Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #197
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Young woman that works for my wife saw me backing into the shop to change the wheels, she says did you get a new ride, me yes, its awesome, she comes over to look at it "can I touch it" me "sure" She was impressed.

Got pulled over for not having a front plate and the cop must have said 4 times wow these are nice cars. Got a warning.
Quackersacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #198
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Was at the car wash as I was waiting in line I noticed a SWEET 69 SS pull up in the vaccum line. Bright blue with white SS stripes, amazing car. I went though the wash and pulled out and drove down the street and pulled into a parking lot as I had some things to do at this store.

Right behind me pulls in the blue 69. The owner was an older guy, gets out and says, "Thats the best looking camaro I have ever seen!"

I was speechless for a bit!!! We talked for about an hour. The guy knew about 100 times more about camaros then I did, save maybe the Gen V version. He had bought his camaro right out of highschool and other then some suspension work and new tires and wheels, it was all stock.

Was a hell of a compliment for sure.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #199
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Went to dinner the other night with my sister and brother-in-law at a great steak place in a tiny town (about 300 people). There aren't many good places in the area to eat, so it was worth heading there even though it's about 35 miles away.

Our seats were near one of the front windows so I was able to see my car right outside. We were the first people in for the night so I watched as the place filled up. I don't think I saw a single person not stop to look at the car. A few had the slow down walk going for them and a double or triple glance. I even saw a couple of people go back out to do a few walk arounds.

Seeing people's faces as they stared was all the compliment I could ask for.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #200
Loudog

Drives: 2012
Old people love this car and they like to tell you about how they had their Camaro and they were doing 85mph on I-95 etc etc -

everyone says nice car and that they want one
Old 03-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #201
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
The Other day some guy told me. Nice brakes!
Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #202
FIGRRL
aka Bubbles

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Camaro 2SS/RS
I pulled into a gas station to stop and get a rockstar & when I got out the younger couple who walked from behind my car exclaimed "it's a girl driving that car! I totally thought a big guy was gonna get out of that! It sounds mean!"
I just smirked, said "she's my baby." and walked inside.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #203
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Today at the dealership I work at, had to grab some papers and then this happened.

New salesmen: Nice car, that thing looks fast!

Me: (permagrin) Yeah, it is

NS: Looks like a man's car! Then he gives me the starting a push mower fist pump. He thumbs up and walks off smiling.

Me: (continued permagrin)
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #204
2mylove
One of the 66

Drives: 45th Anniv. Convert. 2LT, Manual
Went to the local fruit market and the check out gentleman started complimenting how nice the gills look on the Camaro. He kept telling how he loved the old Camaro body. Disliked the 4th generation. Finally, this Camaro5 body style has class. He didn't believe the V6 had so much horse power! A friend of his walked in as we were leaving... he made a point to tell this friend that the Camaro out did his car many times over for looks. I didn't see what this friend was driving till I got into my car.... he had a Charger. Love my permagrin!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #205
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
One of the girls I work with was outside our store with her mother as I came walking up her mother was flipping out over the Camaro, ready to trade her 07 Corvette for it right now. Her husband watched indulgently, and with interest when I expounded on the mods I've done to it. Thought it was very cool that a woman was doing her own mods and even cooler that my V6 is pushing close to 330 hp.
I think she'll probably get a new Camaro for Mothers Day (as that was how she acquired the Corvette, I'm told)

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #206
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I've obviously never loved a car this much-- it's a compliment to her that I actually had tears in my eyes when I put her car cover on and went to get my new daily driver

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #207
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Anytime I have taken her out she typically gets a compliment so she makes me proud Best one I have gotten is that is the most beautiful car I have ever seen! Unique color combo and just POPS!!! I kinda laughed and said you must not get out much but I will take the compliment and run!

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #208
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
Had a lady (about 20 years younger than myself) walk up to my and look me in the eye and say "I think I just had an Orgasm.", she was standing in front of my wife.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #209
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
HAH!!!! I bet that went over well with the wife!!!!!

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #210
Dr.Manhattan

Drives: Camaro
Nice Mustang !.
Dr.Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote