Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
charleSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS 6m IBM Baby!
USB port

I have a thumb drive loaded with mp3's. I plugged this bad boy in and the stereo recognizes it and goes through it's "index" stage. The only issue I have...and was wondering if anyone else ran across this...is I can't forward to the next track. My "next track" button on the head unit or the wheel just starts the song over again. Any ideas? Thx!
charleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
If you are trying to change songs while it is indexing it will not work. It does the same thing if you plug your phone in and it has a bunch of songs on it.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
once its done indexing all the songs......it should switch when you hit the button.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
If you want it to function smooth and quickly, you should get an iPod. I know it's ridiculous that you need to fork out the money for an ipod just for indexing, but it will work the best.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wocampb View Post
If you are trying to change songs while it is indexing it will not work. It does the same thing if you plug your phone in and it has a bunch of songs on it.
That's only for some hardware/software versions. My '11 lets me advance songs and even browse already-indexed folders while it's still indexing. So halfway through the index, i can see and choose songs from folders that start with A to M or whatever. Kinda sucks cause a lot of my favorite folders start with T.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

IF you will put the flash drive in, and LEAVE it in.....once it indexs the first time.....the next time you get in the car and fire it up, it will work as soon as it starts playing, it does a MINI index......I have an 8 gig drive in mine that I leave in all the time for normal running the roads, there is about 1800 songs on it. If I'm going on a long trip, I plug in my Zune which has ALL my music on it.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
charleSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS 6m IBM Baby!
Yeah, I'll try my nano. It's about 2 gb so I should able to get a fair amount of music on it. Maybe the other <off brand> unit is too old...I can't remember when I picked it up.
charleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
IF you will put the flash drive in, and LEAVE it in.....once it indexs the first time.....the next time you get in the car and fire it up, it will work as soon as it starts playing, it does a MINI index......I have an 8 gig drive in mine that I leave in all the time for normal running the roads, there is about 1800 songs on it. If I'm going on a long trip, I plug in my Zune which has ALL my music on it.
You sir are lucky. Many of us have cars that index every time you start the car. Mine runs the index around 50% of the time. Shutting off the radio before turning off the engine seems to help a little.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Boy View Post
You sir are lucky. Many of us have cars that index every time you start the car. Mine runs the index around 50% of the time. Shutting off the radio before turning off the engine seems to help a little.
well here is why mine doesn't and yours most likely does......I found the PDIM UPDATE thread a while back and read the whole thing, at the time it was 31 pages. There was a Technical Service Bullitin (TSB) put out in the first part of 2011 covering a LOT of the problems we were having with the PDIM for the USB port......I downloaded the TSB and the P/N required to get it fixed UNDER WARRANTY at my dealer.......and I did.

Here is the thread I was refering to:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=PDIM+UPDATE

and here is the TSB:

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf