Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #29
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
im considerate enough to not be obnoxious. if you live on a main road or near a highway or are in a car next to mine and the noise bothers you...... then either sell your house and move somewhere else or close your windows in your car and turn your radio up. i don't know what else to tell you other then that sir.

assaulting people with noise??? i think you are exaggerating a bit, don't you think. it's not like I pull up to people's front doors, knock on their doors and once they open the door I rev the hell out of the car.

come on
Noise Ordinance versus Nuisance Code
Introduction
This is an overview of the New Jersey laws governing noise control, with an
emphasis on which laws may be enforced by county and municipal agencies. This
summary should not be construed as legal advice, but rather serve as guidance to
understand the extent of authority provided to local governments.
Noise Ordinance
The Noise Control Act of 1971, N.J.S.A. 13:1G-1 et seq. authorizes the New Jersey
Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) to establish sound level standards,
which are codified in the Noise Regulations at N.J.A.C. 7:29. These regulations apply to
stationary commercial and industrial properties. The statewide sound level standards are
50 decibels during nighttime (10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) and 65 decibels during daytime,
which applies to sources of noise specified in N.J.A.C. 7:29-1.2. A noise ordinance
adopted by a county or municipality must be approved by NJDEP to verify that the
ordinance is consistent with the statewide strategy for noise control and that the
ordinance is more stringent than the State’s noise regulations. A noise ordinance
establishes standards that are measurable by a certified noise investigator using a
calibrated sound meter.
NJDEP has developed a model noise ordinance for use by municipalities to address
nonresidential and residential sources of noise; however, there is no requirement that a
municipality uses the model. A municipality must submit the adopted noise ordinance to
NJDEP for approval prior to its use.
Nuisance Code
Nuisances may be addressed as a public health nuisance under authority provides by the
statute known as Health and Vital Statistics (N.J.S.A. 26:3-45 et seq.), which is enforced
by the local health agency, or under the Code of Criminal Justice as a disorderly persons
offense (N.J.S.A. 2C: 33-12), which is enforced by the local police. Anything injurious to
public health may be considered a nuisance, and in the case of noise, this means sounds
that are “unreasonably or unnecessarily loud.” A nuisance code cannot establish
measurable noise standards, since such standards are governed by the Noise Control Act
and thus, trigger a review by NJDEP.
If there are any questions about whether a municipality should adopt a noise ordinance or
nuisance code, please contact NJDEP’s Office of Local Environmental Management at
(609) 292-1305.

Well I guess you got your point across there I'm thinking your payout is going to be a lot more than your neighbors and you will eventually lose your battle in the end and have to move out or change your exhaust.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #30
96/10SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Orange w/ Grey stripes
sounds sick!
96/10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #31
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
Noise Ordinance versus Nuisance Code
Introduction
This is an overview of the New Jersey laws governing noise control, with an
emphasis on which laws may be enforced by county and municipal agencies. This
summary should not be construed as legal advice, but rather serve as guidance to
understand the extent of authority provided to local governments.
Noise Ordinance
The Noise Control Act of 1971, N.J.S.A. 13:1G-1 et seq. authorizes the New Jersey
Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) to establish sound level standards,
which are codified in the Noise Regulations at N.J.A.C. 7:29. These regulations apply to
stationary commercial and industrial properties. The statewide sound level standards are
50 decibels during nighttime (10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) and 65 decibels during daytime,
which applies to sources of noise specified in N.J.A.C. 7:29-1.2. A noise ordinance
adopted by a county or municipality must be approved by NJDEP to verify that the
ordinance is consistent with the statewide strategy for noise control and that the
ordinance is more stringent than the State’s noise regulations. A noise ordinance
establishes standards that are measurable by a certified noise investigator using a
calibrated sound meter.
NJDEP has developed a model noise ordinance for use by municipalities to address
nonresidential and residential sources of noise; however, there is no requirement that a
municipality uses the model. A municipality must submit the adopted noise ordinance to
NJDEP for approval prior to its use.
Nuisance Code
Nuisances may be addressed as a public health nuisance under authority provides by the
statute known as Health and Vital Statistics (N.J.S.A. 26:3-45 et seq.), which is enforced
by the local health agency, or under the Code of Criminal Justice as a disorderly persons
offense (N.J.S.A. 2C: 33-12), which is enforced by the local police. Anything injurious to
public health may be considered a nuisance, and in the case of noise, this means sounds
that are “unreasonably or unnecessarily loud.” A nuisance code cannot establish
measurable noise standards, since such standards are governed by the Noise Control Act
and thus, trigger a review by NJDEP.
If there are any questions about whether a municipality should adopt a noise ordinance or
nuisance code, please contact NJDEP’s Office of Local Environmental Management at
(609) 292-1305.

