Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Pictures of lift pad placement

I had been looking around the threads for one that gave a clear description and photos of where to safely put the lift pads to get the car up in the air. My father and I installed a short throw shifter over the weekend and he was asking what the lift points were but I had no definitive answer for him so when he got under there he poked around and using his 40 years + of automotive experience he said "let's try here up front and here in the rear" and right before he hit the button on the lift he looked at me and said "now you're sure you got this car on your insurance policy right??????"

Anyway here are some shots from underneath so folks can use them as a reference. In the rear we put a couple of one inch thick blocks of wood on the lift pad to make sure the arm maintained clearance of the seam under the rockers, this also helped keel the car level since the front pads contacted the unibody at a point that was about an inch lower to the ground than the rear so the block of wood made up the difference. We could have flipped the small side of the lift pad up to make up the difference but there wasn't enough clearance to flip the pad edge up.

The front lift pad position....

The rear position...

One last shot for good measure...

Hope this helps anyone that was unsure where to place the lift pads....

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
thanks! these are very helpful photos.
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Great! I was wondering about that because the Cadillac dealer I used to use ruined pieces under a Catera we had! The brand name dealer...

Seems like anywhere there is level area with holes, dare I say idiot proof?
________
Homemade vaporizers

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 03:30 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! These have to be the clearest and most useful photos for lift points on the Camaro5 site!
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Thanks for posting those photos, we don't have hardly any photos of the under carriage.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub4185 View Post
thanks! these are very helpful photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstockcam View Post
Great! I was wondering about that because the Cadillac dealer I used to use ruined pieces under a Catera we had! The brand name dealer...

Seems like anywhere there is level area with holes, dare I say idiot proof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRedCamaro2 View Post
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! These have to be the clearest and most useful photos for lift points on the Camaro5 site!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Thanks for posting those photos, we don't have hardly any photos of the under carriage.
No problem folks, I take so much from this forum and all the great people here that I figured I had better start finding ways to give back....

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote