Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
anyone ever order from tower decals

Just like the titles says anyone ever order from this company. Some other of the stuff they carry is at a third of the price of some other company's like gill decals and door faceplate decals. I know that sometimes you get what you pay for. But the products look exactly the same
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I actually bought their hash marks and they are great I am getting some custom stuff done with the guy tomorrow that works there, it is going to look awesome, very good vinyl quality, go ahead and buy from them. And they are exactly the same products as big worm. I bought silver hash stripes to match my stock silver rally stripes, perfect match. Awesome company stay posted for the rest of their work I am getting done tomorrow night, I can't wait!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
thanks will order from them. Was just leary seeing such cheap pricing on some of the products
Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
thanks will order from them. Was just leary seeing such cheap pricing on some of the products
Yeah don't pay the extra from big worm, its all the same stuff. I am getting some stuff done tonight and I should update it on here or on my build thread later tonight.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #5
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Vinyl actually varies a lot in price and quality. There are 2 basic types of vinyl, calendered or cast. Calendered vinyl is used for temporary signs or indoor use mostly. It doesn't hold up well in sunshine and is more difficult to install on curved surfaces. Since calendered vinyl is designed for temporary needs it is also a lot more difficult to remove and leaves a lot of adhesive behind. Cast vinyl will last a lot longer outside and will be easy to install, it's also a lot more expensive. Cast vinyl can also be removed easier, without a big mess or paint damage. Some cast vinyl is thin (2 mil) which can also make installs difficult. We use Hexis 3 mil thick cast vinyl designed for automotive applications. Not sure what type of vinyl the company in the original post uses, just some basic vinyl information.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Wasn't tying to offend you big worm, love your work. But I got some custom stuff done by this guy and it's awesome. He uses oracle vinyl too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Wasn't tying to offend you big worm, love your work. But I got some custom stuff done by this guy and it's awesome. He uses oracle vinyl too

No offense taken - Oracle make a product similar to what we use which is very good material (their 970 series) and they also make several lines of cheaper vinyl which is intended for indoor or temporary outdoor use. Almost all vinyl will last around a year with no problems, after that is when you can tell a difference.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Yea ,I ordered and installed these.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #9
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

here's the hash marks. Matches my stock silver rally stripes perfectly

Old 04-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
You must have missed my give-away of those... minus the RS.

Looks good.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Yea ,I ordered and installed these.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #11
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
You must have missed my give-away of those... minus the RS.

Looks good.

Jim
I must have. Did you order and decide against installing or have extras?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
I made a huge batch in multiple colors and gave them all away.

They were here....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...15#post6747815

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
I must have. Did you order and decide against installing or have extras?
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #13
Rhaar001

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
I ordered from them not too long ago and I love the product. Went on easy and looks great. Tower Decals FTW!
Attached Images

2013 Camaro ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic with Rotofab CAI, full flow-master exhaust with x pipe, Stainless Power Long Tube Headers, id 850s, 2.55 upper, 10% lower, 160* t stat
Rhaar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #14
TowerDecalsInc

Drives: Camaro
Hi all I am Vincenzo Barranca, My Brother, Antonio Barranca and I own and operate Tower Decals, Inc. We are a small company of 4 and are strictly e-Commerce. We specialize in Camaro since we own one! All Decals are designed, fitted and tested to our Camaro before they go out to market. We provide instructions and video instructions for all our decals as well. We also do signs, t-shirts and have started our very own Military Apparel brand called SOF LIFE which we hope to build up enough to start donating to the USO soon.

As for our vinyl... Oracal, 3M, hexis, Enduragloss, etc. We have been car enthusiasts for 10+ years. I personally own a 350hp Mazdaspeed 3. I have had vinyl of all sorts on my car due to sponsorships. We settled on Oracal for our main vinyl. We do use other brands but Oracal was the best for the buck (FYI, Enduragloss is CRAP!) and have had a lot of success with it for many years now. We use their 651 (3 Mil), 751 (2 Mil), 951 (metallic Cast) for 90% of our decals because our decals are not complex. We design our decals with the lines/bends of the car so there is no need for a "Wrap" type vinyl at 3 times the cost. We do not do racing stripes for a reason... expensive and a huge PITA... we stick to the smaller accents. We don't do wraps.

For those of you that purchased our Fender hash stripes you should have noticed a slight curve in one of the stripes on one side. That was to account for the bends and keep the vinyl straight once laid... We don't just cut a couple rectangles and say... "Good Luck" we spend hours and hundreds of dollars in R&D on a lot of our decals.

As for adhesives left behind, paint damage... a bottle of adhesive remover and a dab, just a dab, and it ninja vanishes... (Just a Dab!). paint damage... never. other than color fade from where the vinyl is not. but that is with any vinyl. Also, every Vinyl company will have their favorites, their biases, their opinions... This choice was ours and we guarantee it with 100% satisfaction or we will replace or refund your money. That is how confident we are in our choice.

Oracal has a 6 year outdoor fade resistant life. How many of you actually keep their cars more than 5 years! I know I don't!

So to answer all the questions you all have as to why are we so cheap (prefer inexpensive).

I have been in e-commerce, web development, Social media, IT for 15 years. Worked for Fortune 500 companies and small startups. I know how to turn a profit, provide customer service above and beyond and how to run a successful company. We also work from home! Very very little overhead! No employees, just "contractors", no insurances, no benefits, no extra utilities... In fact we actually get to write-off our home utilities come tax time!

We are a military Family. My Brother, Antonio, is an AF Spec Ops Gunner on the AC 130U - 105. My Step Father is in the AF, Grandfather was a navigator in WWII, My Mother volunteers her weekends to the USO at BWI in Baltimore, MD. My Father and I are the business end of the family! We try to employ vets and active duty military as much as possible before we look for outside help.

Also, we tried to contact the admins here but no response... Sorry if we over stepped any boundaries in this posting. We are not taking a dig at any other vendor here with this post. As I said, all vendors have their preferences, experiences and choices. We were just letting you all know what we are all about how we work and what you will get from us in products, quality and customer relations.

If you have any questions at all just let me know and i will address them to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for your patronage, support and inquiry!

Vincenzo

Last edited by TowerDecalsInc; 08-15-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added signature to post
TowerDecalsInc is offline   Reply With Quote