Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Code Thrown - P0108

Good Morning guys!

So Friday afternoon my car would not start. It would try to turn over very slowly but just couldn't. I know the battery is fine as it was just replaced, but I went ahead and tried the battery reset and pumped the throttle and able to get it started after about 30 minutes. Check engine came on so I went over to a Auto store to have the code read. P0108 MAP sensor, was the only code. I recently just cammed and supercharged, so that probably has something to do with it. Can the MAP sensor cause electrical issues like this? Problems starting up? Also causing the car to engage "Stabilitrak" and make it run like crap? I am going to order a new MAP sensor in and replace it. I have heard about guys with boosted LS3's going to the ZR1 MAP sensor, but it requires a re-tune. My car was worked on by a shop about 4 1/2 hours away so if a re-tune is nessecary then I will but would like to avoid if I can.

Just looking for input you guys have! I have noticed that in the morning after sitting, the car starts up easy. towards the end of the day after cycles of turning on and off, each start up gets harder. Also I have the Maggie 2300

Thank you!

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote