Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-28-2018, 06:41 AM   #1
khanh

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary V8 LS3
Endlinks

Hi,

I bought pfadt sways with their endlinks and they broke after 5 months. Then I put back stock endlinks. They lasted about 3 months. So then I bought bmr endlinks and they lasted about 6 months. Installation was not problem because they were installed on 3 different places.
I am not racing. Just daily driving. Yes we have rough streets here but it is not normal to change endlinks so often.
Are there any good endlinks to handle it or where is the problem? Thanks.
zr28 wheels, Pfadt ZL spec sway bars, Pfadt adjustable front end links, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt toe rods, BMR rear cradle poly bushings, Pedders front radius rod inserts.
audio:
front Hertz hsk 165.3, rear Hertz dcx 690.3, Helix P8W woofer, amp ipaul 4300, amp Carpower HPB 602, STP isilver sound deadening (doors, trunk, rear deck, under rear seats).
exterior:
SPL like splitter, red painted calipers, zl1 spoiler, 1le diffuser with quad tips, zl1 upper grille.
khanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
Matt8892(2)

Drives: Black camaro 2ss 45th
Is he bar itself maybe not articulating in the way it should and in turn putting to much stress on the end links? We’re the rubber mounts for it greased when the bar was bolted to the car?
Matt8892(2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
khanh

Yes, they were greased and I grease all needed parts every 6 months.
zr28 wheels, Pfadt ZL spec sway bars, Pfadt adjustable front end links, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt toe rods, BMR rear cradle poly bushings, Pedders front radius rod inserts.
audio:
front Hertz hsk 165.3, rear Hertz dcx 690.3, Helix P8W woofer, amp ipaul 4300, amp Carpower HPB 602, STP isilver sound deadening (doors, trunk, rear deck, under rear seats).
exterior:
SPL like splitter, red painted calipers, zl1 spoiler, 1le diffuser with quad tips, zl1 upper grille.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Try these: http://www.provenwicked.com/

Contact them and share your current issues. they are very responsive.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanh View Post
Hi,

I bought pfadt sways with their endlinks and they broke after 5 months. Then I put back stock endlinks. They lasted about 3 months. So then I bought bmr endlinks and they lasted about 6 months. Installation was not problem because they were installed on 3 different places.
I am not racing. Just daily driving. Yes we have rough streets here but it is not normal to change endlinks so often.
Are there any good endlinks to handle it or where is the problem? Thanks.
There has to be another Issue besides Bad Roads to have Factory, Pfadt and our End Links to break in a Short period of time.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
There has to be another Issue besides Bad Roads to have Factory, Pfadt and our End Links to break in a Short period of time.
+1
Old 03-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #7
khanh

I don't know but my dealer checked it and said there is nothing wrong with that setup. Other mechanic didn't find anything wrong either. Maybe the sway bar is bad.
What ride should I expect if I put back stock front sway and keep Pfadt rear sway bar?
audio:
exterior:
Old 03-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #8
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I too am curious. OP, do you drive your car year round? Are the roads salted heavily during the winter months?
PFADT stage 3 suspension kit, SW LTH, SW cat less retro exhaust, MGW short throw, 3.91 gears, MRR Z28 wheels, Roto Fab CAI, SLP underpully, 255cc ported heads, TSP 229/236 Cam, ZL1 pump, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, ID850 injectors, Snow Stage III Meth kit
480whp/460wtq tuned by Dynosty
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote