Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
jjanders0

Drives: Imperial Blue LS
Typical Brake Squeal...or is it?

I've been reading through various threads on brake squeal but I haven't found one that talks about my specific issue with brake squeal. I'm seem to be getting to different types/sources of squeal.

I had the brakes serviced on my 2010 LS (pads changed, rotor turned, etc.) and after that my brakes worked well with the squeal only happening when I had to stopped suddenly. Nothing special or unusual about that.

Late the first week of December the temperatures dropped drastically in the area and we ended up with some snow and ice in North Dallas where I was living at the time. I didn't take the car out for several days after the snow but after driving on the icy/wet conditions for a day or two, my brakes developed what I would call a whistle.

The whistle generally happens when the car has been sitting for a considerable amount of time...maybe a couple of hours. It's most noticeable when I begin to back out of my driveway and I initially put my foot on the brake. There's a whistle/squeal that's different than the type of squeal I hear when I come to a sudden stop. It's less shrill in pitch and it more of a squeak than anything else. Also seems to be coming from the proximity of the front center of the vehicle rather the area of wheel wells.

Anyone else experience anything like this?
jjanders0 is offline   Reply With Quote