Well I guess you got your point across there I'm thinking your payout is going to be a lot more than your neighbors and you will eventually lose your battle in the end and have to move out or change your exhaust.
this is as much as i'll say about you going through the trouble of posting this whole silly response, especially the part about paying out, changing the exhaust or moving out........ you ready ??
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #32
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
i was gonna post the law as well, good thing we have some senible people here.... surely you dont think everyone should just get out your way and move cause you feel entitled to make a bunch of noise? since when does what you or anybody else do trump the law?

i dont think you quite understand the ramifications or better yet, even thought about the privacy of others...

edit: we have 18 wheelers that "jake brake" with NO load @ 35 mph on 0 grade roads pushing past 95 db.. it gets to me... when you cannot conduct business on the phone or in person, wakes you up at night, or pollutes the roads... you cannot get away from it, and the idiots give you a response like what you did.. i should move my residence and business so they can continue to destroy the community? i think not
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #33
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Is this the new way to threadcrap on OBX, noise???

Thanks for the vid OP, that rev was loud as ****!
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #34
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlbeerz View Post
Is this the new way to threadcrap on OBX, noise???

Thanks for the vid OP, that rev was loud as ****!
+++++1

By the way, did you get your set up installed yet?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #35
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I ran that setup for quite some time. I never got tired of the drone or the loudness of the car but my wife did get tired of the drone so I had to buy an exhaust but it still sounds mean. If you have a significant other keep her out of the car.....it will allow you to keep it that way for a while.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #36
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
it eats me up when i read about people worrying about the neighbors thinking YOUR car is too loud. Listen, i'm up for keeping a good relationship with neighbors but I WILL NOT COMPROMISE my likes just cause Joe Blow next door might think my car is too loud.

if your neighbor expects you to buy a beast of a car like a Camaro and keep it quiet then your neighbor is a dope. Don't get me wrong, i don't sit in my drive way and rev my engine, but my car with no mufflers is loud, i just don't beat on it when i'm coming down my block and when im pulling out of my driveway to go to work at 3:30 in the morning.
And I live next door to a retired Marine who is a world war 2 vet, the guy gives me a thumbs up every time he seems me in the car lolol. On the other side and across the street there are old women, house wives and everything in between and no one complaints.
It's not about compromising, it's about RESPECT. You have to compromise everyday, but you don't have to repect anyone. It does make life easier when you do though.

Who's CHOICE was it to buy a Camaro? Who's CHOICE was it to cut the mufflers off? I don't think it was your neighbors. I think you're missing MY point here. I just said it's extremely loud, which it is. I said I hope you have tolerant neighbors, which that varies. I'm running the stock suitcases and STILL idle it out of the culdesac out of RESPECT for my neighbors. I have 3 children and have been pissed more than once when the teens up the street make the circle at midnight with their stereo's cranked up. It's not so much me but it woke up the babies, which in turn pisses off the wife. EVERYBODY knows, if mamma aint happy NO ONE is, . A simple chat with them and they were RESPECTFUL enough not to do it anymore. You can't dial down the sound of no mufflers, . If your neighbors are fine with your car, then great for you. Others may not be so lucky. IMO, it's purely an obnoxious mod. You induce a very loud exhaust tone, induce drone, increase the popping, and gain zero HP. As with everything, to each his own.

BTW: you don't have to knock on someones door for them to hear your mufflerless car. I will bet you a million dollars EVERYONE on your street, and probably a few streets over, knows when you leave for work.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #37
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I ran that setup for quite some time. I never got tired of the drone or the loudness of the car but my wife did get tired of the drone so I had to buy an exhaust but it still sounds mean. If you have a significant other keep her out of the car.....it will allow you to keep it that way for a while.
I lucked out man. I already took my mufflers off and even with that my girl thinks the car should be louder. Lol
Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #38
Smoky10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
You induce a very loud exhaust tone, induce drone, increase the popping, and gain zero HP. As with everything, to each his own.

BTW: you don't have to knock on someones door for them to hear your mufflerless car. I will bet you a million dollars EVERYONE on your street, and probably a few streets over, knows when you leave for work.
As I agree that when someone comes down my street early in the morning and wakes me up I don't appricate it. I have actually gone to all of my neighbors that live near me and asked, have you heard my car in the morning when I'm leaving for work? And all of them, including the neighbor directly across the street say the same, no I haven't heard you leave yet. But now that said, I am respectful enough to not get on it in the neighborhood. I'm guessing you are talking about the muffler delete mod causing more popping and not the headers, cause the headers actually give a large increase in HP, and a large decrease in popping.

Thank you,

Brandon
Smoky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky10 View Post
As I agree that when someone comes down my street early in the morning and wakes me up I don't appricate it. I have actually gone to all of my neighbors that live near me and asked, have you heard my car in the morning when I'm leaving for work? And all of them, including the neighbor directly across the street say the same, no I haven't heard you leave yet. But now that said, I am respectful enough to not get on it in the neighborhood. I'm guessing you are talking about the muffler delete mod causing more popping and not the headers, cause the headers actually give a large increase in HP, and a large decrease in popping.

Thank you,

Brandon
Yes, i'm talking about the muffler delete, on the popping and no HP. At least you were respectful enough to talk to your neighbors about it, as many aren't.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #40
Smoky10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Alright well I'm still loving my exhaust, but I just the CEL this morning. So now I have to get it tuned.
Smoky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #41
Competition GT

Drives: Corvette
These do make decent power, we tuned an LS3 camaro with these (plus CAI) and put down 420 wheel.
Competition GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #42
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Dang it must have been the altitude. I only got 413 to the wheels.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote