Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
SASQUATCHelvis

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Winter wheels and tires

Hi guys,
So my 1LE is going to live in my garage for the winter and I'm wanting to protect my wheels and tires by storing them in my house for the duration. I'm looking for a set of good looking, but affordable wheels and tires that will clear the brakes and not be completely horrible in the cold if I decide to take the car out on a nice day. Will the regular SS wheels do the job, or is there a cheaper alternative that you prefer? What kind of tires do you recommend? I'm not wanting to reproduce the 1LE's handling abilities, I just want rubber on the wheels.

Thanks
SASQUATCHelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Natikal
NXTIME

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
I have a set of stock replica ss wheels with Blizzaks on them with TPS. I live in Clinton Township as well so we could meet for you to see/pick them up. I know you are only wanting to store your car but these would work for that as well. I used them on my SS last winter but will also store my 1LE this winter.
Natikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
im also looking for a set of winter tires/rims. ill definitely buy them from ya nick, keep em in the club.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance

Last edited by Detroit Muscle; 07-13-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
Tstormers
Tstormers

Drives: Black 2SS/1LE
Hey guys,
I'm up in Toronto, Canada. Where and how much did your winter rims and tires cost? I can't get a winter beater due to no storage locations for a car.

Let me know.

Thanks
Tstormers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstormers View Post
Hey guys,
I'm up in Toronto, Canada. Where and how much did your winter rims and tires cost? I can't get a winter beater due to no storage locations for a car.

Let me know.

Thanks
Winter tires for the Camaro run about $1k for 4 plus shipping. As for rims, look down below in the for sale section. People all the time are replacing and selling their stock rims. I managed to by a set of 4 stock SS rims for $300 plus shipping.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrong subforum