Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Looking great and I like what you have done. I just love the 1LE
thanks!
i love this car, i'm just trying to work backwards through everything i've done already lol...i guess i've actually done quite a bit in the 2 months or so i've had it. my friends joke that i spend more time working on it than i do driving it

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
OzzySS

next up was my CAI...i went with the roto-fab, mostly because they're one of the big reputable brands i read about here, and i could color-match the box. also, there was a great price on it when i bought, saved around $50 from the other brands.

nice and clean after about 400 miles

for the most part, the instructions were good, and easy enough to follow. the stock intake was easy to remove in just a few minutes.
for lack of any instruction regarding the ground post, i just left it where it was...i did have to cut a plastic retainer or two...

...and then just work the cable around the outside of the new box...it was a tight stretch, but it worked. i might relocate it sometime in the future, but for now i'm not worried about it...

the separator that comes with the 1LE left me with another deviation from the instructions...lol...so, i just connected it up as best i could and laughed to myself...

it's a little wobbly, but it works and i doubt it'll disconnect...

Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
thanks!
i love this car, i'm just trying to work backwards through everything i've done already lol...i guess i've actually done quite a bit in the 2 months or so i've had it. my friends joke that i spend more time working on it than i do driving it
Obviously they dont drive Camaros... Don't waste your time trying to explain it to them... they'll never understand!

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Looks good keep it up . The Roto-fab is a great touch!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #19
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Obviously they dont drive Camaros... Don't waste your time trying to explain it to them... they'll never understand!

tramtwo posted this on the go
it's true, they don't...i look at modding as another fun hobby where i get to see results, and exercise some creativity. although my mom even asked me why i bought a new car if i was just going to build one anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Looks good keep it up . The Roto-fab is a great touch!
thanks! there's still some more to come...just got to upload more pics to the photobucket and work out what order i've done things

Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
OzzySS

next up on the mod list...i was trying to blackout the mailslot and front fascia areas...at first i tried plasti-dip. maybe my masking job was bad, but after three tries i still wasn't satisfied with how the mail slot was turning out. never even made an attempt on the upper grille area with it. guess i'm plasti-retarded :P
so i bought some vinyls off ebay...managed to find a seller that had a mailslot and fascia package that even threw in bowtie blackouts as a bonus

turns out, i'm way better at slapping vinyls on than i was at shooting plasti-dip lol. got the whole set on in under an hour, i think.
oh, and i also put some fading effect gill stripes on, at some point...

Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
OzzySS

with others...

out at a BBQ on north shore with Edition 808, primarily a German import club...but the camaro still got a lot of respect. a LOT of jokes were made about how much i stood out tho

and it really only got worse...

still...they've invited me to their get togethers several times since, as the american muscle representative

caught some joker outside the bar one night

also, finally met up with newb at this bar on another weekend...as far as i know, we're still the only two 1LE's on the island
his pics turned out better than mine...he's got an AGM with the RS

Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #22
OzzySS

latest pics (2/15/13)

finally removed the rear SS badge...the white-on-yellow really bugged me.
also removed the camaro fender badges, and installed my 1LE badges from Roger at emblempros on the hood. i know some people get real meticulous about measuring everything out, but i just eyeballed one side and laid tape across the hood in a box pattern to make the other side match

also swapped out my dome light and trunk light with some bonus red LEDs that i got from ordering something...

now i'm planning on doing the door abl panels in red (just received those LEDs from Ofer tonight, actually), and i've got red footwell strips as a bonus from some other purchase as well. however, all my mods are on hold at the moment, since the car is still at the dealership waiting for the new strut to come in (hopefully weds/thurs)
i've got a few other things laying around waiting for install, but those are gonna stay a surprise for now

Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
out at a BBQ on north shore with Edition 808, primarily a German import club...but the camaro still got a lot of respect. a LOT of jokes were made about how much i stood out tho

and it really only got worse...

still...they've invited me to their get togethers several times since, as the american muscle representative

caught some joker outside the bar one night

also, finally met up with newb at this bar on another weekend...as far as i know, we're still the only two 1LE's on the island
his pics turned out better than mine...he's got an AGM with the RS

American Muscle representative. VWs are nice on the inside and fun little cars. Used to sell them right around the time of the demise of the fourth gen Camaro. Sounds like a fun group.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #24
OzzySS

Yeah one of my roommates has an R32, heavily modified. They're nice, but for my money I was set on the 1LE edition 808 is a pretty good little group, I gotta make it out to one of the 5-0 Muscle meetups soon.
Speaking of that, hoping to get some update from the dealer tomorrow about my strut...they were expecting the parts in today, but I got busy at work and didn't have time to call before the service dept closed...

Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Car is coming together nicely...love the look.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #26
BlwnSS
i like carz

Drives: 99 Formula,85 Trans Am,04 Monte
nice ride , i like the mods you have done , i think my favorite mod is the side markers , they are just awesome like that .

Any plans for headers or cam . Is their even any ls engine tuners out there?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
OzzySS

Thanks guys
I'd like to do headers and cam, but I want to put some miles on it before I do a tune or a big cam package and throw away the warranty. Right now it's still under 800 since its my weekend cruiser and it's hard to rack up mileage out here :(
Oh, another update: called the dealer yesterday and they just got the rest of the parts in, so I should be able to get the car back Monday. Still not told if it'll be warranty since they haven't put it on the lift yet. Also more than a little aggravated that I've gotta be the one calling an asking for updates, but that's pretty common for Hawaii. :(

Old 03-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28 View Post
Car is coming together nicely...love the look.
agreed! Nice to see he planned ahead of delivery as well

Tags
1le, 2013, npp, ozzyss, rally yellow