Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #29
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
I just bought areoforce gauges. Is there an issue with these gauages??
The guages are awesome but will not read boost without buying a kit to read boost.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #30
luisgayoso

Drives: 1968 SS 383ci - 2010 SS Inferno
PSI problem solved. It was the gauge. At first we intalled a provisional one with the hose through the hood. Now I have a real one on the dash. I think my expectations for the power were higher, but the power is solid now. After the brake in I will take it to the dyno.
Now, I have a situation with the oil leak from the charger. The shop changed the o-rings from the drain hose, and bolts without openning the case. He will call Procharger for some help as it isnot possible for us to return the unit back to USA. I read above that some of you guys had the same oil leak problem with Procharger, any ideas where to look?
Thanks again!
luisgayoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #31
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgayoso View Post
PSI problem solved. It was the gauge. At first we intalled a provisional one with the hose through the hood. Now I have a real one on the dash. I think my expectations for the power were higher, but the power is solid now. After the brake in I will take it to the dyno.
Now, I have a situation with the oil leak from the charger. The shop changed the o-rings from the drain hose, and bolts without openning the case. He will call Procharger for some help as it isnot possible for us to return the unit back to USA. I read above that some of you guys had the same oil leak problem with Procharger, any ideas where to look?
Thanks again!
This is such an obvious question, but it needs to be asked. With the oil fully drianed from the unit by removing the fill and drain plugs, how much oil are you putting back into the unit?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #32
luisgayoso

Drives: 1968 SS 383ci - 2010 SS Inferno
I don't know the exact amount filled in, at the shop they told me that they are filing the charger with the exact amount shown in the manual. The oil level appearing on the dipstick is perfect.
Procharger is sending me the o-ring and seal kit to be replaced here.
luisgayoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #33
Mcnhammer
mcnhammer

Drives: 2010 Cyber grey Camaro SS
Procharger kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgayoso View Post
I have had some turbocharged cars with great satisfaction. This is my first supercharged one.

I installed a Procharger system in my L99, everything fitted perfectly. After feeling not too much power gain I installed a boost meter noticing only 3 psi in fourth gear almost full gas.
Is there any way to regulate the boost on the Procharger?
The Procharger web page claims 7 psi for the Camaro, why I'm only getting 3?

Any help is appreciated.

Luis.
I ran into the same problem, note the procharger kit is not bad, but there pulley calculation is way...............OFF.
Try a 3.85 pulley for about 8 lbs. boost
Run your stock Surge valve and buy a Tial with 4lbs spring (see pics for install location.
Did your kit come with the MAF on the dischage side of your inner cooler. If not call procharger and have them send you the weld on and change the location. Procharger will have a drawing for proper install.
The kits are good but need many mods to get what you want.
If you have the "Fast" injectors trash them and go with Bosch 60 lbs.
Attached Images

Mcnhammer is offline   Reply With Quote