Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Winslow

Drives: Dodge Ram
In regards to AAC footwell lighting

I have looked extensively at the footwell lighting addition by aac and they look a little bright and distracting. I was wondering if anybody had information on if they are able to dim it or whats the deal here?
Winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Dowgg123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
They wouldn't be on when your driving
Dowgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowgg123 View Post
They wouldn't be on when your driving

I drive with mine on at night and have no problems at all
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I have looked extensively at the footwell lighting addition by aac and they look a little bright and distracting. I was wondering if anybody had information on if they are able to dim it or whats the deal here?
A lot of people on here have tapped into the wiring for the dome light so when you turn on the dome light the footwell lighting comes on too. But if you want it dimmable maybe you could tap into ambient lighting?
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Winslow

Yeah... i probably wont get them unless there is some way to dim them and that would definitely require either an elaborate diy or work by a professional im guessing
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I have mine tapped in to the dome light, only on during that time, not while I am driving. If you want some on while you are driving, look into Lizard Lights. I had them on my motorcycle and they are pretty cool. You can add how ever many you want, change the colors etc... If you only had two modules per side, it would probably be dim enough. I almost installed those on my Camaro, kinda wish I had now just to change the colors. Sometimes I want blue, sometimes red - http://www.motorcycle-leds.com/lizard/
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
My Daughter's is connected to a remote. She has 8 different brightness settings.

Pictures and video tend to make the light much more intense than it is in real life.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
I wired mine up to the dome feed. They come on only when the doors are open or the dome light is turned on. I just wanted to be able to see in the vehicle when I entered and there not really that bright. Here's a few pics previously posted...

I thought about red, But since I have the ambient lighting. The blue was the obvious choice...
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #9
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
I wired mine into the doom light and am very happy. They are definately not as bright as they look in all the pictures. I had to set my camera to night mode to get a good shot and that exaggerates the brightness. You need to see them in person.
first one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:55 AM   #10
Winslow

Thanks for the response guys. I will probably end up getting red or blue. Shuffler- how did you get your daughters lights hooked up to a remote?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Thanks for the response guys. I will probably end up getting red or blue. Shuffler- how did you get your daughters lights hooked up to a remote?
AAC has a remote package for around $60. She controls her halos, footwell, and rear bowtie with it.

Tags
aac, footwell, lighting