Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Mizzou-RS

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow LT2RS
Send a message via ICQ to Mizzou-RS
Camaro needs memory seats and mirrors ....

...... so I don't get caught ...... AGAIN ! ! !

Out daughter is home for spring break and a couple nights ago headed out with some friends. I told her to leave the key to the Camaro and I'd wash it for her. She said "OK, but DO NOT mess with my seats and mirrors because I don't like having to readjust them". I washed the car, vacuumed the interior, even scrubbed the floor mats and it was looking good ...... waaaayyyy too good to just put it back in the garage.

Yesterday, when I got home from work she mentioned that her seats, steering wheel and mirrors were all messed up and asked if we had been driving the car. I said, "Noooooooo ... but last night mom and I heard a lot of noise in the garage and your car had transformed itself. I guess when it got itself back together it didn't get everything in the right place". We got the big eye-roll thingy and then she said, "Where did you go?".

I said, "Well ........... Mom and I might have gone to get gas, and then we may have stopped for ice cream, and then for a cappacino, and then we just might have cruised through Sonic, and then our old neighborhood and then we MIGHT have taken a short trip down the interstate .............. but I can't remember".
Mizzou-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Oh, my goodness. Maybe she would have rather spent an additional $20,000 for a performance car so equipped.

Heck, she owes you anyway for putting up with her years of being at home.I would consider charging her for washing her car!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I'm pretty much the only one who drives the car, so shouldn't have much use for it. But heck, my 95 volvo has memory seats. Would be a decent option for multi-driver families.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
memory seats and mirrors would be nice if they can put them on a hyundia them why not a camaro. it doesn't have to be a performance car
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou-RS View Post
...... so I don't get caught ...... AGAIN ! ! !

Out daughter is home for spring break and a couple nights ago headed out with some friends. I told her to leave the key to the Camaro and I'd wash it for her. She said "OK, but DO NOT mess with my seats and mirrors because I don't like having to readjust them". I washed the car, vacuumed the interior, even scrubbed the floor mats and it was looking good ...... waaaayyyy too good to just put it back in the garage.

Yesterday, when I got home from work she mentioned that her seats, steering wheel and mirrors were all messed up and asked if we had been driving the car. I said, "Noooooooo ... but last night mom and I heard a lot of noise in the garage and your car had transformed itself. I guess when it got itself back together it didn't get everything in the right place". We got the big eye-roll thingy and then she said, "Where did you go?".

I said, "Well ........... Mom and I might have gone to get gas, and then we may have stopped for ice cream, and then for a cappacino, and then we just might have cruised through Sonic, and then our old neighborhood and then we MIGHT have taken a short trip down the interstate .............. but I can't remember".

LOL...Good one!

My 2 daughters are already "telling" me they're going to be driving my SS when it comes in.... I told them both, "the best chance you've got at driving a new Camaro, is to visit your local Chevy Dealer!! They didn't think that was very funny.......

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
shoud have bought a Caddy.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
My wife's Lincoln mkx drivers seat go's all the way back when you turn off the ignition. I wish my Camaro did that!
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
My Camaro's seat remembers me every time I sit down. I'm the only pilot of this jet fighter.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It would be a nice option.. but hey it's a Camaro! I know I'll be able to overlook a few things.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Imho the only reason to have electric seats is for the memory. Otherwise, just give me manual seats and save the extra weight.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Funny! I agree, it needs them! Plus the power passenger seat! I like the weight! jk!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Reeko

Drives: 69 Camaro RS Conv. 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
Imho the only reason to have electric seats is for the memory. Otherwise, just give me manual seats and save the extra weight.
So, how do you raiselower the seat without electric seats?

Anyway, I agree that memory would be great, but only worth it for me if it detects and changes remotely from the Key.

In my case,, my wife puts the seat WAY forward. To the point that I can hardly get into the car if I don't push it back. This gets to be a PITA if it is raining, and I am hold ing the button back for several seconds before I can get into the car.
Reeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeko View Post
So, how do you raiselower the seat without electric seats?

My 96 v6 Camaro had non-power seats... and a little lever in the front that would raise up and down the seat.. but i think it was only the front half of the seat so you really were changing the angle of the seat...
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
they never did put that kind of stuff in muscle cars.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote