Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
jtnwevo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Mounting Amp & Securing Sub box

Hi all,

I just purchased a full setup from ********.com that included a custom box for the 5th gen, 2 twelve inch subs, and an amp.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to mount the amp and how to secure the box to the car, so it does not slide around?

I will be documenting my install and posting it up here with lots of pics when I get it all done.

Thanks!

JT
jtnwevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I would use velcro. It isn't permanent, but it secures the box for when you need to move it in the future. It also allows you to sell the car later or remove the box in case of an accident.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Those questions are answered right on the website. There is even a picture on there that shows where you can mount the amp. You could also read the paragraphs underneath the photos for more detail...
The sides of the box are contoured to fit into the shoulders of the rear access. That way the box is held firm so it won't move around. Plus it doesn't take up much trunk space. As an added feature, you can mount your amp to the front of the box like we did, which makes for a really clean install. Speaker terminals are installed on the front so hooking up your speaker wires is very easy.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
jtnwevo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hi Steve,

I saw that information in the directions, I was just looking for other comments or suggestions.

I have not tried to fit the box in the trunk yet but are you saying that it is snug enough that it wont slide around when I take off aggressively and that I don't need to do anything else to help secure it to the car?

Thanks

-JT
jtnwevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnwevo View Post
Hi Steve,

I saw that information in the directions, I was just looking for other comments or suggestions.

I have not tried to fit the box in the trunk yet but are you saying that it is snug enough that it wont slide around when I take off aggressively and that I don't need to do anything else to help secure it to the car?

Thanks

-JT
Mine doesn't move. The purposely snug fit along with the weight of the subs in the box almost guarantees it won't move around. If you need specific install tips/hints, just pm me.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
Tecca

Drives: ...
I played my my box a bit this morning, once it is in place it isn't going to move, plus with all the wiring and weight of the subs this thing isn't budging Steve did a good job with this box.

Now only if my carbon items would come.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
I played my my box a bit this morning, once it is in place it isn't going to move, plus with all the wiring and weight of the subs this thing isn't budging Steve did a good job with this box.

Now only if my carbon items would come.
And once your subs get broken in nicely, it's going to sound great
Old 08-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I thought my sub box wasn't going to move around.

One TURN later...yes, it was a fast turn, and that box came sliding out about 8 inches or so. Velcro did the trick for me. Oh...and mine is in the left side cubby...not up by the seat.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #9
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
or small L brackets that you can screw it down with
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote