Many times the discounts are different. For example Waste Management is 30% on Nextel, 20% on Sprint.

T-Mobile has a 15% student discount, but you can't use that on the contract-free plans.

2SS RJT with black rally stripes, RS package, sunroof, painted engine block cover. It's either that or a damned similar 'vert in a few years.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 AM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Verizon's at 21% off...never was a fan of Sprint, and AT&T still seems expensive.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #21
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
My first couple cell phones were with verizon then I switched to T-Mobile to get the sidekick, but their service sucks so I switched back to verizon. AT&T sucks but the iphone 3GS is worth it. I switched from verizon to AT&T to get the iphone. No phone will beat what the iphone offers with all those apps. Verizon is getting the iphone next year I heard and if it does I will switch back lol.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:27 AM   #22
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
My first couple cell phones were with verizon then I switched to T-Mobile to get the sidekick, but their service sucks so I switched back to verizon. AT&T sucks but the iphone 3GS is worth it. I switched from verizon to AT&T to get the iphone. No phone will beat what the iphone offers with all those apps. Verizon is getting the iphone next year I heard and if it does I will switch back lol.
There are a lot of rumors flying around about it, but I tend to doubt they'll be getting it within the next year.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:39 AM   #23
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
I got a Droid yesterday for work. So far I like it. Bluetooth with the Camaro works great. I am not a tech savy person but this one is easy enough to work with without a thick manual to read. Lots of toys to keep me amused too.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #24
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
First and foremost before deciding on a phone, you really should decide on a carrier. While this may seem kind of silly, it really is good to find out who has the best service in your area, the best phone will do you no good if the service provided in your area is horrible. Talk to your friends and co-workers about their cellular service and find out what problems they have or have not had with their carrier. Once you know the carrier, then make the decision on the phone after that.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let me say that I LOVE AT&T...5-year customer, now...and have had 0 problems with them as a carrier.
(Had to deal with warranty, etc.)

They are price-competitive with the likes of Verizon, but the roll-over minutes is simply fantastic. I have racked upwards of 1000 minutes or so...and I have one of the base-plans (as far as monthly minutes goes). I'm on the phone at least a 30min./day on average, so it's not like I don't use it for a week.

The Iphone is also great. I rag on Apple a LOT, but I do like this product. The only reason I did not buy one on my last renewal, was because I knew there was a higher-capacity model coming out soon, and I also didn't want to pay the mandatory $30/mo. data charge.

I will, however, seriously consider it next year when the contract renewal is up again.

I currently have a touch-screen feature-phone; the Samsung Eternity.

Did I say I love AT&T?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #26
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Let me say that I LOVE AT&T...5-year customer, now...and have had 0 problems with them as a carrier.
(Had to deal with warranty, etc.)

They are price-competitive with the likes of Verizon, but the roll-over minutes is simply fantastic. I have racked upwards of 1000 minutes or so...and I have one of the base-plans (as far as monthly minutes goes). I'm on the phone at least a 30min./day on average, so it's not like I don't use it for a week.

The Iphone is also great. I rag on Apple a LOT, but I do like this product. The only reason I did not buy one on my last renewal, was because I knew there was a higher-capacity model coming out soon, and I also didn't want to pay the mandatory $30/mo. data charge.

I will, however, seriously consider it next year when the contract renewal is up again.

I currently have a touch-screen feature-phone; the Samsung Eternity.

Did I say I love AT&T?

I got the eternity earlier in the summer because i didnt want to pay the 30$/month for the Iphone as well. i will say that it has been a good phone to me so far.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #27
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
The droid on verizon is the most technologically advanced phone on the market right now. i have one and its awesome.

and you simply cant beat verizon's network. hands down
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #28
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Recently picked up a Tilt 2 and love it. Thinner than my old 8525 with a bigger screen.

The Droid has some strange "features", like no backslash on kb, and no standard ports.
TonyNo is offline   Reply With Quote