Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Most gases that are odorless have additives which give them a unique smell, this way you know if you have a leak. (safety issue) -- Not sure about Nitrous Oxide for car use?
They weren't doing any times. They usually only do times on Fridays. Saturdays are more of a fun time where people just get together, have some good food, show off their cars. It is more of a family atmosphere. They have also had some problems with people there complaining about issues with the timers there. I don't have any videos because I am usually there by myself since my wife deployed a couple weeks ago. I either meet up with some other GTO or Camaro guys or just race a bit and go home. It is only 10 bucks to race for the night so it is something to do. I actually haven't met too many jackasses in Cobalts, they are usually pretty cool guys. Just not the car for me. Just got the greenlight from the wifey for a supercharger so hopefully the next time I will have it and can take some vids. I don't even have a video camera so hopefully someone I know does. And yes I do street race..........so does everyone else here. No biggie when it is on a highway at 2am with no one on the road. Please spare me the someone could die speeches. But this was not a street race. The L99 runs as strong as the LS3 contrary to some on this site. I have beaten some LS3s and been beaten by some LS3s. It is a drivers race all the way. But I definitely smelled a gas from his car, if it wasn't spray then I have no idea what it was. And I know without spray, as bad as I beat him the times before, there would have been no way that he could have kept up. I took him by like 2 car lengths each time looking in my mirrors. Believe me if you want to. Why do so many on here hate on others.....jeez.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Why do so many on here hate on others.....jeez.
Thats not hate Lee....That's the Camaro5 Luuuuuv your feeling! I mean I feel it all the time! Its a burning kind of Luv !!
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Wow I love how everybody jumps on this guy saying he's street racing yada yada yada trying to give him $hit when hes just trying to share his experience racing another car, calm down people...

There is a shoot first ask questions later attitude on this site sometimes, I think people need to get all the facts before they chastise anyone

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
I wasn't on him about street racing at all, I was simply saying his story sounded more like a street race that got changed to sound like a track race so the he conformed to site rules.
I could give two sh**ts what he does with his car

Hell I have raced my G8 a time or two on the streets, and If I had a Camaro, I would be doing the same.

And why quote my NOS discussion as the basis to go on your little rant??

That is cool your track opens the doors for races like that, but if you are going through the trouble of tech'ing people in, and lining cars up, and having a safety crew available, why not give a time slip to the runners?
Strange.
________
SUCCEED

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:00 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #19
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
They weren't doing any times. They usually only do times on Fridays. Saturdays are more of a fun time where people just get together, have some good food, show off their cars. It is more of a family atmosphere. They have also had some problems with people there complaining about issues with the timers there. I don't have any videos because I am usually there by myself since my wife deployed a couple weeks ago. I either meet up with some other GTO or Camaro guys or just race a bit and go home. It is only 10 bucks to race for the night so it is something to do. I actually haven't met too many jackasses in Cobalts, they are usually pretty cool guys. Just not the car for me. Just got the greenlight from the wifey for a supercharger so hopefully the next time I will have it and can take some vids. I don't even have a video camera so hopefully someone I know does. And yes I do street race..........so does everyone else here. No biggie when it is on a highway at 2am with no one on the road. Please spare me the someone could die speeches. But this was not a street race. The L99 runs as strong as the LS3 contrary to some on this site. I have beaten some LS3s and been beaten by some LS3s. It is a drivers race all the way. But I definitely smelled a gas from his car, if it wasn't spray then I have no idea what it was. And I know without spray, as bad as I beat him the times before, there would have been no way that he could have kept up. I took him by like 2 car lengths each time looking in my mirrors. Believe me if you want to. Why do so many on here hate on others.....jeez.
some of the supercharged cobalts run alcohol and methonal injection, that might have been what you were smelling.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #20
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart View Post
some of the supercharged cobalts run alcohol and methonal injection, that might have been what you were smelling.
Most just run a 70/30 mix of water and meth or even just windsheild washer fluid. It cools down the high intake temps from the very inefficient little eaton blower being way over spun! lol Very cool sound of a small pulley (2.8-2.6 inch) on an eaton, sounds like killing cats as you run down the track.

I own a Cobalt and I'm not an asshole, I would have talked to you for sure If it was me.

This cobalt you raced was a newer turbo? I'd love to race an SS Camaro in my Supercharged Cobaltsoon, still havent seen a camaro at bandimere... :( Should be a good match and at leats fun!

PS: you can't smell nitrous at all, odorless gas... Only way to know is looking under the hood or in the trunk.
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #21
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
You should have just yelled "STOCK" at him

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #22
steddy2112

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS
Most Cobalt owners are out to get one another.

Just look at the LNF vs. LSJ rivalry
Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 AM   #23
Lee9710

Well, I def smelled something coming from his exhaust afterwards when we were coasting to go park. It looked like one of the newer ones. It was really easy to take it off the line the first times. I took off and led by at least 2 or 3 lengths. The last time he was able to catch up like he had a boost of some kind that he didn't have the first few times. I know I wasn't going any slower than before. I launched the same and finished the same. I am 100% sure he had more than just a S/C. But hey, still got the win at least 3 out of 4 assuming he actually did win the photo finish and I am at 100% stock. I am putting a S/C on mine next year so I wonder if it is this fast now, how it will be then.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 01:34 AM   #24
steddy2112

If you couldn't tell if it was turbo or supercharged, you are deaf
Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #25
Lee9710

Sounded like it had turbo. Made that sound when he was shifting. Didn't seem to have the whine while moving. Look, I know nothing about Cobalts other than I didnt want one over my Camaro. I drive Trans Ams, Camaros, GTOs, etc........never had a car like a cobalt and never wanted one. Never had a turbo or S/C car so don't really know the difference. When I make my cars faster I rebuild engines or drop a stroker kit in. This S/C will be my first on my 2SS. Not deaf, just very badly informed on Cobalts, Neons, and that class of cars.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #26
steddy2112

Quote:
Sounded like it had turbo. Made that sound when he was shifting. Didn't seem to have the whine while moving. Look, I know nothing about Cobalts other than I didnt want one over my Camaro. I drive Trans Ams, Camaros, GTOs, etc........never had a car like a cobalt and never wanted one. Never had a turbo or S/C car so don't really know the difference. When I make my cars faster I rebuild engines or drop a stroker kit in. This S/C will be my first on my 2SS. Not deaf, just very badly informed on Cobalts, Neons, and that class of cars.
man the sound of a supercharger versus a turbocharger is unmistakable
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 AM   #27
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddy2112 View Post
man the sound of a supercharger versus a turbocharger is unmistakable
It didn't sound like the older GT500s with the whine as it accelerated. It had the sound when he shifted. So why keep trying to seem like you are so much better because you know the difference and elaborate.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #28
steddy2112

Quote:
It didn't sound like the older GT500s with the whine as it accelerated. It had the sound when he shifted. So why keep trying to seem like you are so much better because you know the difference and elaborate.
How am I trying to act like I am better than anyone?

Oh yeah

I are teh betta.

I kno teh differences in sound.

It was probably a turbo car if it sounded like a turbo car or

here is idea of the century! Why not listen to both of them on youtube!

Or do you want me to link a bunch of SC ones and a bunch of TC ones for you to?

Last edited by steddy2112; 07-22-2009 at 02:00 AM.
steddy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote