Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
drive shaft caught my dust boot

Ive had the Hurst shifter installed for about 6 months now, and yesterday i guess the boot came loose and was caught by my drive shaft.

The dealer states the only way to get another boot is to buy the whole assembly from them.

Does anyone know where i can get another boot? ive been looking like crazy online but cant find anything.

All help is appreciated! thanks!
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Have you checked the Hurst site (http://www.hurst-shifters.com)? If you can't find it on their site, maybe give them a call and tell them what you need - certainly worth a try...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
Have you checked the Hurst site (http://www.hurst-shifters.com)? If you can't find it on their site, maybe give them a call and tell them what you need - certainly worth a try...
they've pretty much told me i'm SOL. Need to buy a complete shifter assembly from factory. Honestly, if their bushings didn't go bad i wouldn't have had this issue. The bushings they supply are crap and allow the shifter 2.5 inches of freeplay after only a few weeks. Wont be buying from them again, especially since the best they can do is keep send me bushings that go bad after a few weeks.
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #4
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
i had the same problem, did you ever find a dust boot? I'm putting in an MGW shifter.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #5
ZOOK

Drives: 2010 2ss 6 speed
Put in an MGW shifter. you will love it

ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #6
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedRubber View Post
i had the same problem, did you ever find a dust boot? I'm putting in an MGW shifter.
There are a few threads like this, and at least one did find the boot by itself. The part is labeled something less intuitive (i.e. not something easy like "Lower Dust Boot), which makes it hard to track down. Keep Googling it and you will find it.
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #7
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
My advice - get a USED one until you can end up forgetting about it.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #8
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
They make an inferior product and then they won't even sell you the parts they need to fix it. If it was only six months old, I would be wanting my money back. I haven't heard one good thing about the Hurst shifter for these cars. They are just riding off of a once good name and selling crap parts. Seems to be the name of the game these days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote