Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
who knows how to install afterburner taillights?

So i would like to install these with a separate switch so i can turn them on when I want.. can you guys help?
Attached Images

Last edited by A_DILLA; 03-15-2015 at 06:55 PM.
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

All the guys on here that have these and not one reply. Come on folks I'm trying to install them now lol
Old 03-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #3
Maddawg
2018 HBM ZL1 A10

Drives: 2018 HBM A10 ZL1, 2014 AG 2SS 1LE
All u have to do is run a 12 volt wire from battery (fused) to switch then to lights so B+ to switch to lights then just ground the ground wire to chassis......long time no see A-Dilla!!!! Hope all is well
Maddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #4
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
All u have to do is run a 12 volt wire from battery (fused) to switch then to lights so B+ to switch to lights then just ground the ground wire to chassis......long time no see A-Dilla!!!! Hope all is well
Got it thx bro
Old 04-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #5
HEROxTumor

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198914
on this post this has the attached write up from oracle. basically either splice or solder black to black and on my 2012 camaro SS the driver side tail light has yellow, brown and black. brown is the park [normal lights] and the yellow is turn signal, hazards and the brake light aswell. on the passenger side same set up expect instead of yellow the wire was green. On the actuall light bulb cut the inner metal tab on the back side of the light bulb to disable the park light function. so if your driving at night only the ring will light up untill you apply the breaks then the light bulb will come on bright. thats how i did mine. hopes this help i just did mine yesterday
HEROxTumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:47 PM   #6
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
Is it legal to drive like this ? Just curious bc I am planning on doing this .. are the after burners pretty bright at night ?
Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:55 AM   #7
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam63impala View Post
Is it legal to drive like this ? Just curious bc I am planning on doing this .. are the after burners pretty bright at night ?
I have it rigged up so my afterburners are my tail lights and the bulbs only come on for braking and turn signals. They are so bright that it was difficult to see the difference when I used the turn signals. Legally I am not sure as I am not in the US. and I'm pretty sure what I'm running is not legal here. If you are installing them yourself, be really careful when you separate the lens from the housing. It took me long time and I ended up cracking one lens because I got inpatient.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:44 AM   #8
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I have it rigged up so my afterburners are my tail lights and the bulbs only come on for braking and turn signals. They are so bright that it was difficult to see the difference when I used the turn signals. Legally I am not sure as I am not in the US. and I'm pretty sure what I'm running is not legal here. If you are installing them yourself, be really careful when you separate the lens from the housing. It took me long time and I ended up cracking one lens because I got inpatient.
Cool sounds good , thanks ! Did you go with the 2.0 burners ? And did you get plasma or led ? Can't make up my mind !
Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote