Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
UBNZO6D

Drives: ZL1
Bad Bad experience @ Selman Chevrolet

I will preface this by saying that I have bought 4 vehicles since 2009 from Selman, 2 company vehicles (straight purchase) and 2 personal cars from Selman but whenever I buy a personal vehicle and try to trade one in Selman tries to lay me away sortaspeak...The first 2 times I was unhappy and I know that ultimately I approve the deals but I had hope and was told that they would make it up to me on future deals...Well the future is here and this 3rd time I just could not take the run around any more so I killed the deal...
One more thing, on the second deal they had to rewrite the deal the next day as Selman did not charge the price that Chevrolet had promo'd, they missed it by $40 a month...
The 3rd deal was buying a 2012 and I had a 2011 pristine trade in and was given a trade-in dollar figure that I felt was very low @ $19,500......A few days later they bumped up the trade by 2K to $21,500 and I was relatively happy...When the deal was about to be done they dropped the trade to $19,000 and I was very unhappy again...I did not make the deal...I also bought a 2010 Grandsport @ Boardwalk because Selman was not close on the pricing...My salesperson worked his ass off for me but management wants to hit a home run every time on trades...
I am a car whore and buy a lot of cars and I thought I would be taken care a little better for the amount of vehicles I purchase, but apparently not...Anyone else have this sort of thing happen @ Selman...
I was also going to trade (a 4th deal) my 2010 Grandsport for a ZL1, but not now...
Sorry for rambling but I just had to vent..

Greg

Last edited by UBNZO6D; 08-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
UBNZO6D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Never assume the dealer will reward you for your business.
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
I am like you, I am 35 and on my 11th car. Guess I get bored of my cars. Had some real a**holes in my car buying experiences.The best experience I have had at a dealer was from Camino Real Chevy. Very honest and gave more for my trade in than what kkb said it was worth just to make the deal. I will be back to them for sure, I sent my co workers daughter to them and no body else could touch what they offered. She is a proud owner of a 2011 Camaro as well. Give Robb Hernandez a call for the next purchase.

I don't work or get paid by Camino just had a great experience.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Got jerked around by them years ago when I tried to buy a truck from them. I went in there with my offer from Penske in Irvine and they didn't even want to look at it, so I went with the other offer.
I hear lots of good things about Rob at Camino Real. He take care of you.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Sarah at Camino Real took care of me. i'll buy my next Chevy from her for sure.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I'm 46 and have bought more cars(mostly Chevy's) than I can remember from various dealers in So. Cal., but after my last experience with Sean Kerr at Sierra Chevrolet in Monrovia, that is the only Chevy dealer I will buy from.

The dealership is family owned, they don't jack you around with a bunch of sales bs. I'm looking at getting a second car to drive and will likely be leasing a Cruze from him this week, so I can stop having to drive the Camaro everywhere.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I bought a Colorado at Selman. It was quick and easy. I dealt with a online sales guy. So the price was discussed before I got there.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.775451,-118.285013
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Cabrera
Freightrain Coming Ur Way

Drives: V8-1968 & V6-2000 & V6 2010 Camaros
I didn't buy mine from Camino Real, but I would and should have... didn't know actually.... Other place would be O'Donnell in San Gabriel, so far their service is awesome at least, hope their sales agents are good too.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
UBNZO6D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
Got jerked around by them years ago when I tried to buy a truck from them. I went in there with my offer from Penske in Irvine and they didn't even want to look at it, so I went with the other offer.
I hear lots of good things about Rob at Camino Real. He take care of you.

I hear good things about Camino Real, they are close to my office also...Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
I've purchased several cars from Tommy in fleet @ Selman and always an aweome experience.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
UBNZO6D

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
I've purchased several cars from Tommy in fleet @ Selman and always an aweome experience.
And good for you...As stated, it wasn't the salesman, it was the mgmt. team...On straight sales things were great with my guy also...

Greg
Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
UBNZO6D

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I'm 46 and have bought more cars(mostly Chevy's) than I can remember from various dealers in So. Cal., but after my last experience with Sean Kerr at Sierra Chevrolet in Monrovia, that is the only Chevy dealer I will buy from.

The dealership is family owned, they don't jack you around with a bunch of sales bs. I'm looking at getting a second car to drive and will likely be leasing a Cruze from him this week, so I can stop having to drive the Camaro everywhere.
Food for thought, thanks...
Old 08-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
Tom Hagen
Camaro5 SoCal Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm over at Richard Hibbard Chevrolet (Claremont, CA) if anyone needs anything. I come from customer service background before this job so I don't like to jerk people around.
"I'm an attorney for the [SoCal Camaro5] family. These men are private detectives hired to protect [Tribone]. They are licensed to carry firearms. If you interfere you'll have to appear before a judge in the morning and show cause. " - Tom Hagen (The Godfather)
Tom Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hagen View Post
I'm over at Richard Hibbard Chevrolet (Claremont, CA) if anyone needs anything. I come from customer service background before this job so I don't like to jerk people around.
My experiences with Richard Hibbard is they value their stuff a little to much in the last few years. I have bought 2 Camaros there over the years a 92 and 98, but last few times I was there, they were not willing to deal. Customer service is great, but you need to get a deal too. Not to mention they sold a Corvette right out from under me when they knew I was coming to get it on a Saturday, I mean I saw the other people doing the paperwork.

By the way, I just checked a on a Chevy Cruze there, the deal offered was $500 more on the down and $48 month higher on the lease payment per month on exactly the same vehicle from another dealer. $2372 more is susbtantial.