Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Can't we all just get along??

Why so much tension and hate between the mustang/maro people?? Bring up the challenger it's ok, bring up the gt500 and it's WAR! LoL. I understand it is an old battle but the times have changed.
Seriously though we should be thankful/grateful that we even have these 3 cars again at the same time and that they all look pretty damn good IMHO. Nothing wrong with being competitve but no need to hate on the other for w/e car he drives.
I love these forums, mustang forums are not as exciting. I ordered a GT500 but still browse these forums much more than the mustang ones. I don't want to feel like i'm not welcomed here just because i chose a stang instead of a maro/whatever and i hope other people don't feel that way either.
Much love and to all muscle cars/owners/fans. It's American baby.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
Why so much tension and hate between the mustang/maro people?? Bring up the challenger it's ok, bring up the gt500 and it's WAR! LoL. I understand it is an old battle but the times have changed.
Seriously though we should be thankful/grateful that we even have these 3 cars again at the same time and that they all look pretty damn good IMHO. Nothing wrong with being competitve but no need to hate on the other for w/e car he drives.
I love these forums, mustang forums are not as exciting. I ordered a GT500 but still browse these forums much more than the mustang ones. I don't want to feel like i'm not welcomed here just because i chose a stang instead of a maro/whatever and i hope other people don't feel that way either.

if you bought american. good for you. they are all nice

if you bought a honda, lol
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Its all in good fun and if there where no rivalry then cars wouldnt get better.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
canadianiroc
SUPPORT THE DETROIT 3

Drives: 1985 IROC-Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post

if you bought american. good for you. they are all nice

if you bought a honda, lol
x100
Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
doggin someone for buying a muscle car other than the one you like is never in good fun.
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
comiskeybum
Banned

Quote:

i totally agree. buy what you want. now that the 5.0 is back all 3 cars are basically equal in performance numbers. as ive said a million times. its up to driving skill and individual mods to decide winners
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
+1

Its good times my friends. All 3 of American muscle are back to push around those pesky imports.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
doggin someone for buying a muscle car other than the one you like is never in good fun.
What ever, you drive a mustang, BE GONE! (thats a joke) People need to lighten up! So if your friend dives something diffrent, you cant joke with him about it?

You know what they say, "F'em if they cant take a joke!"
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
To this, you will always have fanboys/girls who will not recognized ANY brand but the one they want/own.

True car enthusiast will appreciate all cars, no matter the brand, because it what we love.

Like I said before. I love all good performance cars, from imports to domestics. I just love Mustangs the most !
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #10
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
To this, you will always have fanboys/girls who will not recognized ANY brand but the one they want/own.

True car enthusiast will appreciate all cars, no matter the brand, because it what we love.

Like I said before. I love all good performance cars, from imports to domestics. I just love Mustangs the most !
Thats like saying someone who likes baseball should like all the teams because thats what they love. That makes absolutely no sense.

If everyone were zombies and just liked the same stuff it would be boring. Rivalries make things interesting. I like American Muscle and some European cars, asian cars can shove it.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #11
comiskeybum
Banned

actually i know some people who are baseball only fans. they dont have a fav team.

i think what the thread starter is trying to say is stop dogging people who drive stangs and challengers cuz guess what......they're equals and they kick rice burner ass as well
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
You're new here...you will get used to it. I have been told several times it's a "Chevy site". I will say the mods are very tolerant. A couple of bad apples were warned a few months back (threads locked) and it's been better then it was in the December time frame.

IMHO - as in any forum spend a bit less time bragging Ford and more time reading Camaro you will be ok.

Demonstrating I love everything with an engine...picture of my Silverado and ski boat (sold) are attached.
Attached Images

Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Thats like saying someone who likes baseball should like all the teams because thats what they love. That makes absolutely no sense.

If everyone were zombies and just liked the same stuff it would be boring. Rivalries make things interesting. I like American Muscle and some European cars, asian cars can shove it.
I didn't' know being a car enthusiast was that competitive? Can you believe some people can actually buy more than one brand of car at a time????? :
Sleestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #14
1stgenSS

Drives: 67ss396
NO WE CAN'T JUST GET ALONG IF YOU BOUGHT A MUSTCRAP AND YOUR HERE YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE HAVING BUYERS REMORSE SELL IT AND GET A REAL CAR AND THE MUSTCRAP SITES ARE BORING CAUSE THE CAR AND THE PEOPLE WHO DRIVE THEM ARE BUT
I LIKE AMERICAN MADE BUT I'M A CHEVY MAN THROUGH AND THROUGH I LIKE FORD OWNERS GIVES ME SOMEONE TO SPANK THE SHITE OUT OF WITH MY BADAZ CHEVY

92 anniversery RS almost back to life after smal;l crash
1stgenSS is offline   Reply With Quote