Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Where are Pedders coilovers made?

Simple question... where are they made? I couldnt find any info on pedders site.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
They are from Australia. I met a few of them late last year, really good people. Email JusticePete, dms. They will give you good, logical answers backed with data.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
They are from Australia. I met a few of them late last year, really good people. Email JusticePete, dms. They will give you good, logical answers backed with data.

I know the company is founded and based out of Australia, but I'm wondering where the coilovers are made.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
Like I said email JusticePete or dms. My understanding is their products are made in Australia.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
Like I said email JusticePete or dms. My understanding is their products are made in Australia.
I'd rather them post it here. I'm sure others would like to know as well.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
They are made in Australia, they have been building parts for the GTO Zeta platform since its inception. The Gto was developed and built in Aus. as was a lot of the development for the zeta2 which carries our Camaro.
I would not let where their parts are made sway you on a purchase. The Camaro is assembled in Canada, with parts from all over the world including Aus, Mexico, China ect.... Hell the General Motors is as of now owned by the US & Canadian governments, with the bulk of the rest by the Labor unions.
As sad as it sounds, the days of "Buy American" will not get us much anymore, as about 30% of our food is even imported. I don't like it but it is a reality.
At least Aus has always been a good ally to us and shares many of our own conservetive values as a country.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
I'd rather them post it here. I'm sure others would like to know as well.
Why? If you just want the info then pm them unless you have some other agenda?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I smell something fishy in here.

If you Insist on everything you buy being made in the USA, buy someone else's product, because Pedders is AU based and global manufactured.

..... Also be prepared to walk around barefoot and naked.
(Look at the label on your clothes.)

If you're just trying to pick a fight between manufacturers, stop now please.

Know what really surprises me? I've beat on Stanley thermoses for 25 years, (Yes I used one as a hammer once, also had one skip on the pavement at 55 mph) Look on the bottom, it says "made in China" I'll still buy another one.

Quality knows no boundary.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-02-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I smell something fishy in here.

If you Insist on everything you buy being made in the USA, buy someone else's product, because Pedders is AU based and global manufactured.

..... Also be prepared to walk around barefoot and naked.
(Look at the label on your clothes.)

If you're just trying to pick a fight between manufacturers, stop now please.
I said nothing about insisting on buying only USA products. I said nothing that is "fishy". I said nothing to pick a fight between manufacturers.

I only asked a simple question... WHERE ARE THEY MADE?

I could not find any answers on their site. So I figured since the Pedders guys promote their products on here very actively, they would be able to provide a solid answer.

Doesn't EVERYONE have a right to know where a product is made? That is why I posted here. I would like to know and I'm sure others on here would like to know as well.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Then why haven't you PM'd or called them? Between a previous 'jab' from a competitor in another thread, and you insisting they publicly announce where their product is made = fishy.

Considering the comments from other posters, you're the only one that doesn't smell it.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #11
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Then why haven't you PM'd or called them? Between a previous 'jab' from a competitor in another thread, and you insisting they publicly announce where their product is made = fishy.
Previous "jab"?? I don't know what you are talking about there.

And dude, get it straight, I just asked a question. I did not call them out in any way.

I haven't PMed or called b/c like I said earlier, I see the pedders guys on here in every thread where their product is mentioned providing info for everyone to learn more about their product. Why should this thread be different? I have a valid question about their product that I felt others on here might want to know the answer to as well.

You're telling me that it is "fishy" for a potential customer to ask where a company's product is made?

If anything, your posts in this thread have made it sound "fishy"... Like there is something to hide here. I never implied anything like that. I just wanted to know WHERE THEY ARE MADE? This IS an open forum right?? I CAN ask questions right??
Old 05-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
I guess you have a problem with hitting the "About Us" button on the top of the Pedders USA site. Here I will post it for as you seem a little "Fishy" and may have trouble finding it.

http://www.peddersusa.com/aboutUs/5

Now I would suggest dropping the about wanting them to post up. It is very common knowledge where they are made and based out of. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for myself and many others, even the manufactures for the most part put aside the competitor thing to help in any way possible.
Time to go trolling for drama somewhere else!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #13
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I guess you have a problem with hitting the "About Us" button on the top of the Pedders USA site. Here I will post it for as you seem a little "Fishy" and may have trouble finding it.

http://www.peddersusa.com/aboutUs/5

Now I would suggest dropping the about wanting them to post up. It is very common knowledge where they are made and based out of. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for myself and many others, even the manufactures for the most part put aside the competitor thing to help in any way possible.
Time to go trolling for drama somewhere else!
I read all of that. That was the first place I looked. Their wasn't a definitive answer.

Why is this turning into such a heated thread towards me??? I am not trying to hurt pedders reputation or product in any way. I have not mentioned any competitor's name. NOTHING. There is no BS here and no drama on my part.

WHERE ARE THEY MADE? That was my only question.

Just looking for a good solid answer... ya know, like a "MADE IN ____" label on the box or coilover itself.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #14
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
I read all of that. That was the first place I looked. Their wasn't a definitive answer.

Why is this turning into such a heated thread towards me??? I am not trying to hurt pedders reputation or product in any way. I have not mentioned any competitor's name. NOTHING. There is no BS here and no drama on my part.

WHERE ARE THEY MADE? That was my only question.

Just looking for a good solid answer... ya know, like a "MADE IN ____" label on the box or coilover itself.
How come this isn't clear??? They're made in AUSTRALIA. If you've read any of Pete's or DMS's threads where they talk about product availability and development they are quite up front and honest about the fact the stuff comes from Australia.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread