Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Talking SK guy @ 3000

I posted this in the ordering section too, but figured it might get more attention here.

Phoned the dealer today to ask to take of the Hurst option cause I didn't want that to hold up my order. He responds, "Yeah I read about that on the website you showed me (Camaro5 of course ) so I already took it off all my orders"

I reply, "OK cool, let me know if anything happens."
To which he says, "Well I was gonna call you today anyways, you are at 3000. And we have been told the build date is in the last part of April."

My dealer Is Sherwood Chev in Saskatoon. They had 6 allocations (I'm #1) and my car is ordered in Cyber Grey Metallic.

So this is good news for:
A: Smaller Canadian city/town people. I thought we might be getting them pretty late
B: Cyber Grey people

C: Most importantly, ME

I better start ordering all my GMPP stuff so it arrives at the same time!!

In closing, What status are the rest of my Canuckleheads at and where are you living, what was your slot in the allocations, etc? This might give us an idea of distribution.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
You have any news about your car DJ?? Or is there anybody else out there that has any news from the dealers in Saskatoon??(Or saskatchewan for that matter)

I'm starting to get a little worried, last time I talked to my dealer, SMP hasn't had any deliveries and we're getting into June. I would've thought they would have 1 by now. I don't know how Sherwood is making out.

I'm in on that ARH group buy and it looks like my exhaust will be here before the car, lol.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Gadzooka

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
mine is on order with smp - last time i checked my build date was week of may 18th. on order 1SS RJT / black hockey stick stripes
Gadzooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

As of last Friday, nobody at Sherwood has their car yet, but 2 are built and stuck in QC (My 2SS RS CGM and another 2SSRS thats yellow)

Both have been built for about a month now, so I don't know WTF is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
Old 06-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
Oshawan

Drives: Camaro
What Canadian number do you call to check your status
Thanks?
Oshawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
dinger

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Wheatons - Regina

Oshawan - I have talked to various C. Service Rep's over the last few weeks - some where "strangle" material. Finally found one that was very good to speak with - some of the others actually said it takes 3 to 4 days to get information ( from an automated manufacturing plant? ) , this fine lady put me on hold for a minute or so and came back with answers (in QC hold, that's not her fault ...)

Anyway - 1 800 263 3777 X2626 (Rose)
She is there this week, away on holidays next week - treat her nice and tell her Brad who called about the SS in silver for Wheatons Regina says hi....

Two ordered from Wheatons last August, PNY KLR ( camaro5 ) and mine ( # 9229 ). PNY's is on a train that cleared Winnipeg over the weekend, mine is on hold as indicated....

Wish we could get one train to bring them all.... Regards...
dinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

I second that emotion!

(PS: Dinger Still no word for my car, so I bet ours are keeping each other company)

Quote:
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
BIG NEWS!!!!
Went to SMP to book an oilchange for my current car and what do I see rolling by the window..........a f'n Black SS/RS!!!!!! SMP just got their first car this morning!!!!!!

You know that feeling when you see a bear or something and you don't want to move, fearing that if you do you'll be attacked.......well that's what I felt when I seen this black camaro slowly rolling by, it looked MEAN!!!! I literally almost sh!t myself.

I know....."this thread worthless without pics" but you can go down there and check it out yourself as long as the owner hasn't picked it up already.
Didn't check the VIN, didn't check for brake weights, don't even know what allocation number it was. It did have a sunroof though, and the midnight silver rims.

Needless to say it was an awesome morning.....until noon. Driving from the dealership out to circle drive, waiting behind a couple vehicles, and the van ahead of me backs into my car, mangling my hood:(
Good thing is that it was an SMP shuttle bus driver and it happened just outside SMP. So when you go to check out that camaro and you see a black sunfire with a mangled hood sitting outside SMP....yep, that's mine. First time she'll require surgery, poor thing.

Anyways, that's my eventful morning. Hopefully they will start rolling in quickly after this first one made it.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Holy CRAP!! I am headed out the door now with my camera!!!! Be back in a few!!

Quote:
Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

UPDATED!! Check the new thread

Quote: