Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #15
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Don't feel bad I'm getting raped for no reason. I'm 33 with no tickets, til a couple of weeks ago I got one but more then ten years inbetween, no accidents basicly no risk factors at all but I'm paying over 100 a month with american family insurance on a v6. I priced around a while back when am fam raised the rates on my 98 firebird from 65 to 75 per month but all the ones I checked were raping me too and I really don't know why. My credit isn't perfect but still at least in the mid 600's and enough to get financed on a new camaro. I feel really cheated that I'm not paying much less than a male in his early 20's. It is just wrong.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #16
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMROBERT View Post
Sorry for the long post.

Here's my auto insurance mess! I have a 2011 Camaro 2lt purchased on 9-1-10. I've had 21st Century Auto Insurance (formally AIG) for 11 years, without any tickets, accidents, or any other claims. Changed the policy to the Camaro, no problems. These policies are in 6 month durations. So on 3-1-11, received my renewal notice, with no increases or problems. Well here's where it starts:

Renewal for 9-1-11

1 - Received a renewal notice dated 7-26-11 for $347.44.
2 - Received an "Amended" renewal notice dated 8-1-11 for $467.64.
3 - Received an "Amended - Amended" renewal notice dated the same day (8-1-11) for $485.89

After 2 conversations with a "Supervisor", here's their explanation: There "computer" had the wrong calculations because of the VIN number type. So I said it took you almost a year to figure that out. Answer, sorry. They also said there was insuffient data on the car, since it was a new model. I explained that the car has been in production since April of 09 and that there are over 180,000 on the road. No Answer! Finally the last reason was that it was a "high performance" sports car. I said that it was the 6, not the SS with an 8. Answer, doesn't make a difference.

Said they would give me a 3% discount if I paid on-line. LOL, what a joke!
Time to move on to the next insurance company then. That's the worst service i ever heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
Don't feel bad I'm getting raped for no reason. I'm 33 with no tickets, til a couple of weeks ago I got one but more then ten years inbetween, no accidents basicly no risk factors at all but I'm paying over 100 a month with american family insurance on a v6. I priced around a while back when am fam raised the rates on my 98 firebird from 65 to 75 per month but all the ones I checked were raping me too and I really don't know why. My credit isn't perfect but still at least in the mid 600's and enough to get financed on a new camaro. I feel really cheated that I'm not paying much less than a male in his early 20's. It is just wrong.
what? i thought insurrance suppose to go down when you're 25 and older. I'm 22 and paying 100 a month.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #17
koj

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
There are many other rating factors then just driving history. Your age, what your current liability limits are, male or female, married or single, homeowner or rent, garaging location, to name a few. Also, insurance companies have a different rating system when it comes to credit. They do not really care about your credit score, but focus more on debts. Plus, two door coupes, whether a v6 or v8 will rate higher then a sedan.

To the op, all that I mentioned still does not justify what they did to you. Take the advice of some of the others here and shop around. Find a local agent to deal with, who can answer your questions truthfully. The online companies will tell you anything to get you off the phone.
koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #18
syne7

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
You can do USAA if you are a Veteran or family of a Veteran. I just joined USAA last year. I always heard they were good. However, when I got a quote is seemed outrageous vs. Progressive. Apparently they don't like to insure expensive things.
syne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #19
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
USAA gave me a good rate.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
There's definitely something screwy going on with your insurance company.

I sold my 2002 Firehawk and bought a 2010 Callaway Camaro SS and my insurance went DOWN by $150 per year. That might not seem like much, but it's still a savings, not an increase.

I'm with Allstate in Canada and have been with them for close to 30 years.
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #21
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
I pay 124/month with an ss, trailblazer and my chick is on both
purv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Insurance companies are only ONE STEP above Ambalance Chasing Lawyers! gerrrrrrrr
Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #23
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Insurance companies are only ONE STEP above Ambalance Chasing Lawyers! gerrrrrrrr
SirNuke, I thought you liked me :( We're not all bad lol

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #24
Kathie63

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS RS
I have had 21st Century for years, always been good to me. When I hit a deer with my HHR they were there the next day to get an estimate for repairs, and paid for everything (even after market parts, hood ornament, chrome parts, emblems etc), all I had to pay was my $250 deductible. So I can't complain. Unless they up my rates which never happens.

My husband has a 2011 Siverado 1500 and I have the V6 Camaro, our payment for both combined is $104.00 month.

2011 Camaro 2SS RS

Black Stripes w/graphics
Heritage Grille
Splash guards
Embroidered headrests
Show and go license plate bracket
Gill Decals
Kathie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #25
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
If you have great credit and driving history, you can try Wawanesa. They only insure those types of people and their rates are loooooooooooooooow.

USAA can be amazing. I had them for years until I moved to CA, then my rates went through the roof. State Farm's quote was almost 1/2 that of USAA and they have been amazing at paying out on the two hits I've taken. It really pays to compare rates yearly, even if it's a pain in the neck.
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #26
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
SirNuke, I thought you liked me :( We're not all bad lol
not YOU......there are GOOD in all walks of life.....even Insurance
Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #27
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
USAA is the way to go. For insurance, banking, car buying, savings, credit cards, home loans.......everything, lol.
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 AM   #28
MikeGstayUp

Drives: 2013 SS in the future
I will play the bad guy here. I sell and service auto insurance and have been for 4 years.
As it was mentioned there is a lot that goes into creating a rate. To address the OP, rates are not guaranteed and one of the rating factors is the claims experience for that particular type of vehicle. So for example if a new model year is introduced there will not be the claims experience to help determine the rate. As time goes on more claims are put in and the company can adjust the rate based on what they have experienced I.e. Frequency of claims and the payout for each type of claim regardless if you haven't had a claim in your vehicle. Keep in mind this is only one of the factors.
Sorry to hear that your rate increased and that you had to experience that.

Don't take it personal. There are a ton of companies out there. Get as many quotes as you want cause they are free and don't have a negative impact on credit. Just because your buddy got a great rate at XYZ company doesn't mean you will. Everyone has different vehicles, driving habits, coverages, credit, discounts and so on.

I have to pay insurance just like everyone else so I understand the frustration.

Last edited by MikeGstayUp; 08-26-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Typo
MikeGstayUp is offline   Reply With Quote