Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #99
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Pete (....and everyone...) -- you mention about proper seating position and that you used to put the seat the whole way back.

Proper seating position for a road course -- (and the highway as far as I'm concerned...)

Put your hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel -- with your elbows slightly bent. If your shoulder blades are not planted in the seatback, you are too far away.......move the seat up and adjust the recline. Most will feel - at least initially, a bit uncomfortable...but trust me - after a while, you realize that the seat fits you like a glove and that you are more comfortable on longer rides.......

I've had people tell me that their 1997-2002 Camaros had horrible seats and that they had back aches..........once I had them sit in the car properly, no more back problems.

Most people sit back too far and have the seat reclined WAY TOO far.......

It's a car -- not a lazyboy recliner!

Further--you can maintain control of your car in this position -- reclined, you lose most control.
Ahhhhhhh, but it feels like a lazyboy.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #100
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
great story!
usmcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #101
mkaresh
Account Suspended

Drives: 2003 Protege5, 2000 GS 400
So you went to the dealer, finally got to sit in your car, and then were able to leave without it?

Maybe it's in here somewhere, but how much longer did you manage to wait before actually taking delivery?
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #102
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Pete, did you drive through Culpepper this past Sunday afternoon?
I sent you a note. No, that wasn't me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClay View Post
Great Car / Great Story, I just got the bad news today that my TPW was pushed out 2 weeks and was (and still am a little PO'ed), I got the perma-grin on my test drive, perhaps all I need is another test drive fix to hold me over. Can't imagine a year wait, 5 months has been hard enough...

Congrats on the car and thanks for the story, it has been the bright spot of my day!
WildClay, your patience will be rewarded. This car is great! Occupy your mind with Camaro5 as much as you can and the time will fly by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick14649 View Post
Just a quick thread change thought... It really does suck that some people have to wait sooooooooo long to get their cars while others will get their's in only a month or so. Is there any rhyme or reason to it? I ordered mine on 6-1-09 and its on the train as of last weekend and WildClay ordered his 4-11-09 and still hasn't arrived at his magicly changing TPW date... and Pete waited for years it seemed like. IDK, it just perplexes me.
Rick, there has been quite a lot of discussion about this on here. There are state and federal regulations as well as financial reasons behind how GM distributes these cars. It is complex and no one waiting for their car feels like the answer is satisying. I will tell you that once everyone gets their cars, that will cure all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
pete- i am very happy for you

congrats < you will love it- I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST MY FRIEND
Thanks Jeff! You take care! I wish you the best too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Pete (....and everyone...) -- you mention about proper seating position and that you used to put the seat the whole way back.

Proper seating position for a road course -- (and the highway as far as I'm concerned...)

Put your hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel -- with your elbows slightly bent. If your shoulder blades are not planted in the seatback, you are too far away.......move the seat up and adjust the recline. Most will feel - at least initially, a bit uncomfortable...but trust me - after a while, you realize that the seat fits you like a glove and that you are more comfortable on longer rides.......

I've had people tell me that their 1997-2002 Camaros had horrible seats and that they had back aches..........once I had them sit in the car properly, no more back problems.

Most people sit back too far and have the seat reclined WAY TOO far.......

It's a car -- not a lazyboy recliner!

Further--you can maintain control of your car in this position -- reclined, you lose most control.
Scott, thanks for the advice. I took a few driving courses and they taught this seating position as well. I think I was just so overwhelmed by actually getting the car I forgot to position myself properly. I went for a ride tonight and got it more properly adjusted. I am also getting a little better feel for the clutch and shifting. 1st to 2nd is still giving me some fits at times. Overall, the car is still absolutely wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Ahhhhhhh, but it feels like a lazyboy.
I was able to sleep in it last night comfortably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
So you went to the dealer, finally got to sit in your car, and then were able to leave without it?

Maybe it's in here somewhere, but how much longer did you manage to wait before actually taking delivery?
So I sat in it on Saturday and I finally picked it up last night. It was worth the wait. I think my salesman was as excited to deliver the car as I was to get it.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote