Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
Almost my first Camaro

I'm leaving the story just incase anyone missed it, but this didn't work out. So the title was changed. :bangdesk:

For the past four to five months I've been driving a 2001 convertible Audi TT (red). Initially I didn't want the car, but I was getting the car for free, so I sold my X-Type (paid off my dad's suburban) and took the TT. The car screams woman, and I'm a 19 year old guy - it's been murder. The dates that I've had have all insisted I drive their car instead. Today, a VW Bug was stalled in our college parking lot, I gave her a jump and she thanked me by saying "hey, your car is almost as cute as mine!"

if my ego were a horse

BUT!!! Today I hit up craigslist and did a little searching. Sure enough I found a BEAUTIFUL!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! 1999 Z28 6 speed with T-Tops and a gorgeous grill!!! Exhaust is done up and the sound system is put in. Now I'm sure this car has taken it's beating and has had some abusive owner in the past, but I'm willing to look past it. The front end has a little scratch in it (someone probably backed into it) but it's a nice silver the whole way down.

Anyways I've gotta go clean out my trash can of a car - I'm gonna have a Camaro tommororw

Last edited by Sick; 01-10-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Awesome news! I want pictures
Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Congratulations and welcome to the family!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)

Welcome to the "Camaro" Family!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
Sick

Come tommorrow I'll have some pics - hopefully everything goes smoothly at the dealership but so far we're all green.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Grats bro. I know you've been having personal issues from the lipstick color of your "cute" car. Hope it's a fun toy until the new one shows up. Swing by sometime and leave some rubber on my street.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Holy crap! That sounded like it was fast! Sweet deal, bud and WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!! You are going to LOVE it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #8
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
i agree but sound like a lot of fun
Old 01-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #9
Sick

*sigh*

Well the problem with the TT is there is a leak, so my passenger side floor is completely soaked and leaves a horrible odor. The battery is dying, and the car thinks I stole it, so the radio is locked down to do nothing more than read "safe". I got the approval this morning to do with it what I please from the old man and I worked my magic. Filled him in over the phone and all was good until he got home tonight.

He brought the KBB reports and my TT trade in value is around 10k. The 1999 Camaro trades at 6k. Running the numbers it doesn't make for good towards the 5th gen.

So I'll be selling the TT and buying another beater. In the meantime I'll either save the cash or invest it, but chances are I'm going to use most of it in the repairs I'd have to make on the bucket I'll be driving.

I'm not happy right now considering I won't have a Camaro tommorrow, but I'll be happier later when my downpayment works to lower my monthly payments on the 5th gen.

I just wish he had waited until tommorrow to kick me in the nuts - I've no desire to sleep and I find myself sitting in the same sh!t smelling, no music playing, and ever feminin TT...

:(

I'm gonna go slit my wrists.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

WHAT?!?! Don't do that!

Actually, you're much better off. I know that might sound bad to you right now....BUT...if you really want that 5th Gen, you really might want to put away everything you can. It's probably going to be less than a year until you can pick up a 5th Gen...maybe a week or two over a year, but still....right? Every penny you save now will help you in the long run.

Things like this happen for a reason. That reason is just waiting for you right down the road....and you'll be driving it!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:11 AM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm selling my eclipse for 1g if you want a beater. =P just no A/C heater works great.

oh yeah, and it's auto. =/
Old 01-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Heck...if we're selling cars here!!!>.. I'm selling grandpas 1997 Ford Crown Vicoria. I'll give it to you for $2,900. Sure...it has 352K miles on it. All it needs right now is front ball joints and struts. Everything else on it has been meticulously kept by my grandpa. AC/Heater works just fine. Everything works. In fact, the only thing that has a glitch is the up/down of the drivers side electric mirror. All else works great.

Sure it's a 1,500 mile drive out to Cali....but that won't put a dent in what's already on the odometer!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I would never buy a car that fails my 'cute test'

Anyhoo, now that thats overwith its too bad that you cant get that Camaro. Its probably better that you get something on the cheap if you are saving for a 5th gen.

But this has given me an idea, is there a car buying/selling thread here (besides this one) where members can post what cars they are looking for, or post their car that they are trying to sell. Or would that be classified as spam or (more likely) thought to be abused by potential spammers?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
[KRPT]ECP
Professional Lurker

Drives: '97 LeSabre
maybe make it so you need 10+ posts or something to view it to prevent abuse? I'm not actually all that worried about abuse here. this forum is VERY well maintained.

I'd be more than happy to do some finding of cars for people provided the make/model they want, what geographical area they are in and what price range they're going for (mileage, year, etc also wouldn't hurt). I like looking at cars so this would be no problem for me.

back on topic. that's too bad about the camaro. I had the same problem, found a 95 teal camaro convert with only 38k miles on it and in mint condition with all options for $2,000, but insurance would have killed my chances of saving enough money for the 5th gen.
[KRPT]ECP is offline   Reply With Quote