Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
WHAT ABOUT PUTTING SS IN MIDDLE OF GRILL!

I am from the old school and I love Camaro's! I own a 1969 Z28 a 1970 Z28 1985 IROC-Z, 1991 1LE, 1997 SS etc... I have now acepted I will only be getting 422 HP! I look at the new Camaro and I think 1969! "AWSOME" I look at the placement of the SS badges and want to throw up! Camaro's have always been proud to showcase the SS badge on the grill, front and center. I don't see SS on the fenders? Rear valance is missing it front and center as well! All I see is two SS's in the grill on the side," It's not a 69 Z", and on the rear deck lid. The new Camaro SS doesn't have enough appearance differences to seperate it from a base model car in my thoughts. Now is the perfect time to make the SS better if we can't have our Super Charged Z28! I want to see the new Camaro with two "HUGE" White SS's in the middle of the grill! I want to have aftermarket parts offered through GM dealers to help me build my Camaro the way I want it! Now is the time when GM does what they need to do to give me, us what we want! If GM is unable to build a supercharged Z28 then sell us the parts to do it our selves. In 1969 you could buy a cross ram, off road cam, and chambered exhaust over the parts counter at your Chevy dealer! Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
I AGREE 110%. The SS LS3 should have NO Bowties on it. The "SS" should be in the middle of the front grill and the center of the rear.

I WILL take off the bowties and find 2-"SS" emblems to put dead center front and rear.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I don't want to put the Z28 to bed. When enthusiasts and consumers give up on a product, the company has little incentive to reproduce it. As long as we lobby GM, we have hope for a Z28.

I don't like the SS off to the side of the grill. I'll remove that one and put one in place of the bowtie if I can find one that fits. Otherwise, I like the idea of hockey stripes and will place SS or other appropriate (LS3, L99, 6.2L, V8, or something else) badges near the front of the fender. I will probably move the SS on the rear as well as the one on the front.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't think there's a problem with badge placing at all, in fact - I prefer it to most other ideas.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
IROCZJEFF

I have been booted for my comments on the Z28 so I would like to keep this forum related to the SS only please. Where is the moderator who booted me? Dragoneye?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
I agree with the badge placement complaints. We were used to the setup after seeing the concept for so long, but I think most of us expected the badges on the SS to be front and center. I know Chevy is working on brand identity w/ the badges, but if marketing does their job right no one will mistake the Camaro with a Challenger or Mustang on the street irregardless of badge placement (especially if the focus remains on the V6 as it has). I also will be switching up the badges if Chevy doesn't do it for us. I was thinking of replacing the camaro badges on the fenders w/ SS badges, but I think I'd rather just put SS centered underneath CAMARO.
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't want to put the Z28 to bed. When enthusiasts and consumers give up on a product, the company has little incentive to reproduce it. As long as we lobby GM, we have hope for a Z28.

I don't like the SS off to the side of the grill. I'll remove that one and put one in place of the bowtie if I can find one that fits. Otherwise, I like the idea of hockey stripes and will place SS or other appropriate (LS3, L99, 6.2L, V8, or something else) badges near the front of the fender. I will probably move the SS on the rear as well as the one on the front.
on the whole post; but I'm going to stick to the topic too

Again, I completely agree with Blur on the badge. My only thing is there are what, only two bow ties on the car? I think I'd have to find another way to represent on the front of the car with the bow tie, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
I have been booted for my comments on the Z28 so I would like to keep this forum related to the SS only please. Where is the moderator who booted me? Dragoneye?
What's done is done, and I think we should focus on the present and future, IMVHO. So about the SS

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Because of the shape of the grill it is going to be hard to find one that will fit properly and not look odd.. I was thinking the 70 Chevelle ss has alot of metal from the face to where it sits against the grill and it would be perfect to modify , to shape it to the grill of the Camaro... The rear emblem should be a much easier one to find. many replacement flat ss emblems from various years.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

D@mn! That was quick!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
IROCZJEFF

Slyman08 Awsome idea! You should be able to cut some material off the back. I am sure the aftermarket will get involved in making badges for the new SS. Look at the Z06 Corvette. GM didn't want to put 427 on the hood from the factory so they offered them through Gm accesories.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
I'm liking that idea skyman and I really like the idea of the SS under the Camaro on the fender blackZbandit.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Because of the shape of the grill it is going to be hard to find one that will fit properly and not look odd.. I was thinking the 70 Chevelle ss has alot of metal from the face to where it sits against the grill and it would be perfect to modify , to shape it to the grill of the Camaro... The rear emblem should be a much easier one to find. many replacement flat ss emblems from various years.
I was thinking the same thing when I started looking for replacement emblems, but i think the new stylized emblems will look better if we could find some with an angle. I think this is a demand the aftermarket will reach though as most die-hard Camaro fans will want the same thing.
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Its a Chevrolet first, then its a camaro... This isn't a halo car (corvette). Stop with this nonsense, if you dont like it then change it after you purchase it.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

I'm not disagreeing with you at all because we can't forget that. However, I think a lot of people remember the SS on the 1st. Gens. and the orientation within the grille. Heck, the 4th. Gen. didn't even have a bow tie of the front, only the rear if you had a Z28, SS, or RS. I never really understood that, now that I think about it. Again though, that's another good point. I'll leave well enough alone

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"