Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
camone

Drives: 2011 camaro synergy
Using USB

I've decided to say bye bye to XM. I bought a Sandisk Cruzer 8 GB flash drive and loaded about 6 GB to it. All are MP3 or WMA files.For some reason,some won't even show up on the play list. I see no difference in any of the properties of the files. Anyone have any ideas why this is???
camone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by camone View Post
I've decided to say bye bye to XM. I bought a Sandisk Cruzer 8 GB flash drive and loaded about 6 GB to it. All are MP3 or WMA files.For some reason,some won't even show up on the play list. I see no difference in any of the properties of the files. Anyone have any ideas why this is???
and just how many songs are on it? not how many gig, but how many songs? as your system will only recognize the first 10,000 songs.

Page 7-20 of your Owners Manual

Connecting and Controlling a USB Drive
The infotainment system can only play back .mp3 and .wma files from
a USB drive. Only the first 10,000 songs are recognized on the device.
When a device is not supported, the message “No supported data
found. You can safely disconnect the device” appears.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
It also won't play protected files (ie: DRM). Which shouldn't be an issue, unless you are getting your files from your iTunes directory (or similar software) on your PC.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
camone

Drives: 2011 camaro synergy
I've read all the information in the book. I have way less then 10,000 songs,and none are protected. If I let all songs play in random mode the songs will play,they just don't show up on the playlist.(ex. I have the box set of Led Zeppelin on it. Box 1,2,and4 show up. Box 3 doesn't. If I let all play,it will play songs from box 3. I'm thinking it's a software issue. What else could it be?
camone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Sorry, I missed the playlist reference in the OP.

I've seen a few issues reported with playlists. Some of which are user created, such as creating a playlist and then moving songs to a different folder or removing the songs from the device. Which then essentially "breaks" the playlist.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I believe the file limit for USB's is 2500 songs, not 10,000 as stated in the manual. I would think that you are not above 2500 songs on only 6gb but maybe you have small files amounting to over 2500? :\
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
rockrobb

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro LS
I had a problem with some of the wave files not being formatted correctly. Once they were changed to MP3's, all of them showed up.
rockrobb is offline   Reply With Quote