Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #141
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[QUOTE=jrpxxii;6687352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

Id like to see your car on the dyno with the nitrous shot to see what you are REALLY making
I thought it made 750. Ted said corrected it was 732.

680 with no nitrous.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #142
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;6687387]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post

I thought it made 750. Ted said corrected it was 732.

680 with no nitrous.

Ya that sucks!!! Not sure how you can drive your car around without being embarrased!!! LOL

I have a long way to go until I am even close to your 680.

So riddle me this, if the Maggie can not feed a larger displacement engine to get HP level into the 700 RWHP range, would it not be better to go with a smaller displacement motor built to the nuts and with a displacement where the Maggie could still make some good boost numbers?

I have pretty much decided on a Livernois 416 Pro series short block with roughly 10.7:1 CR. Running around 510 to 540 rwhp right now depending on which tune and what octane fuel I am running so anything 650 rwhp or over will be a big boost in performance.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #143
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Fiftydriver;6687868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

Ya that sucks!!! Not sure how you can drive your car around without being embarrased!!! LOL

I have a long way to go until I am even close to your 680.

So riddle me this, if the Maggie can not feed a larger displacement engine to get HP level into the 700 RWHP range, would it not be better to go with a smaller displacement motor built to the nuts and with a displacement where the Maggie could still make some good boost numbers?

I have pretty much decided on a Livernois 416 Pro series short block with roughly 10.7:1 CR. Running around 510 to 540 rwhp right now depending on which tune and what octane fuel I am running so anything 650 rwhp or over will be a big boost in performance.
I drive the car with a ski mask on to hide my shame.

I don't care what anyone else has to say but every 416 Maggie camaro I've seen run at the track is my cars bitch. Ok, so you squeak a little more power. Gd for you. The tvs seems to like the 376 for optimum efficiency and production. The blower itself is now limiting the power.

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 06-19-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #144
Fiftydriver

Well, that makes the decision crystal clear!!! LOL

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #145
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post

Depends on your goals. Personally I would rather have big cubes, which may limit boost, and make up the difference with compression. I don't live at the track, so for street driving I think it will be great. Seems like you and I have similar plans with our builds. If someone is trying to build a track car for the best e.t. possible, it seems Jamie's car is the gold standard.
Unavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #146
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
Depends on your goals. Personally I would rather have big cubes, which may limit boost, and make up the difference with compression. I don't live at the track, so for street driving I think it will be great. Seems like you and I have similar plans with our builds. If someone is trying to build a track car for the best e.t. possible, it seems Jamie's car is the gold standard.
Ya, street performance is far more important to me which is why I am leaning toward a 416.

More to come!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #147
Ray@RDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
Remember though, engine size means nothing to a supercharger. Boost is only a measure of restriction, not total airflow. A 2300 supercharger can only move x amount of airflow, which will make x amount of HP, no matter how large of an engine is underneath of it. Factor in the auto, and you are talking about a combination that would make ~650, but 700 is a stretch as the blower just cannot move enough air to be efficient at that level.
I disagree with parts of this , in the current design ( out of the box) from Magnuson yes! With the addition of porting the lower tub elevating the intercooler while isolating it with phenolic s and increasing the throttle body size additional cfm is found by removing restriction...
I just put down 678 rwhp and 770 rwtq @ 8 psi on 91 octane
Using a stock 6 rib drive front and a 10 rib rear overdrive
Belt slip is clearly an issue on this combination, however it does clearly show the potential of a 2300 on a properly designed 7.0 specifically for the tvs2300.
I currently own 2 of the first 5 tvs2300 released to the public back in early 2009.
Pushing the limits and raising the bar of the TVS2300 is how RDS was created
Ray@RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #148
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Ya, street performance is far more important to me which is why I am leaning toward a 416.
I have a 454 /2300 combo and make 800rwhp on pump gas..You can make power a lot of ways...CR is the key to big cubes and Andy has that with his 416...
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #149
Chris@Livernois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Which is why I love turbos. 12psi, stock l99, no heads, no cam, no headers, no cais, no tensioners. 680rwhp/740rwtq.

Andy@Livernois, who is the person to talk to about being a dealer? Dave?
Yes Dave does our business to business sales. He would be the one to contact about becoming a dealer.
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #150
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I have a 454 /2300 combo and make 800rwhp on pump gas..You can make power a lot of ways...
What does the torque curve look like?
Unavowed is offline   Reply With Quote