Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
LFX TUNE

I've read a bunch of forums saying that the trifecta tune is great and amazing, etc.
Last time I posted about tunes, everyone said don't bother with trifecta and get a dyno tune, etc.

On Phastek's website, they have a bone stock LFX with the tune and had a 24hp/17 torque increase, plus overall higher numbers through the whole graph.
All the dyno shops around me want $600+ and don't from what I've heard when I called they don't really have experience tuning a LFX camaro, so they couldn't give me an estimate on gains. I know they know what they are doing but I've heard the LFX is a bit tricky? Not sure but that's what people said.

I like the idea of trifecta since you get lifetime updates and don't have to go back to a dyno shop and pay more for changes.
I know there are other options like HP tuners and EFILIVE but I don't really want to spend 800+ on a tune. For an LFX, that almost seems pointless because I don't think it would give me that much more power or tuning than the trifecta and it's also double the cost.
That's just an assumption, correct me if I'm wrong.
If you have trifecta or even a different tune, let's hear your opinions
Old 12-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I'm really interested about this too... I've heard don't go Trifecta, but rather IPF.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
3rd me. I wanna know this EXACT thing also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
bionick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I'm really interested about this too... I've heard don't go Trifecta, but rather IPF.
I've heard the trifecta and IPF both have the same expected gains.. One thing that's cool that I saw with trifecta is that you can have CEL's turned off and stay off? For example, I have a CEL from what I believe to be is by my high flow cats, and the dealership says nothing is wrong so it'd be cool to have that light off. Don't know if IPF does that. But I have seen the IPF for 450$, plus a 600$ deposit for the cable. That seems a little pricey, I'd rather spend 465$ and change my tune whenever.
But like my original post said, other tuners that are like $800+, it doesn't seem like they would be worth it because if I'm paying double, I would expect double the power increase, which I highly doubt would happen ha
Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
bionick

Found this but it only says 2010 camaro.. Hmmm.
http://www.kpe-products.com/shop/cam...ed-to-cart=272

700$. Trifecta is 465 with the flash cable. Wonder what you get/lose for spending 235$ more with IPF
Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
IPF is the better option (in my opinion) for the 10 and 11 models b/c they are using a different ECM. Tuning for the LFX is more accessible and you should realize decent gains with any tuning option.

That said, if you could get someone to do a real dyno tune who knows what they are doing that is always the best route to get the safest tune and the most power.

IPF and Trifecta are not the only options for tuning the LFX...I think HP tuners offers something as well.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
bionick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
IPF is the better option (in my opinion) for the 10 and 11 models b/c they are using a different ECM. Tuning for the LFX is more accessible and you should realize decent gains with any tuning option.

That said, if you could get someone to do a real dyno tune who knows what they are doing that is always the best route to get the safest tune and the most power.

IPF and Trifecta are not the only options for tuning the LFX...I think HP tuners offers something as well.
Yeah EFILIVE And HP TUNERS are available, but I'm not trying to spend 800$+ on a tune. I mean it's a v6, so without turbo'd or anything, I couldn't imagine there being that big of a difference from the dyno, hp tuners, etc, aside from trifecta.
I mean the price is double the price of trifecta, so what, spend double and get maybe a couple extra hp/torque? Doesn't seem worth it to me, but I'm no expert which is why I'm asking you guys!!
All the LLT members on here seem to love trifecta
Old 12-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
bionick

For example.. I would rather spend 400$ for a 15 hp increase than pay 800$ for a 20hp increase. Make sense? Ha
Old 12-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
bionick

Also,
What Does trisected tune besides the transmission?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
SuperSlick

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
For example.. I would rather spend 400$ for a 15 hp increase than pay 800$ for a 20hp increase. Make sense? Ha
I agree with this, 5HP gain for double the price seems a little to much.
SuperSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
bionick

*trifecta ha oops
Old 12-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
bionick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
I agree with this, 5HP gain for double the price seems a little to much.
Ya I haven't seen any Dino sheets from HP tuners or IPF, but from what I have read trifecta knows what they are doing and I don't really see how any of the other tunes could be all that much better.. Trifecta seems to be the best bang for the buck. Right now you can get it from Phastek 437 shipped with cable
Old 12-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I mean, I remember seeing this a while back, but I haven't asked or inquired about it... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=10
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
All the LLT members on here seem to love trifecta
I had Trifecta on my 2010. Ran it for a long time and ended up going back to stock and noticed no difference. In fact I thought my car was starting to get sluggish and when I went back to stock it seemed to wake up again. Besides the tune to the transmission, the rest seemed like a waste. There are multiple other members who have done the same, and then again there some LLT Trifecta users that seem satisfied with their tune.

But comparing LLT to the LFX for tunes is like comparing apples to oranges. The Bosch ECM is a different animal from the Delphi in the LFX.

LFX has much more tuning support, and seems to get better results with a tune, so I'm guessing the Trifecta option for LFX will get decent results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I mean, I remember seeing this a while back, but I haven't asked or inquired about it... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=10
That is a custom dyno tune by Matt with FSP in florida. He does a great job down there.

Tags
lfx camaro, trifecta tune, tune